“Good good and nice atmosphere”
Review of Marblehead Galley

Marblehead Galley
Ranked #5 of 20 Restaurants in Marblehead
Cuisines: Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a full service family restaurant. Open 7 days a week. 7AM-8PM, with extended hours on weekends. Homemade soups breads and desserts. Breakfast try creating your own omelet along with waffles, Biscuits & Gravy. Various selection sandwiches, wraps, salads. Dinners feature hand breaded Perch/Walleye steaks shrimp and seafood. Our Bar, "Freighter's Lounge" features a nice selection of imported beer/wine. Live entertainment weekends on outdoor deck. Taking reservation for parties of 6 or more.
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stopped in late on a Thursday evening in Mid October, and the place was almost empty. It was off season, and not much action going on. We had Lake Perch, Whitefish and chicken dinners, and all were good. My wife and I love Yellow Lake Perch, and both had that, and although it was good, the portions were small for the price (around $16 for the dinner). On a 1-10 rating of all the places we've had Lake Perch (10 being highest), I would give these a 7. My friends whitefish was too much for her to eat, so I had a piece, and it was great. I would recommend this as a place for dinner.

1  Thank DigitalDon

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend ignoring the "terrible" reviews for this place. The galley is great. Great food, great atmosphere, and great staff. I would like to remind anyone reading this review that you are at the lake. Things just move slower at the lake. Service is not bad it's just slower. So all of you coming to the lake for a good time. This is a reminder that relaxing is part of having a good time. There is no fire, no deadlines, no rush. Enjoy the atmosphere and the food. I would put this on your list to stop for food and then catch the Kelly's island fairy just a walk away from the galley.

3  Thank Bendeda34
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Went there for breakfast, then dessert and then breakfast again and then lunch and well you get the idea. Certainly worth more than one stop. Homemade bread, homemade desserts, friendly people and daily specials with handbread perch on Friday nights.

1  Thank Jud7878
Reviewed July 29, 2013

TERRIBLE SERVICE, RUDE MANAGER, HEALTH CODE VIOLATION
My wife and I wanted to take our wedding guests to the Galley for brunch the day after our wedding. We called ahead to make sure they could accommodate our group of 20-25 people and we were assured that it wouldn't be a problem. Upon arriving, our tables were set up and ready to go. My wife and I sat down and waited for our guests to arrive. There were about three other tables in the restaurant. We were given ONE server for our entire group. They were not short-staffed, as I observed multiple servers standing around in the back. Our waitress was extremely rude, often putting her hand up and telling us that, "You'll just have to wait a minute" when we asked for drink refills. After waiting for 2 hours for our food to come out, the shrimp special of the day looked like a child's meal- four small shrimp and a few french fries. When I asked to speak to the manager, I was asked, "Why, what's your problem?" in a mean and nasty tone from one of the workers. I simply asked to speak to her about the poor service and terrible quality of our food. The manager refused to come out of the kitchen and speak to me. When I finally did get to speak to the manager, I had to follow a server into the kitchen (HEALTH CODE VIOLATION), because the manager still refused to come out and talk to me. She also greeted me with the question, "Whats your problem?" I explained to her how we had been waiting two hours for our food, we only had one rude server despite the fact that there were other servers doing nothing, and how we were not given the meals that they advertised. Her only response was, "That's how I run my business, if you don't like it, leave." The waitress also told one of our guests that they were able to treat people like this because they "are the only restaurant in the area." The restaurant then proceeded to charge our guests ridiculous amounts for "market price" for some of the fish sandwiches. My father in law was charged $72 for french fries. I angrily left the premises. I will NEVER EAT AT THE MARBLEHEAD GALLEY again. The service and food is terrible and they simply treat their customers in an awful manner.

4  Thank KimKyle S
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Perch was delicious. Burgers not cooked to order. Small side portions. Disappointed in prices. Waitress was slow and rude.

1  Thank Oleckmeat