“Phenomenal trip. Will definitely visit again!”

South Beach Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Marblehead
Reviewed August 30, 2011

This was the first trip my son & I had made in 10 years. We were celebrating his graduation. South Beach Resort was the perfect setting for us. It was out of the hussle & bussle but close enough to drive to everything that we wanted to see. The staff was very friendly and helpful with anything we needed. We didn't have to ask for special accommodations for anything-they offered them. Being diabetic, we had a cooler for food needed in case of low blood sugars. We went to get ice for the cooler & when they found out what it was for, immediately offered a complimentary refrigerator for our room.
They also were very accommodating on my limited mobility.
The view from our room was absolutely beautiful.
I would recommend South Beach Resort, Marblehead to anyone that is going to be travelling in the vicinity. Very top notch & not extremely expensive.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Marcia W
There are newer reviews for South Beach Resort Hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Yes it is overpriced for what you get. The walls are thin, as are the mattresses and towels - but it is a really lovely location and served us well as a base for our daily travels. We had a really nice time visiting Cedar Point one day and then doing the island hopping with the Jet Express Ferry. Didn't really use the on site facilities too much because we were so busy - we were barely around.

The negative I would say is most restaraunts seem to be at least 10 or 15 min away by car. Try the Mon Ami winery and the Japanese restaurant - Nagoya I think its called - both very good. When I booked I asked them to throw in the fridge for free which they did (otherwise its $10/day). I also used my LakeErie shores and Islands savings card (you can print it off the internet. This will save you 50% off the rack rate. The breakfast is really boring and not too many choices. I thought the room was reasonably clean. All in all we had a good time but not sure I would return.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank nacho12
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Booked through Hotel.com. Hotel.com promised several upgrades and the resort refused to honor any of those. The resort without my knowledge took an additional $500 + out of my account. There were no fitted sheets on the mattresses; the jetted tub was black with mold. The room was dirty and very small. When we left we were once again asked to pay more money for something hotel.com promised was free. We were told that we must be shady people and up to something. First vacation in 15 years and last one ever to that place. Buyer beware, it is a rip off!!!!

4  Thank breye4110
Reviewed August 21, 2011

The hotel rooms are on the expensive side, but it honestly is worth it when you factor in all they have to offer and the fact of being near the water!! I did read a review that said you cant see the water, however that is not correct at all! I had a room on the second floor and the lakeview was still great(and must get better the higher the floor you are on). The front desk girls are absolutely wonderful. They were always willing to go above and beyond with suggestions of restauants and activities. There are about 20 different restaurants within ten minutes of a drive and the resort even has menus in the lobby to help decide where you would like to go! During my stay I did have a noise complaint which was dealt with immediately when I informed the night manager..I will definitely be coming back!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank jayvee2011
Reviewed August 19, 2011

when checking in to this hotel we were greated at the desk by 1 young girl who was trying to answer the phone and answer a guests question.as i waited patiently a young man who worked there asked us if he could help.we checked in with no problems.went to are rooms unpacked went to the pool.wow the pool was so dirty from trees,and to much chorline[and cigerette butts].after swimming i went back to the room,i left my wife at the pool.as i walked bye the front desk the young man was kissing the girl who was so busy when i checked in.my wife came back to our room she said she also saw them kissing and hugging.our room was nice but you could hear people talking all through the night,i think there were kids above us who were running around till 11.the pillows were terrible and sheets well lets just say smelled like bleach.when we checked out i noticed everyone that worked didn't wear a name tag.i usally stay at hotel at on 250,but we were going to the islands the next day.never again,way over priced for a cedar point hotel,or they try to say resort.

Room Tip: second floor,or stay in the cottages
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank jim p
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Nice location. You could go to Cedar Point one day, and Kelley Island or Put in Bay. Lots of families too.
Pool area for kids and another for adults. Right on the water, and a sun set to boot!!

1  Thank dszostek
Reviewed August 4, 2011

I love South Beach Resort. Everytime we go there for a weekend getaway we have a great time. South Beach is very busy in the summer though. I prefer visiting in the Fall. We had a lovely time visiting several of the area wineries, the lighthouse and the island. We needed a relaxing weekend after a summer full of family weddings, graduations and other obligations. My husband ordered rose petals for the bed and a bottle of Champagn for our arrival. He also made reservations at Mon Ami, a must for a romantic weenkend. Then we packed a picknic and bottle of Merlot for our day trip to Kelley's Island. I can't wait to go back when the leaves change colors and the lake is still.

Room Tip: ask for the Romance Package
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marblehead
Beachfront Resort
#1 of 7 in Put in Bay
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Clinton
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center
Cedar Point's Hotel Breakers

Been to South Beach Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!