“Nice Restaurant on The Square”
Review of The Quarter Bistro

The Quarter Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
The Quarter Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Mariemont
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 50
Description: Welcome to The Quarter Bistro, located in the heart of historic Mariemont Square, only minutes from Montgomery, Maderia, Indian Hill and Downtown. The award-winning combination of seasonal cuisine and sophisticated ambiance are just the beginning of an unforgettable experience. As Cincinnati's premier "contemporary" bistro, the menu presents all things classic and creative in balance. Fresh fish and game daily? Of course. Outstanding wines at a great value? No Question. Whether it's a beautiful summer evening on the patio, a romantic wine and dine for two, or a down-to-business dinner for ten, The Quarter Bistro has it covered.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I drive passed The Quarter Bistro every morning on my way to work and have always thought "we should try that restaurant" and we finally did. It was a beautiful Saturday night and we met some friends that had recently relocated to Indian Hill and really did not know the area. We had reservations for 7:15 and were able to get an outside table which was nice. Our server brought bread and took our drink order shortly after we were seated and gave us a little time to chat over a drink. We shared an order of the Mussels and Margarita Flatbread for an appetizer. The flatbread was ok but I highly recommend the Mussels which were great! My wife had Salmon and I had the Jamaican Pork Medallion for dinner. My wife loved the Salmon, but thought the Gnocchi was over billed in the description since they only give you maybe 3 or 4 pieces. Likewise the pork was very tasty, but was not really a medallion, but rather some thin slices stacked on top of one another......the sauce was incredible. Good service and tasteful food in a great atmosphere = we'll be back.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Beautiful little place in Mariemont, right on the village square. Food is upscale and delicious without being pretentious. The Waiters are Foodies who can really guide you through the selections (our Server Jon was extremely attentive, passionate and knowledgeable ). Great salads, soups (I enjoyed amazing watermelon Gazpacho), flatbreads, steaks, beautifully sided fish, tacos (try the short rib tacos!) and splendid desserts. You'll be glad you went!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My friends and I celebrated a birthday here and were pleased with our choice. It's a beautiful bright room decorated in red, black and gold, somewhat reminiscent of the interior of Maxim's in Paris. A friend and I started by sharing a cheese plate which featured four artisan cheeses with crackers and crostini. There was certainly enough to satisfy two people, and cheeses were all delicious. My entree of steak frite was perfectly medium rare. I ordered the brandied mushroom sauce which was a nice complement and very tasty. The steak was flavorful but could have been more tender. My dessert was a generous slice of almond cake which was light and very pleasing. The wine list offers a lot of excellent choices although it's a tad overpriced compared to other fine dining restaurants in the area.

Service was pleasant but there were a couple of issues. Two of us ordered the same by-the-glass wines and the pours were clearly uneven. Also, we saw a lot of our server at first but had difficulty getting her attention as the restaurant filled up. Perhaps they were short-staffed that evening. She seemed to be attending to tables all over the room which doesn't seem very efficient.

I would definitely recommend The Quarter Bistro and plan to have dinner there again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Try the mussels yum-o
Never had a bad meal everything is good
Love the ice pick cocktail!
Atmosphere is great for a date night or a girls night out
Love the outside eating area

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We chose this restaurant for a special night out with our teenage kids. Perfect choice! The service was attentive and friendly. The kids loved the decor. And the food. . . the food! Really a GREAT meal. My daughter had the steak frite, which was perfectly cooked -- tender, juicy, full of flavor. The mushroom sauce was swoon-worthy. Those truffle fries were unbelievable. I had the special barramundi with risotto. The fish was perhaps the best fish I've ever had, and the risotto was an excellent choice with it. We finished with the key lime pie, which had a hint of ginger snap in the crust. Delicious.
We really appreciated the serving size and the price point. The menu has several upscale, pricier items, but also has some fun, more casual items, probably perfect for a pre-movie meal. Also, the servings are not so enormous that you feel sick when you leave.
Outstanding evening. Thank you!