“Top Notch”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Marietta
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed April 15, 2012

For a small price, you get a small(er) room than most hotels. This hotel is more than adequate. It is clean. The staff is professional. The breakfast better than most. My first visit to a Microtel Inn and will not hesitate to stay there again. I honestly don't know how they do such a great job for so much less than most quality hotels. This was one occasion that I made a point of stopping by the front desk and complimenting the reception office. Never hesitate to give praise when it's due. They do a great job here.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Noisettiana

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We were impressed by every aspect of this motel. I had never stayed at a Microtel before but decided to give this one a try.

The room was clean, neat and the a/c unit ran quietly and cooled perfectly.

The breakfast was much better than I expected and off we went.

I would stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Impala guy
Reviewed March 17, 2012

After a 20 hour road trip, we were three hours from home, but had to stop driving due to exhaustion and a bad rain storm coming into our destination. We had been planning on stopping at another cheap looking hotel, a few miles before where the Microtel is, but were unsettled by it's bad reviews and shady appearance. We decided to give Microtel a call to see what their rates were. We were pleasently surprised by super low rates. Despite the late, late hour of our arrival (after midnight) and not having a previous reservation, the girl at the desk (Vanessa, I think) was super friendly and helpful. The lobby was clean and chic - much cleaner and better decorated then alot of "higher-profile" hotels that I've had to deal with. And the room was GORGEOUS! Obviously, the rooms are small, but the space is well laid out and well-appointed. The bed was new, well maintained and super comfortable. All the bedding was sparkling clean, without smelling like a hospital, like hotel linen sometimes done if they use too strong chemicals.The bathroom was spacious, clean and the shower was nice. Breakfast was delicious, and runs for a good chunk of the morning.

The location is easy to find, right off a major highway and they have a large lot, which was great cause we were traveling with a 24 foot trailer. There are a lot of resturants nearby, that are in easy walking distance. The hotel also has a nice vending machine - we arrived so late, all the restaurants were closed, but they had nice snack packs of tuna and chicken salad in the vending machine that were a perfect light meal before bed!

Other observations include the fact that the housekeeping staff seems remarkably good! Besides the quality of their work, watching them go about their work in the morning before we checked out, they just seemed to all be on their A game. They were get into vacant rooms quickly, but they weren't noisy or obtrusive to guests who might still be sleeping. Check out was also super efficient. We received our receipt under our room door in the morning and everything was correct and in good order

I just can't rave about this place enough! Every time I travel, I am going to try and find a Microtel!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
6  Thank Miranda K
Reviewed February 17, 2012

We had to stop in Marietta for the night due to a bad snowstorm. This turned out to be one of the nicest places we've ever stayed - for an unbelievably low price (AAA)! The lobby, eating area, common areas, and room were spotless. Very comfortable beds - got a great night of sleep despite the stress of a long drive and running into blizzard conditions. It was around Valentine's days so the lobby was decorated with tasteful Valentine's items. Wi-fi and nice breakfast were icing on the cake. BTW - breakfast served until 10 which is a nice plus for late risers.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank S_n_B_K
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We were in Marietta for a funeral. I used the internet to help choose a hotel. The lobby is bright and the staff was friendly and efficient. Our room was a double queen on the third floor. The room had a upscale trendy boutique feel and was immaculate. The room was small but quite adequate and had a fridge and microwave, iron and ironing board, and hairdryer. There is a very comfortable window seat with a pillow to lean against. Above the beds is a long mirror along the length of the wall that makes the room feel larger. I would have like different bedside lighting. The "light bar" shown above the beds is very bright.... but it's all or nothing. The lights are "green" i.e fluorescent-like. There were dim soft pin lights above the desk and the window seat as well as a desk lamp. However I was unable to read in bed without disturbing my husband even if I turned off one half of the light bar. I reserved a room here knowing other reviewers mentioned thin walls. I would agree but it was not a problem for us. I called the hotel directly to book and the desk clerk gave me the better of several discounts I could have used which saved 20%. We did not have the complimentary breakfast so can't comment there. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel has the interstate at a distance. If you are a light sleeper, you may no...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank RNmls
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This hotel apparently does not care about pet owners.

I made an online reservation and indicated that I had a pet. When I got to the hotel, the unfriendly female desk clerk rudely informed me that pets were allowed in smoking rooms ONLY. The reservation was prepaid so I had no choice but to stay.

I coughed the whole night and had a headache. It was very unpleasant to inhale cancer smoke. To top that, employees were smoking outside close to the door and it brought more smoke inside.

The room itself was fine. No complaints there. The female housekeeper who cleaned our room was very pleasant. The breakfast was decent for a free breakfast. The male working kept the breakfast area stocked and clean.

The manager really should reconsider the pet policy. Because pet owners are treated with so much disrespect, we will not be staying here anymore.

Room Tip: If you don't have a pet, than any room is great! If you are a non-smoker and have a pet, don'...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
14  Thank Tally L
Reviewed November 18, 2011

We were in Marietta on Saturday the 12th. Our party rented 3 rooms. We had originally requested a room with 2 beds and didn't need that upon check in - the front desk was happy to accomodate our change. The rooms were very clean. Yes, the rooms were small but considering we only wanted a place to sleep - we thought it was just fine and felt we had plenty of room. We had a one bed (queen) room. It came with a microwave, small fridge and coffee pot. The bed was very comfortable. They had a nice continental breakfast in the morning - coffee, juice, bagels, cereal, etc. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family