“One of our favorites”

Ranked #15 of 81 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Welcome to Tampico Mexican Restaurant! A family-friendly restaurant with a warm and welcoming atmosphere, Tampico features a wide selection of delicious Mexican fare with a homemade approach. Customers love our molcajete azteca, chili relleno, sizzlin fajitas, shrimp ranchero, carne asada, burritos, and huge variety of margaritas! From the moment you walk in, you'll be amazed by the friendly service. Our staff can often be found greeting guests at the door or checking in while you dine to make sure you are loving the food. Whether you've been dining with us for years or it's your first time visiting, we look forward to treating you like family!
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Consistently fresh and tasty, very good wait staff and affordable. The Tampico dip is a surprise favorite. My wife never thought she would like anything like that until we tried it.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was great. Cute little local Mexican restaurant filled with locals. Recommended by a Marietta College admission staff member as her favorite restaurant in town. Food was very tasty, generous portions. Enjoyed it and will go back!

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Every time I go to Tampico I'm able to choose where I'd like to be seated. Upon being seated my table receives the nachos and salsa that everyone gets. Within seconds I'm greeted by my server who asks what drinks I'd like. I'm immediately brought back my drinks (if I purchase a mixed drink I'm always told that if I don't like it they'll make me something else at no charge). After I order I have never waited for more tha 10 minutes for my food and it has never been made incorrectly. The pricing is decent, the food is delicious, the service is exceptional, and management is very kind. I highly recommend anyone visiting Marietta to stop into Tampicos, on second street and enjoy a meal.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

One of my favorite restaurants in Marietta - the food is fresh and plentiful. Carne asada, fajitas, and the verde dishes are so yummy. Try one of he fruit margaritas - the watermelon was so refreshing on a hot day.
Servers are attentive and it is the best to go if you need lunch in a hurry without feeling rushed.

Only downside is that it is noisy, but that can add to the party atmosphere if you're there to celebrate a special event.

Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

In general everything was okay as far as the food. The reason why we won't return is that the bathrooms were heavily coated with mold. Bad thing about this was its next to the kitchen.!!! We told the managed who didn't seem concerned, but for those of us who are allergic to mold this is a hazard ... Boyfriend sAid it is literally dripping off the ceilings in the bathroom ...I'm surprised they are not closed for this, but it is a hazard .