“The best in Marietta”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“The best in Marietta”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Came here for lunch, and I was excited about it because my dining companion had been there before and really liked it, and I had read a lot of good reviews.

First off, the menu is a strange mix of Italian and Asian. It was hard to tell what kind of restaurant it is.

At lunch time, in an empty restaurant, the music was blaring. We asked the waiter to please turn it down or change it, and the best they could do was turn it down a bit. It didn't help the atmosphere at all.

We both had a simple curry -- not bad, the vegetables were nice and fresh, and it was well-executed. However, the flavors were pretty mild and I got what I expected, nothing more, which is too bad.

While the service was good and our waitress was attentive, I was a bit disappointed in the standards -- our table was not exactly clean, nor was my cloth napkin, and I was missing a knife. It showed a lack of care in the front of house.

Probably I'd give this place another try, because there really aren't many other places to eat in Marietta, and hopefully for dinner it would be a bit different and better.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank MariaSilvestri

Circleville, Ohio
“A Special Place”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Our first visit and looking forward to the next. A little eastern and wonderful seafood. Service complimented the food.

• Visited July 2012
Piracicaba, SP
“Don't miss it!”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is one of the best restaurants in Marietta. The food is excellent, the menu has great variety with a touch of eastern food. You won't regret it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Renata C
Columbus, OH
“The food was a 5-rating”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The Buckley House is highly-rated on several online sites. It is a historic house in Marietta which overlooks a park beside the Ohio River. We arrived about 10 minutes early for our reservation and were seated at a window in the front room. And promptly forgotten. After 20 minutes, Bill approached a waiter and asked him to find our waitress. Another 10 minutes later, after all of the other 7:00 PM diners were already served with drinks and appetizers, we stood up to leave. At that point our waitress noticed us. We were pretty unhappy, and ready to walk out. She offered a profuse apology and a couple glasses of wine on the house. Since any place we’d go would most likely have a wait at that time of day on a Saturday, we decided to stay. And I am glad we did. We had the crab cakes, lamb shank, and flourless chocolate cake for dessert. The mixed vegies were perfectly cooked, crisp and tossed with a flavorful oil. The crab cakes had very little filler and were quite wonderful. The lamb shank had been cooked all day and had a red wine demi glaze. It was moist and tender. And the flourless chocolate was perfect…one of the best I have ever had. So, despite the rocky start, I would consider going back because the food was a wonderful surprise in small town Ohio.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Anne_from_Ohio
OH
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Always delicious!”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I've never had a bad meal here. A very special place. Nice to sit outside when the weather is right.

• Visited April 2012