“Good Stay”

Fairfield Inn Marion
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Reviewed April 14, 2014

As usual, I try to stay in Marriott properties because I really like the beds in them.

Right now, there is some renovation going on in the building, so the area normally used for breakfast was closed. However, it was moved to two rooms. The breakfast was the pretty normal for Fairfield Inns. It was eggs, sausage, cereal, and a few other items.

The rooms are typical rooms: Great beds, clean, and plenty of room. There was a slight problem when we checked in because there were no towels. In less than two minutes, the guy at the desk brought up new towels.

It's nothing fancy, but it is a good hotel, and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Brian_of_Cleveland

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had a hard time trying to find a place to stay by just reading ratings online. I took a chance with Fairfield Inn and was hugely surprised.

ALL ROOMS have been completely done over from the ground up. Everything is spotless and new. Service at the desk was great. The INDOOR pool looked inviting though I forgot to pack a suit. Bring one! Lobby and dining area are next for a do-over according to the Manager.

I felt safe in the general area and inside the hotel, the room was clean and inviting. Decor was nice. Beds comfortable.

Hotel location is perfect - right off the main highway running north/south through town.
Located in a built-up area with plenty of shopping options close by if you are here for an extended stay.

I highly recommend staying here if you are in the area.

Room Tip: Third floor, end of hall is the quietest.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Mary Ann D
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review of our property. We value your opinion very much and are very pleased that we met your expectations. We hope you will come back again very soon.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

These days hotels are a good deal if the price comes in under $100 for the room, it's clean, you get a good nights sleep and the "free" breakfast is edible. This place met all those standards and the clerk, when we checked in, was helpful in finding us a good meal. It was a quick business trip and this was the ticket for a quick, quiet night to rest before we had to rush off to get our job done.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 6,554,321

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our customer's opinions are very important to us and help us to improve upon our service. I am very happy we were able to satisfy your expectations and hope you will give us a chance to do so once again. Please come back soon!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had occasion to stay at this hotel through a deal we booked with Priceline. We decided to stay here to "beat the weather" as my daughter had an early morning Volleyball tournament at Marion Harding HS. From the time that we checked in Saturday afternoon till the time we checked out Sunday morning early after the free continental breakfast we were treated very well in a professional and friendly manner. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean and tidy. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. The only minor drawback was the noise that was generated when the fan to the heat in the room "kicked on". All in all an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor - away from elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to please our guests. Please come back qand see us again!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I cannot say enough about the service that we received at the Fairfield Inn in Marion Ohio. We were in town for a wake and funeral for a dear family member and our group consisted of parents, brothers and nieces and nephews. Angie showed us individual rooms to make sure that we had what the rooms that suited our needs (handicapped, suite, etc.) The GM, Mary Hamby spent considerable time with my Mother who was very distraught over the sudden loss of her son. The compassion that she showed was above and beyond the call of duty.
The hotel was unusually clean (pool disinfected daily) and teh breakfast was wonderful each day. The staff wentout of the way to make us comfortable and really seemed to care about our comfort and peace of mind during a very difficult time. This might be my best hotel experience ever. My highest recommendation to the hotel and even more importantly, Mary Hamby and her staff. Exceptional..

Room Tip: Talk to the staff - they are wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Dear Dan D,

Thank you for your kind remarks about my staff and I. We sincerely love caring for our guests. I am just sorry that your visit to our hotel was not on a more cheerful note. Once again, your family has our deepest condolences. We hope when you come back to Marion for a visit, you will once again choose our hotel.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff was more than helpful during the stay. Very polite and welcoming. Left my laptop in the room and they contacted me within a couple hours. They went out of their way to overnight the laptop at no additional cost. I would highly recommend to anybody look for a basic hotel with friendly and helpful staff at a low cost.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for your kind comments about our staff returning your laptop. We aim to please our customers in every way here at the Marion Fairfield Inn and that includes returning any property that we find they may have left behind. We hope you will come back and visit us again. Also, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting relatives for 4 nights. The room itself was standard. Nothing outstandingly positive or negative. It was cleaned nicely evey day. Upon checkout, the desk clerk was talking on the phone and would not stop to address that I needed to check out. Finally I just asked if I could leave my keycard on the desk and she nodded, so I left. Later, when I checked my credit card bill, I noticed an extra $180 charge. Uopn calling the hotel I was given no apology or explanation for the charge, just that they would fix it. However, this took about a week before the charge was finally clear. Lastly, I gave my Marriott Rewards number at check in, but have not been credited for the stay. I received no receipt, so I have had to contact customer service to see if I can get the credit for my stay. Overall this hotel is ok, but maybe next time I will try a different hotel in Marion.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Diane B
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Diane B,

I sincerley apologize for the all problems you encountered on your recent stay.
I contacted Hotwire.Com and they are going to have you contact me with your Marriott rewards number so that I can personnally purchase you the points for your stay plus an additional 2000 points for your inconveinences. I look forward to speaking to you and personally apologizing. Thank you for staying at the Marion Fairfield Inn and hope you will give us another chance to serve you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
#1 of 2 in Mount Gilead
HideAway Country Inn
HideAway Country Inn
#2 of 3 in Bucyrus

Been to Fairfield Inn Marion? Share your experiences!