“nice place”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marion
dalton, United States
“nice place”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Hotel was recently remodeled and was very presentable. Beds were high and very nice. Lobby very pretty. Staff was friendly, however did not like the fact that they stood outside and smoked. Housekeeping was not great. Carpets needed swept, used Kleenex stuck in side of chair, hair all over bathroom floor, bed skirt was half hanging on floor making us wonder if bed was done up and room was very bright with lights out. Rooms were pretty, beds comfy, very good picture on tv. Would not stay at room right off elevator and directly across from ice machine again. Maybe ask for room in back and it wouldn't be as bright.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Management_BWP, Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience about your hotel stay here at the Best Western PLUS. I do want to apolagize about any issues you had! If you are ever in the area again please stop by and give us another chance to make things right with you! Please contact me directly & I will make sure your stay is great next time! -Julia Gilmore(740)389-1998.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Napanee, Canada
Reviewed September 26, 2013

we stayed for 3 nights and the hotel was very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The girls at the front desk are very efficient, and our rooms were very nice . The pool was beautiful and the gym looked very new. (we didn't have time to use). I would stay here again when traveling through Marion

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

First I want to say Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone! We strive to have the best Customer Serivce here at the Newly Renovated Best Western PLUS. We are very proud of the renovations to the hotel and want everyone else to see the new changes! We hope if your ever back in the area to stop in and see us! Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay here in Marion, Ohio.
Salyersville, Ky
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I would highly recommend this Best Western to travelers. We were in Marion Ohio for the Popcorn Festival (which is a great festival with lots of food and entertainment) and a family member recommended this Best Western. It's really nice, clean and has a really good continental breakfast. It's in a great location with easy access to a lot of good shopping and great restaurants. The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The beds were super nice and there was a mini fridge and a microwave. Stop by if you're looking for a really nice place to spend a night or two or three!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Wanda H
The Marion Popcorn festival is a big event in the Marion area. We are so glad that you picked us for your hotel stay here in Marion, Ohio. I'm glad you like everything we have done here at the Newly Renevated Best Western PLUS. We hope if your ever back in the area you will stop in and see us again! Thank you for choosing the Best Western PLUS!
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
Reviewed September 15, 2013

All of the reviews about awful customer service is spot on. Shelly refuses to help any guests who experience bad service from an employee. Who runs a hotel and doesn't know that customer service is your number one business winner!? I also ran several employees there through a corporate account. I was warned by a prior guest who was refused a room type listed available online just because of a past issue with a rude front desk lady. Reward points are denied here if you receive any discount at all. Discounts are cancelled if you have a gift card. Employees here are not friendly AT ALL. Shelly makes promises she won't keep and avoids speaking to you after this. Word is out all over town and since July ive seen this hotel fall with awful ratings. I sent about 30 employees to fairfield the 2nd night of the week and amenities may not meet this hotel but employees who make you feel welcome and appreciate that you've chose them is a big win in my book. Serious training or a whole new crew of employees is much needed here. Spend your money somewhere else!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank A D
Mentor
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean. Beds are a little too high for me but very comfortable. They serve an excellent breakfast including a automatic pancake grill. Location was very easy to find surrounded by many stores and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you from everyone here at the Best Western PLUS University Inn. I'm so glad you had a great experience here with us! The beds are high off the ground but very relaxing for a GREAT night sleep! We hope if your ever in the area again you stop in and see us!!
Alexandria, United States
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a great place to stay and beat my expectation! Very nice staff, clean and a great value. The breakfast was very good and fresh food selection. The location was close to town and places to visit. My family and I enjoyed the stay at this location and strongly recommend to any visit to Marion.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank William C
Management_BWP, General Manager at Best Western Plus University Inn, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your review & for complimenting the Team here at Best Western PLUS University Inn. I will be sure to share your comments with the entire Team.

We hope that you return to stay with us & we look forward to accommodating you again in the future!
marion
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I'm in shock by the awful customer service provided at this hotel. I travel every other week and have stayed probably 100 or more of my nights per year at a hotel. I fought with my company to allow me to stay at Best Western because they're partnered elsewhere but I appreciate the points given here for Southwest Airline Miles. I have never seen or heard of any hotel staff being as unpleasant as the one at this location. When I'm home, my fiance and I stay at this best western because it's a peaceful getaway for us. The first time we stayed, the front desk associate was complaining that a room full of kids wanted more blankets. She admitted to us that she lied and said they were out because "they don't need any more blankets". So to me, this would make me question whether this would be the service I receive when I stay there. The 2nd and 3rd time was awful treatment by the same employee once again but for different reasons. One was out of frustration that a customer checking in was using a coupon that she didn't know how to enter in. She was telling the worker she was training how annoying the vouchers are. The other situation was when she and another coworker were rolling their eyes and speaking negatively about the manager because a chair was taken away from them. To stay in so many different hotel chains, and to know the competition that hotels are up against, it's a huge loss of business to have a rude/unpleasant employee working the front desk. I have reported this employee to corporate and she has continued to carry the same attitude. I won't be staying here. Holiday Inn has very nice rooms!! I discovered this after deciding I won't be spending a dime at best western in Marion until the staffing is corrected.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank r s
We apologize for your inconvenience & for not exceeding your Customer Service needs. The issues stated have been addressed & handled accordingly through Management & also our Customer Care Department @ Best Western International.

Thank you for your response.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
#1 of 2 in Mount Gilead
Royalton Inn & Suites
Royalton Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Upper Sandusky

Been to Best Western Plus University Inn? Share your experiences!