“Grandkid's visit”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
Xenia
“Grandkid's visit”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stay at Hampton's regularly and this one didn't meet the normal expectations,the staff wasn't friendly as normally they step all over to make you feel welcome. We were disappointed in the choices of pillows as they give a choice of thicknesses and we both have stiff necks after staying three nights there.They ran out of regular coffee two different mornings when we were at breakfast. If the other hotels in the area weren't sold out we wouldn't have stayed there the other nights.

Room Tip: This must have been a bad weekend as we normally love the Hampton's I have had better service an...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
ettahampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Marietta, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Best Regards,
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had a great stay here, it's very, and centrally located. The staff was great and gave us suggetions for dinner. We are already planned our next stop here. Breakfast was good as usual. Good value for your dollar

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maggie154980
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hampton Inns are successful because of the value for the price. The Hampton Inn in Marietta, Ohio is an excellent representative of this level of hotel. Great staff, clean sleeping rooms, common areas and even hallways make it a very pleasant place to stay.

Breakfast is plentiful, coffee is hot, and check-in/check-out is a breeze.

For this class of hotel, Marietta property is at the top of its class.

Room Tip: The 3rd floor facing away from I-77 is my preferred location. NOTE there is no room service, but I...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RichGalen
the midwest
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We usually stay at Hampton Inns and this one was a typical HI. It is nice to know what to expect with no surprises. Clean room and hotel. Breakfast was the usual fare, good, plenty of food and clean breakfast area. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank mom1958
Grand Blanc, Michigan
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Stayed overnight on the way from Michigan to Florida. Room was very clean and our whole family agreed that the beds were so comfortable that we had the best night's sleep in any hotel we have stayed. Breakfast buffet was also the most well stocked and best quality we have experienced. Great value for the money. Also, rooms look upgraded from the photos.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Tshu4
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed August 1, 2012

The hotel facility is clean and totally acceptable. The staff is indifferent, almost to the point of being rude. Everything the front desk staff is asked to do for you, they seem to do so with reluctance (of course they seemed to be greatly distracted by their lunch/food orders).

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank TravelsALot205
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 26, 2012

I'm giving this Hampton Inn a 5/5 without hesitation. My traveling companion is highly chemically sensitive -- so anytime we go to any hotel, it's necessary to ask for an ionizer -- especially at Hampton Inn, where Febreezing the room is standard housekeeping. The Hampton Inn in Marietta went above and beyond to help out, and the housekeeping staff was nice enough to keep checking in throughout our stay. They put the ionizer in the room before we arrived and again the next day while we were out.

I'll also add that the breakfasts here were among the better ones I've had, when compared to other Hampton Inns, and I liked the layout of the breakfast area. I wasn't down there too early, but there was enough room for people to eat when I was there, and it didn't feel cramped.

The front desk staff was also very helpful with restaurant lists, directions, and liaising with housekeeping. The room was clean, well-appointed and just as expected. Everyone was doing their jobs and at high standards, which is what I expect.

The location is very easy on-off from I-77, but the hotel itself is kind of behind a KMart and Microtel. There are good signs, but I could see where it might be a bit tricky to get to, even though it's very visible from the roads. There's a Krogers grocery store across the street, and it's about a 5 minute (or less) drive to downtown Marietta, where there are plenty of good non-chain restaurants.

My only (very minor) gripe is that ventilation in the bathroom was non-existent, which was a bit surprising. It made it necessary to keep the AC on constantly for any form of ventilation, which was not preferable, but certainly not a huge issue.

Room Tip: The side of the building with the entrance (odd-numbered rooms, I think) faces the interstate. I don...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business