“Good for the Night.”
Review of Super 8 Marietta

Super 8 Marietta
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Marietta
Reviewed August 18, 2012

After traveling all day and unable to find a room. Finally called and found several open rooms. Arrived to find a very nice lady at the desk and most of the available rooms had been taken. Luckily I did reserve one on the phone. Nice room and rested for the night. 1st night of long trip and just what I needed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I'm not sure about other Super 8's but this one was in poor condition and under poor management. We checked in around midnight and were told there was an additional pet fee. Mind you, this was not mentioned online when we booked nor was it on our confirmation e-mail. When I questioned that, I was told to speak with the manager in the morning. He explained that I should have known about the fee because it was posted and pointed to the sign on his desk. I asked him how I could have known that booked online and if it was posted online to please show me. He wasn't able to do so. I found his business practices unethical. Also, when I mentioned that the room was dirty (it smelled like smoke, there was thick dust on things like the bathroom vent fan, the fridge didn't work and had a moldy smell, and the bathroom had mold) he said he knew and didn't have an answer for me when I questioned his choice to maintain an unhealthy environment. While I had this conversation and picked through the free breakfast of white bread, English muffins, and cereal, I heard three other unhappy guest check out, complaining about clogged drains, broken AC units, and incorrect billing. I would not stay here again and wouldn't not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We checked in late, between 11:00 and 11:30 PM and due to a storm there was no power at the hotel or in the entire city. We were given a room however, no flashlight. The room had a stale smell even though it was a non smoking room.(no air conditioning). We could not shower and could barely brush our teeth. We have stayed here before and have always had a good experience but the new management did not seem to care that we were from out of town and had no gas.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2012

The bed was new and comfortable for 2 good nights' sleep. There is a new tv with lots of channel selections. There was a safe, microwave and refrigerator in the non-smoking room.
Wi-fi in room connected fast.
I appreciated the "yard" signs that directed us through the Kroger parking lot to the parking lot for this Super 8.
Any concern I had was quickly corrected by the staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Lobby was very small. The breakfast was limited and cheesy. The room was okay, clean, at least. Manager not very talkative or friendly. Probably won't go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2012

We walked into our room and right away I had my husband kill a few bugs that were crawling on the walls. He tried to tell me that they weren't cockroaches, but I still don't believe him :) Then I took a seat on the rock hard bed. After a long, sleepless night I was looking forward to the breakfast provided. Well, they had bread for toast, packaged muffins, and cereal. The garbage can was literally overflowing. The tables were dirty. We had to ask for some more milk for the cereal, which we could tell was a huge bother to the guy behind the counter. We really couldn't wait to get out of there. Seriously, spend the extra $10 to stay at one of the many other places in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank natys_mommy
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I am tired of paying for what is known as a continental breakfast. It's my opinon to reduce the room rates and skip the stale cereal and prepacked sweets. For 60.00 for a room that was old and depressing isn't my idea of good value. Sorry

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo