The Lighthouse Resort
$129
Groupon.com
Surf Motel(Marblehead)
$95
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Port Clinton(Port Clinton)(Great Value!)
$103
$60
$50
RodewayInn
Sleep Inn & Suites(Port Clinton)
$80
$84
Country Inn
Cedar Point's Express Hotel(Sandusky)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed two days here to explore the peninsula and go to Kelley's Island on our way back home from New York. With a few exceptions there was a genuine lack of common courtesy in the whole town, including this old hotel. The lack of newness and comfort at the hotel could have been balanced by friendly service, but it was not.

During the stay we never did hear "Can I help you?" from the hotel staff or the local restaurants and watering holes. Their general attitude is cold and emotionless.

I went down for the 8:00 Saturday buffet breakfast and when I saw that they were not anywhere near ready at 8:15, I left. A simple statement of apology or recognition of my presence would have been fine, but it felt like I was intruding and not at all welcome. The desk staff seemed to be working through some paperwork and had no time for a greeting or reason for breakfast not being ready. They looked up at me for a second or two, said nothing and then went back to work.

Don't expect much in the way of rooms, comfort, or features. I have been to a few fishing resorts and this seemed to be on par with those.

The wealthy locals who come up to their retreats from Cleveland frequented the bar nightly and seemed to be OK with the service there.

As the title states, maybe the cold, rude culture of the area has a general effect on everybody, but for sure we were not made welcome at this hotel or in Marblehead, Ohio. We intend to avoid this area in the future and recommend seeking happiness elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
12  Thank EventGuyChicago
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The place is very nice for the area. It is not a 5 star hotel nor is it a "resort" with all the amenities. It is a very nice place to stay in this area. Most places around here are filthy dumps and this is one of the best places in town to stay. The people are very kind and make a very relaxing and pleasurable environment. This is the second year in a row we have stayed here. The rooms are nice, clean and even have Jacuzzi tubs that we really enjoy. I havent used the pool, but I hear that they do have a bug problem. But being from around this area that is expected. I like it here, would recommend it, but I would warn people not to expect a 5 star place. You are paying for the location not the amenities. Good travels!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jacob L
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wanted to visit Marblehead and take a trip to Kelleys Island with my family this past weekend. I choose this hotel despite negative reviews. It was a mistake! The front desk employees are not very friendly. My husband asked about the Kelleys Island Ferry and the clerk said he didn't know anything and said there was a brochure - really - its down the street - I'm sure plenty of people stay there and take a trip to Kelleys. The pool was white and slimy. I wanted to take a swim with my son and thought better of it when I saw the pool. I talked to the front desk and they said they were working on it but it was not fixed by the time we left. The beds in the rooms are horrible as stated in an earlier review. For this establishment to call itself a resort is laughable! Don't waste your money. We actually left after our trip to Kelleys because we thought we would be much more comfortable sleeping in our own beds in Cleveland.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Clevetravelor
Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was the first time staying at the hotel, I found the room and the hotel to be very clean.
The Staff was very nice and helpful.
I go over to PIB 3-4 times a year, I have now found a hotel I will be staying at each trip!

Room Tip: I suggest the 3rd floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor, the first night no one stayed above us and it was quite, the second night their were people above, you could hear them walking around.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Special room rates and day after wedding breakfast were arranged with this hotel one year ago. Now 2 weeks before the wedding, we cannot have the breakfast there nor the rooms that have already been booked. Hotel owner says rooms are now booked to a convention. Even room reservations that were given a confirmation number no longer have rooms. One family member told me they made a reservation for a room with kitchenettes, and was called last week by manager and was told their room was down graded to a regular room. And also would be charged an extra $10.00. Several other family members said they couldn't even talk to someone who could intelligently make a reservation and answer questions about the rooms. This is so unbelievable. We are livid that we now have to contact everyone who made or wanted to make a reservation, and inform them of the new hotel they could make a reservation at. This is not a small error such as a mix up of rooms, this is a major cancellation of rooms already reserved without even notifying the customers. Unbelievable. This will be reported to the proper authorities.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family