“Very good food with pretty good service!”
Review of The Buckley House

The Buckley House
Ranked #1 of 81 Restaurants in Marietta
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2013

The Buckley House in Marietta is the closest thing to fine dining in the town. The house/restaurant is beautiful. The menu is modest but they make up for it in nightly specials. We opted for the oysters Rockefeller for an app and they were excellent. There were several in our party and we all tried each others entrees. Every meal I tasted was very good. Even if you're stuffed, do yourself a favor an order the baklava. Absolutely the best I've ever had and I've had a lot in my day! My mother-in-law had the creme brûlée and it wasn't horrible but definitely the only let down of the food experience. As a past bar manager for fine dining I can say that the servers could definitely be trained a little better but they were sweet and did a good job. Will definitely return!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a delicious Valentine's Day dinner. Great food and good service. I had the flounder stuffed with crabmeat, which was all crabmeat and no breading. My husband had the scallops. We both had caprese salda.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We ate here two nights during the week, and have already decided that if we go back -- we might eat here every night.
GREAT service, creative and tasty food, and a beautiful ambiance.
My colleague and I both agree that it is not just perhaps the best restaurant in Marietta, but one of the best restaurants in which we have dined...

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Been coming to business to Parkersburg and there seems to be a shortage of great food in the area we were recommended the Buckley House and were pleasantly surprised. Very friendly staff and chef worth the trip.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

This was such a delight, and we were lucky enough to go on a night, where it was just us. I wasn't concerned that we were alone, because the general ambiance of the establishment just felt "right". We were very happy with the food, which was perfectly seasoned and paired with a fine wine from their list. Dinner was given an A, and dessert, which featured Tiramisu, was delightful! The price is a little high, but I'm a firm believer you get what you pay for. We will return to The Buckley House soon, and ask for "Scott". He's the best!