“Typical Roadside Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Marion
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Typical Roadside Hotel”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while visiting family in the area. It was your typical roadside motel, not much of a view, standard accommodations.

Our room was nice, a "suite" which was a King bed and a small sitting area. There wasn't much of a view. We were given a choice of a second story room, which ended up being over the pool. A girls high school volleyball team was staying in the hotel, and had rooms booked on each side of ours & were in & out of the pool all night, which was very loud, and made the floors in the elevator & 1st floor walkways very slippery.

The biggest complaint I have about our room is that the toilet didn't drain properly so we would have to sit & watch it for a minute or two to make it flush. Also, the free breakfast was standard, but unremarkable no scrambled eggs or breakfast meat like some hotels in the same price range stock.

The most positive things were the television set that had a number of channels to choose from, and a couch that was actually more comfortable than the bed. The staff all seemed pleasant too.

I would consider staying in this hotel while visiting again, but not without going to the Comfort Inn across the street first.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face storage sheds behind building. Hotel only has parking front.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Leetonia, Ohio
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I have stayed here many times in the past few years for business. It is usually very quiet, breakfast is good, and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I spent only one night but the place was very clean, comfortable and in a good location. You can walk to many restaurants and stores. There is a large pool. The breakfast are is somewhat small but not crowded when I was there.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
new london ohio
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We stayed three days, Everything was clean, the room, the pool, the breakfast area. Probably the most friendly staff I have encountered in a very long time. If I had a hotel this is exactly the staff I would want. They made everything easy. Marriott can be proud of this location.

Room Tip: We were on the first floor, with the air conditioning running we did not hear any outside noise.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Lenexa, Kansas
Reviewed December 24, 2010

I stayed at the Marriott property December 11, 2010. I am an elite member......no mention for the second time (others received recognition). The front desk was basically empty, every once in a while someone would appear from the back room. I was awakened at 3:20 am by a car alarm from the room above me, two hours later and for the rest of the morning there was a LOT of movement from the room above. As for complaining...........what and where would I be going at that time of the morning. When I went to the continental breakfast.....no one was to be seen........and a minimal breakfast.
The room was clean but very disappointed in this visit, I have been there several times, but THIS IS THE LAST TIME FOR ME!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
West Virginia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Frankly this is the worst expereince I have had at a Fairfield Inn---it was not terrible, but the room we were in (2nd floor) experienced a lot of noice from the hallway, other rooms (side to side, and above us), and from the outside (traffic/construction). I expect that sound proofing in a hotel will not be 100%, but this place was ridiculous---people making excesive noise in hallway late at night, the room above us had guestswho stomped more than walked, and we could haer the tv and convesations going on in the room next to us--all of this from 10PM till 2AM. Once that noise stoppe, I was awakened by some kind of truck traffic from the hotel parking lot at 5:30AM. Room itself was adequate, standard Fairfield Inn breakfast the next day---but too noisy to recommend to others as a place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The positives: 1) It's very conveniently located on a main drag in Marion. Easy walk to many restaurants. 2) It's clean.

The negatives: 1) The staff is not particularly helpful (at best), and in some cases outright rude. One desk clerk make an unfriendly comment to a member of my traveling party when she asked for an extra room key. They're rarely at the front desk at all, and they didn't answer the telephone more often than not.
2) The morning breakfast is pretty bad. You're much better off walking to one of the nearby restaurants.
3) The biggie for me: the bed was HORRIBLE. I woke up with neck and back trouble each day, and this is unusual for me. I see now that others have had this same experience.
4) The walls are paper thin. You'll hear loud stomps from above you, and any conversation in the halls or outside the building.
I didn't expect much for the price. It's an average hotel, but I think you can do better. This place would improve considerably with additional effort in the customer service department.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marion
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Marion
Royalton Inn & Suites
#1 of 2 in Upper Sandusky
Sleep Inn & Suites Galion, OH
Baymont Inn & Suites Delaware

Been to Fairfield Inn Marion? Share your experiences!