“A A Eureka Moment in Dining”
Review of The Buckley House

The Buckley House
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have been traveling to the Marietta area for over 20 years each time bemoaning the lack of any place really good to eat. This trip we had a “Eureka” moment in discovering the Buckley House Restaurant located in an old mansion on the Muskingum River. It’s been open for about 4 years now.The house was built in 1879 and is on the historic register –with creaky floors and all it has an over load of charm. And the food and service is great. The chef/owner is from Kuwait and the menu has a heavy middle-eastern influence. For our dinner we decided to try the specials and started with Oysters Rockefeller that we so good we placed a second order; main course for me was braised lamb shanks and for the spouse halibut cheeks-both came with the best scalloped potatoes we’d ever had and roasted vegetables.-all delicious

Reviewed May 28, 2013

What a great place! Built in an old home, the Buckley House is across the street from a park and in a lovely location. We at out back on the patio, which was actually a beautiful garden. The food and service were both excellent. The fatoosh salad was very good, as were the pitas and olive spread given to the table. The specials were very good - mine was the grouper in a Thai curry sauce over rice, as were the regular menu items. Everyone in our group was very happy with their meals and we have recommended it to many people!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

What a wonderful place to enjoy a special evening. The eat in garden is spectacular. The service outstanding. The wine list better than average. The food is spectacular. We enjoyed the crab cakes. They were created with very little filler and tasted magnificent. I can't say enough nice things about the Buckley House Restaurant. It is located on the Ohio River in a former B&B. The ambience inside and out is very peaceful and romantic. Although you may pay a little more, the Buckley House proves you get what you pay for. A wonderful place to spend an enjoyable evening.

2  Thank wesleydarl
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went here for our anniversary and had a wonderful experience. The food and service were A++. Scottie was our waiter and was there when we needed him but never over bearing. The specials list was great and we were there on a Tuesday. I would highly recommend.

1  Thank KarenO314
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Been to the Buckley House several times and thoroughly enjoy the ambiance. Food is generally top notch. Went there recently though and was a little disappointed. I felt as though our server was rushing us - even though there were a number of empty tables. Going there is a special treat and I would like to feel like we could linger a bit especially if it is not crowded.

Buckley House is definitely one of the most expensive restaurants in Marietta. I have no problem paying for quality - however I have learned that they put a high price tag on their daily specials. Be sure and ask - the halibut special was $38 - which seems high to me given the only accompaniment was small serving of potatoes. Our bill for two including a bottle of one of the least expensive wines on the table was $128 before gratuity.

It is a lovely restaurant - and I will definitely go again but do think the prices can be very high

1  Thank Pam1951