“generic”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Mpls., MN
“generic”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

These days hotels are a good deal if the price comes in under $100 for the room, it's clean, you get a good nights sleep and the "free" breakfast is edible. This place met all those standards and the clerk, when we checked in, was helpful in finding us a good meal. It was a quick business trip and this was the ticket for a quick, quiet night to rest before we had to rush off to get our job done.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank 6554321
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Our customer's opinions are very important to us and help us to improve upon our service. I am very happy we were able to satisfy your expectations and hope you will give us a chance to do so once again. Please come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wooster, OH
Reviewed March 6, 2014

We had occasion to stay at this hotel through a deal we booked with Priceline. We decided to stay here to "beat the weather" as my daughter had an early morning Volleyball tournament at Marion Harding HS. From the time that we checked in Saturday afternoon till the time we checked out Sunday morning early after the free continental breakfast we were treated very well in a professional and friendly manner. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were very clean and tidy. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. The only minor drawback was the noise that was generated when the fan to the heat in the room "kicked on". All in all an enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: Ask for top floor - away from elevator.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our goal is to please our guests. Please come back qand see us again!
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I cannot say enough about the service that we received at the Fairfield Inn in Marion Ohio. We were in town for a wake and funeral for a dear family member and our group consisted of parents, brothers and nieces and nephews. Angie showed us individual rooms to make sure that we had what the rooms that suited our needs (handicapped, suite, etc.) The GM, Mary Hamby spent considerable time with my Mother who was very distraught over the sudden loss of her son. The compassion that she showed was above and beyond the call of duty.
The hotel was unusually clean (pool disinfected daily) and teh breakfast was wonderful each day. The staff wentout of the way to make us comfortable and really seemed to care about our comfort and peace of mind during a very difficult time. This might be my best hotel experience ever. My highest recommendation to the hotel and even more importantly, Mary Hamby and her staff. Exceptional..

Room Tip: Talk to the staff - they are wonderful.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Dear Dan D,

Thank you for your kind remarks about my staff and I. We sincerely love caring for our guests. I am just sorry that your visit to our hotel was not on a more cheerful note. Once again, your family has our deepest condolences. We hope when you come back to Marion for a visit, you will once again choose our hotel.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Staff was more than helpful during the stay. Very polite and welcoming. Left my laptop in the room and they contacted me within a couple hours. They went out of their way to overnight the laptop at no additional cost. I would highly recommend to anybody look for a basic hotel with friendly and helpful staff at a low cost.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments about our staff returning your laptop. We aim to please our customers in every way here at the Marion Fairfield Inn and that includes returning any property that we find they may have left behind. We hope you will come back and visit us again. Also, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting relatives for 4 nights. The room itself was standard. Nothing outstandingly positive or negative. It was cleaned nicely evey day. Upon checkout, the desk clerk was talking on the phone and would not stop to address that I needed to check out. Finally I just asked if I could leave my keycard on the desk and she nodded, so I left. Later, when I checked my credit card bill, I noticed an extra $180 charge. Uopn calling the hotel I was given no apology or explanation for the charge, just that they would fix it. However, this took about a week before the charge was finally clear. Lastly, I gave my Marriott Rewards number at check in, but have not been credited for the stay. I received no receipt, so I have had to contact customer service to see if I can get the credit for my stay. Overall this hotel is ok, but maybe next time I will try a different hotel in Marion.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Diane B
Mary H, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Marion, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Diane B,

I sincerley apologize for the all problems you encountered on your recent stay.
I contacted Hotwire.Com and they are going to have you contact me with your Marriott rewards number so that I can personnally purchase you the points for your stay plus an additional 2000 points for your inconveinences. I look forward to speaking to you and personally apologizing. Thank you for staying at the Marion Fairfield Inn and hope you will give us another chance to serve you.
Wells
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I staying here one night. For a budget, travel hotel, the team here got everything detail right. Fast internet, comfy beds, clean rooms, good tv service. And very, very, helpful and friendly staff. The hotel may lack some facilities like a gym and fridges in rooms, but makes up for doing what they do very well. Marion is a strange place - but that has nothing to do with the hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel and for your kind words. Our guests are very important to us. We recently renovated our guest rooms and hope you will return to see the improvement. Please come again soon!!
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Stayed here on a business trip, and was not happy with the property. Had a moldy smell to it, no fitness center or "alternatives" available, i.e ability to go to the local gym, in room fitness, etc, AC was loud, bathroom wasn't as clean as I expected- there was hair in the sink and in the tub, the fan in the bathroom stayed on with the light. (ok- I'm nitpicking here, but when you are 100% travel for your job, it's the little things.) Went to the Holiday Inn Express for the rest of my stay and was pleasently surprised. Wish I had found them first!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for writing a review of your stay at our hotel. Recently, we renovated our guest rooms. I would like to invite you back to see the improvement. Please contact me personally for an exciting offer at our hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 2 in Upper Sandusky

Been to Fairfield Inn Marion? Share your experiences!