“Charming Hotel with Great Location”
Review of The Hackett Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marietta
The Hackett Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Marietta B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Hackett while visiting family in Marietta. The rooms are very charming with classic touches and modern amenities. Although it is situated about the The Adelphia which has live music, the room was quiet. The common room (secured from the restaurant) that is shared by the guest rooms has a small kitchen with snacks, drinks and coffee for guests. We will stay there again.

The bonus, is the jokes you can tell locals about your last stay there under previous ownership.

NOTE: The rooms are on the 3rd floor, and guest must climb ~40 steps to get to the rooms.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall. We thought the further back in the hotel the better - for nois...
Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dbier
There are newer reviews for The Hackett Hotel

Reviewed September 25, 2013

The Hackett was a fantastic get away, even though I was staying there for work! I expected old & drab, but I was surprised to find a beautifully renovated building with a charming mix of old and new furniture and decor.

Check-in is through the restaurant downstairs and the staff there was fantastic - very welcoming! I felt bad, though, checking in during lunch and having to take their time.

Upon check-in, the manager explained the hotel and I was so happy to know that although the restaurant wasn't open for breakfast, they stock the common area of the hotel with snacks and drinks for all guests. So, I was able to grab some fruit for my breakfast. (A side note: this room has a great couch, tv, and huge round table with chairs. It would be a perfect place to meet with clients for a change of pace!)

Although there is a very steep stairwell to the hotel portion of the building on the 3rd floor, it was well worth the climb! I could see why others on Trip Advisor had mentioned the steps. They would be very difficult for persons with disabilities.

Speaking with my clients in town, they recommended The Galley for dinner, the restaurant downstairs. The food was delicious and the decor was just as charming as the hotel. My waitress even let me look in the music room next door. Apparently they have entertainment every week. Too bad I wasn't there for it.

My overall trip was great! I was so impressed with the facility and the people. I would definitely be back for both business and leisure travel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BizzyB1111
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I take frequent overnight motorcycle trips down to southern Ohio and have stayed in several hotels in Athens, Marietta, and Parkersburg. The Hackett is now our new go to place. The hotel is really nice and very unique. Our room was beautiful with modern amenities but with a historical flair. The bathroom is super nice, new and clean. The space had great 12 ft. ceilings and the bed was very comfortable. Came with a Samsung flat screen.

The common area is just really cool. Again modern with charm. Fridge was fully stocked with water, juices and pop (soda). Also had some coffee, snacks and fruit. This hotel would be really great with multiple guests on the same excursion. I can see why the bachelorette party in another review would enjoy it so much.

When I was booking the room, I was a bit concerned that the nightclub below would be loud and keep us up but we didn’t hear a thing! It was very quiet.

We also ate at the Galley and the food was fabulous. I had the filet and my husband had the strip and they were both really delicious and fairly priced. They had a nice selection of beer on draft and we did two samplers (5 each) so we could try out some different beers.

Finally, who knew Marietta could be so cute? We took a walk around the town and it was really quite a neat place. I had always stayed on the other side of Marietta (circa 1970s I think) and was so unimpressed. I had no idea that this area was so inviting.

Love this place. We will be back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Nahum Ward room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A little late getting this review out, but better late than never!

Stayed here over night for a mini college reunion with some college friends. Wow! So impressed! Right in the middle of town. Walking distance to the college and Front Street (restaurants, bars, Rivers, bridge to Hamar, shops). Our room was huge (stayed in the Hildreth Room)! Loved the high ceiling, window that opens and big bathroom and that it was very clean. The hotel had a nice sitting area where a couch and big screen TV and a kitchenette that has a refrigerator, coffee, cups, plates, etc. Downstairs was the Galley Restaurant and Bar. Free Parking... it was across the street but we parked in the the lot by the hotel and nothing happened.

Staff was super nice. Walked us up, showed us around and the cleaning lady was super helpful and let us peak into the other rooms - the Riley Room was AMAZING! Would totally stay here again and would recommend to anyone heading to beautiful Marietta! Would be a GREAT place for parents or alums heading down to Marietta College. Wish this place was around when I was at Marietta College!

Room Tip: Be warned - when a band is playing next door at the Adelphia, it can get loud. I was out late, so i...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Husband and I stayed one night. This is a small hotel above a downtown bar and restaurant - half a block to Front St. The room was large and had a seating area consisting of a sofa bed and two large easy chairs. Nice bathroom. Decor is sort of an Old English and modern combo, fairly dark. Everything is new. Mattress was very comfortable. Didn't care for the pillows, but they were adequate. We were comfortable and the place was dead quiet. Only downside is that there is no elevator and you must climb 2 flights of steep narrow stairs. We will definitely overnight here again, but will never try to lug a large suitcase up and down those stairs.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I needed to get away for a night, and decided to go somewhere new, so we picked Marietta. Fortunately, we found one review online for this hotel and ended up making a reservation. This hotel was perfect for our little get-away! The reservation process was easy, and we were met by the manager when we arrived. Check-in is done through the restaurant on the main floor, and the manager was kind enough to give us a tour of this three-story hotel. Since we arrived early and our room was not ready, the manager gave us directions to the local area, his business card, and took my cell number. He called as soon as the room was ready.

The rooms are spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable, and the "living room" area upstairs near the hotel rooms was a nice place if you wanted to relax, watch TV, or grab a snack or drink from the complementary offerings.

We walked around town - everything is close by, then came back for dinner in their restaurant. Drinks and the food were outstanding - the filet mignon was done to absolute perfection. Prices were very reasonable - and even better, we were seated on the side where a live band was playing. Dinner, entertainment, and a wonderful hotel room all under one roof.

I would not hesitate to stay here again, and highly recommend it. Only possible drawback is if someone has trouble with stairs - there are two steep flights to get up to the rooms. Not a problem for us, but could be an issue for others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pickatty
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The Hackett, located above the Galley restaurant in Marietta is simply beautiful. The employees, especially the housekeeper, were some of the friendliest and most hospitable hotel employees I have ever had contact with. The common room is decorated very tastefully and is stocked with all kinds of snacks to munch on, as well as free coffee via Keurig. The rooms themselves were very spacious and beautiful--blending modernity with historic taste perfectly. The beds were VERY comfortable and the sheets were the softest and best smelling sheets I have ever slept on! I would recommend!! One warning, there is a flight of VERY steep steps that may bother some people with disabilities. Other than that, everything is fabulous.

Room Tip: As for the Williams room!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cmsgreek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
The Lafayette
#2 of 11 in Parkersburg
Comfort Suites Marietta-Parkersburg
Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta
Best Western Plus Marietta Hotel

Been to The Hackett Hotel? Share your experiences!