“A gem in Marietta Ohio”

House of Wines and Dining
Ranked #25 of 81 Restaurants in Marietta
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

We had heard a few people talking about this place and just had to try it! An amazing dining experience with flavorful risotto and tender seared scallops that melted in your mouth .... Another entree was the season of Italy on a plate, graced with the excitement of spicy abariatta seasonings that danced on the palate, and gave you the sence of sitting at a bistro on the amalfi coast. What a treat and lovely dining experience !!! We will be back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited friends in Marietta this past weekend, and they made reservations at the House of Wines. We were surprised when we pulled up to the restaurant because the tables are hidden in the back of a wine and beer shop. As a diner, you can select a bottle for your dinner from the shop (paying shop prices!) and drink it with your meal.
Besides the wonderful service and cheap bottles of wine, the food was exquisite, to say the least! Two young chefs from the New England Culinary Institute bought the place and starting serving up some of the best food in town.
I hope they continue to do well and have a chance to update the decor a bit (although it isn't necessary... word of mouth is all this place needs!).
Wonderful choice for couples or groups of friends to have a nice night out. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Whenever I'm in town I try to make it to House of Wines. The food is casual gourmet. Try the seafood cakes as an appetizer. I've also had the Staler Chicken, veggie lasagna, and some slow roasted pork. All of it is very good. The other benefit is that you can get your wine from the retail shop and drink it in the restaurant without a corkage fee.

1  Thank Craig S
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

This place is simply awesome! So much so that after my first experience I came back the very next night!!! The menu is fresh and exciting and they have the best selection of beer and wine in the area. And the best thing is you can drink anything from the shop without a corkage fee!!! Since I am not a local it took me a while before I heard if the place but am I glad I did. I will probably be back at least once a week during my time here :)

1  Thank ALWurly