“Mediocre at best”

The Lighthouse Resort
The Lighthouse Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Marblehead B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Wanted to visit Marblehead and take a trip to Kelleys Island with my family this past weekend. I choose this hotel despite negative reviews. It was a mistake! The front desk employees are not very friendly. My husband asked about the Kelleys Island Ferry and the clerk said he didn't know anything and said there was a brochure - really - its down the street - I'm sure plenty of people stay there and take a trip to Kelleys. The pool was white and slimy. I wanted to take a swim with my son and thought better of it when I saw the pool. I talked to the front desk and they said they were working on it but it was not fixed by the time we left. The beds in the rooms are horrible as stated in an earlier review. For this establishment to call itself a resort is laughable! Don't waste your money. We actually left after our trip to Kelleys because we thought we would be much more comfortable sleeping in our own beds in Cleveland.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Clevetravelor
There are newer reviews for The Lighthouse Resort

Reviewed June 8, 2012

This was the first time staying at the hotel, I found the room and the hotel to be very clean.
The Staff was very nice and helpful.
I go over to PIB 3-4 times a year, I have now found a hotel I will be staying at each trip!

Room Tip: I suggest the 3rd floor. We stayed on the 2nd floor, the first night no one stayed above us and it w...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 26, 2012

Special room rates and day after wedding breakfast were arranged with this hotel one year ago. Now 2 weeks before the wedding, we cannot have the breakfast there nor the rooms that have already been booked. Hotel owner says rooms are now booked to a convention. Even room reservations that were given a confirmation number no longer have rooms. One family member told me they made a reservation for a room with kitchenettes, and was called last week by manager and was told their room was down graded to a regular room. And also would be charged an extra $10.00. Several other family members said they couldn't even talk to someone who could intelligently make a reservation and answer questions about the rooms. This is so unbelievable. We are livid that we now have to contact everyone who made or wanted to make a reservation, and inform them of the new hotel they could make a reservation at. This is not a small error such as a mix up of rooms, this is a major cancellation of rooms already reserved without even notifying the customers. Unbelievable. This will be reported to the proper authorities.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
26  Thank lmpg11
Reviewed February 11, 2012

A wonderful view of Lake Erie, can walk across the road to the lake. Rooms a very clean. Nice pool. The bar makes you feel like you are at Cheers, Where everyone knows your name! They have a separate facility where you can have a company meetings, small weddings, or anytime of party.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2012

If your looking for a place to stay in Marblehead, and believe me, there are few choices, The Lighthouse Resort in Marblehead, for us, was the perfect choice. It is situated right on the shore of Lake Erie and is just a short drive from the Millers Ferry to Put-In-Bay and even closer to the Kelly's Island Ferry. We have stayed there twice and the first time was on the 4th of July and they were serving BBQ ribs the whole weekend. Loved it! We enjoyed our dinners at an outside table while taking in the wonderful view of Lake Erie then later sat on the edge of the lake and watched the firework display from Cedar Point.
The hotel itself, had everything that we expected from a hotel. A restaurant, a pool, gift shop and a bar.
Our room had the basic amenities that we expected, two beds, a mini fridge/microwave, A/C, cable TV, shampoo, soap, conditioner, etc..
Everything was in perfect working order in the room and we had no problems at all with anything.
All in all, it is a very nice and peaceful place to stay. Very nice staff and not to far away from the the local attractions. If we decide to make the trip this year to Lake Erie, we will definately stay at The Lighthouse Resort again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank yager2010
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Very clean, excellent staff. The staff went out of their way to make it a great trip for my wife and I on our anniversary. Very close to Put-in-bay and about 15 minutes from Cedar Point.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I travel to Lake Erie yearly, and I've stayed here each time. The staff, from top to bottom, are very friendly, the rooms are always neat and clean, and the food is excellent! Theres nothing like waking up in the morning, grabbing a cup of coffee, and watching a beautiful sunrise from the open area that they maintain, right across the street. I believe that anyone would be hard pressed to find a nicer place, with the same type of ammeneties, (pool, bar & grill, and a restaurant with seating inside and out), at a better price, or location!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcus S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
South Beach Resort Hotel
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
The Island House Hotel
The Island House Hotel
#3 of 17 in Port Clinton

Been to The Lighthouse Resort? Share your experiences!