“rude!!! and very dirty”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 19, 2013

i work in marietta and my boss had ordered the lucnh special there. well when i called it in the man was very mean toward me and acted like it was a hard task to get my order. i asked him how long and he sighed* and said a few minutes well when i got there it was the same rude man and i said i had an order and he said wow that was ready a long time ago and walked away he didnt even go get my food someone else had to assist me. When i got back to work my boss had informed me that there was no silverware in the bag!!!! i would never go back to this place and the food was bad!!!!

1  Thank halie s

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have recently made several trips to the harmar tavern. I love the atmosphere! The staff is very friendly and the food is good. This is my new favorite place just to go for a drink and relax in a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Harmar Tavern is Marietta’s “Cheers.” The home of the “sure to be famous Fried Bologna Sandwich is an iconic gathering place…. A place where the octogenarians have been having lunch on Wednesdays since they were in their 40s and active business people… A place where 21 year olds share their rite of passage with friends and family… A place where folks bring their out of town friends for supper. It is truly a place where they not only know your name, but also know your “regular” order … and serve it asking about the family.

Known mostly for sandwiches and homemade pub grub, folks also come on Friday and Saturday nights for the familiar specials…Or Sunday mornings for brunch… But available anytime is the all time favorite —the fried bologna sandwich piled high with thick cut German Bologna, all the fixings, and served warm on a husky bun. My daughter, who lives in Cleveland, says it is better than any bologna sandwich in her area… now that’s some testimony. This sandwich can become a habit.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I went to Marietta College and frequented this tavern many times in the 90s. It hasn't changed much, and that's a good thing! Lots of locals. Yummy, cheap bar food, and nice bartenders. Did I mention cheap booze? Was there on a Friday late afternoon / early evening and it was packed. I only wish my city had a bar like this! Plus the Village of Harmar is a quaint place to explore. Love this place.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good local bar, food is just adv. bar food, since I've been here trying to try out every bar in town, this one reminds me of a Philadelphia corner bar.

Been to Harmar Tavern? Share your experiences!