“Great place to stay!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our family stayed at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta for one night in August, 2013, paying $141.25 total. This is a little more than we usually like to spend, but everything about the room was great. Our GPS did have trouble finding Cherry Tree Lane, and the hotel's set back from the main street a little, so I'd recommend arriving in daylight to see it more easily and be prepared to call the front desk for directions if needed. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. The bedding was the updated white type you see in newer hotels (not heavy quilts), and the pillows were big and soft. The bathroom was spacious with a nice shower, and it was great to have a large vanity and sink right in the bathroom instead of outside like in some hotels. Breakfast was terrific - eggs with cheese, bagels and more. And a special thanks to Mike - when a Snapple bottle dropped from our car while we were getting our luggage out, he came by while we were trying to clean up the broken glass and kindly offered to clean it up for us; even when another staff member came by to say "Mike, the maintenance staff can take of that", he just kept going and going until it was all swept up. Thanks again, Mike!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank backnforth2nfro
Michael K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind words concerning our hotel as well as the incident with the Snapple bottle. Our staff is told that “if they see a problem, they own the problem”. This philosophy allows us to provide the level of service that our guests have come to expect from the Marietta Fairfield Inn & Suites. Our housekeeping staff also takes pride in maintaining the level of cleanliness that you relayed in this review. When it comes to breakfast, our two Breakfast Ambassador’s go above and beyond seeing that each guest is given attention and service that allows them to start their day stress free. We hope that you’ll pay us a visit again the next time you travel through Marietta.

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my third stay here. One for pleasure and two for business. The first pleasure trip I was upgraded due to my Marriott Reward status. Business trip one "can't upgrade we are booked but front desk will upgrade you next week". Return trip "sorry no upgrade". Truly not the end of world, standard room is nice. But here is problem. There was a dirty cup of some mystery liquid left in room from previous guest. It was disgusting and maid never removed during whole week there. I "accidentally" left some dinner crumbs under the desk on Monday. Maid never cleaned it whole week. I "tested" maid service on Tuesday by leaving an empty grape stem in bathroom. It remained there whole. Bottom line is don't expect maid to clean room. I complained on checkout and was promised 5000 points for "the problem I encountered". Guess what. They lied no points :(

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Obrian4
Michael K, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

I would first like to apologize for the lack of proper housekeeping while you were staying with us recently. I assure you that this was not the norm for our hotel, and steps have been taken to see that rooms are taken care of properly.
We have spoken since your review and I do appreciate you letting me know of your dissatisfaction and your appreciation of where we did well.
I sincerely look forward to the next time you stay with us to impress you with our level of service and cleanliness.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The people here are very welcoming and nice. The lady taking care of breakfast, Linda, was especially kind and accommodating, going out of her way to get me everything I needed. Good breakfast offerings, too! The room was comfortable and attractive. It's so handy to have a fridge in the room. Everything was clean and new looking. I'll stay here again for sure!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Linda is truly an asset to our hotel and we appreciate you recognizing her and her hard work in seeing that our guests are taken care of, and set off with a hardy breakfast to start their day. The in-room mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker are a few of the amenities our guests have told us that they enjoy having, especially if travelling with small children.
Thank you so much for your review and we hope to have you stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to southeast Ohio.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

I spent two nights at the Fairfield Inn in Marietta, Ohio, and enjoyed every minute I was there (including the uninterrupted eight hours of sleep I got each night). This is a new (2012) property, and both the rooms and the public areas look great. The gym is larger and better-eqipped than in most Fairfield Inns.

The front-desk staff were personable and helpful. I didn't get everyone's name, but "Stacy" was exceptional.

I will definitely stay here if and when I return to Marietta.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel faces a nice hillside.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank JimDee2462
Michael K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind words concerning our staff and hotel. We discuss our guest comments weekly and this really put a smile on their faces. Once again, Thank you for the feedback and come back to see us the next time you are in the Marietta area.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Outstanding employees, especially Linda and Jeff, who go out of their way to make your stay more restful. I have stayed in many hotels throughout the years and the Fairfield Inn and Suites is one of the cleanest along with being very quiet. Next time traveling through Marietta, I will certainly stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kevin R

I hope this finds you well, and thank you so much for your review. It was our pleasure to make your stay enjoyable, and we are glad that our efforts were noticed in areas such as room cleanliness and breakfast variety. We will share your comments with the staff, as a way of positive reinforcement to continue to provide excellent service. Please keep us in mind the next time you're in town. Until then, safe travels, and have a great week!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed overnight at this hotel and overall it was a good experience. The front desk staff and custodial staff were friendly and helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The i-pod docking station was nice to have. Small fridge and microwave area. We spent a pleasant afternoon at the indoor pool and outdoor lounge area. The landscaping of the outdoor area was very nice. When the hot tub stopped working, we contacted the front desk. They said the would call maintenance. An hour later we called back, they said the maintenance worker was not on site and lived in another town. Most hotels have a maintenance worker available on site. This was the only down side to our visit. When we left the pool, still no one had arrived to check the hot tub. The breakfast offered many options and was comparable to other hotels. Overall, it was a food experience.

Room Tip: We chose a room on the third floor in the back of the hotel. The room overlooked the courtyard area...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael K, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

I am sorry to learn of the disappointment you experienced during your recent visit. At The Fairfield Inn & Suites, we continuously strive to offer exceptional levels of service, however in this case it appears we failed to deliver. I know the importance of being able to relax after a long day of travelling as well as the desire to just unwind after a long day, and soak in a hot tub.

I apologize for this oversight and hope it will not prevent you from returning in the future.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travel for work and stay in hotels four days a week. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels over the last five plus years. This hotel is one of my favorites. I stayed here for several months back in 2012 and when I learned I was coming back to the area I knew just where to book my reservation. You know what to expect when you come to the Fairfield Inn in Marietta, OH. From check-in to check-out the staff is working hard to insure your experience is positive. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Aron C

On behalf of the entire team at The Fairfield Inn & Suites, we thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit to our hotel. At The Fairfield, we pride ourselves on exceptional service, and we are so glad that you were able to experience this first hand.

Please let us know when you will be returning to Marietta, as we would love to welcome you back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marietta
Hampton Inn Marietta
#6 of 11 in Marietta
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Marietta
Best Western Plus Marietta Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Parkersburg Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Marietta? Share your experiences!