“Campground bathrooms and pool area FILTHY..we will NOT be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mantua
Roundup Lake RV Resort
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Although we did like the themes and things to do for the kids, the campground in itself was filthy and disgusting! The bathrooms were FILTHY and two toilets out of three in our area were not working properly. Everytime I went in there, there was toilet paper all over the floor, two toilets full of human excriment, paper towels were always out, the sinks were always dirty and disgusting. In the men's bathroom we witnessed two non working toilets and human feces on the counter, and urine all over the toilets and floor! My opinion is they need to have a cleaning crew that comes around every couple of hours around the clock. For as much money as we paid to camp there, they should! That's another thing...the cost..$100 for two nights!! Also, the pool are was totally disgusting and dirty. Swimming in the pool I felt like I was swimming in a cess pool of human hair! It was so so gross! Apparently, they don't have an adequate filtering system! I was extremely dissatisfied with the cleanliness of this park and I will not be back. I will not pay $100 and have to go thru that...no way!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank momofsix2005

Reviewed July 30, 2010

This place has really gone downhill the past 2 years. We have been going here for 5 straight years and this will be our last. We rented one of the Ozark cabins and it was clean and everything was in working order. That is about the only positive. The road near our cabin was full of large chuck holes which could swallow a bike. Went to miniature golf only to find they only had 3 golf balls???? Took the boys to the arcade and found the change machine wasn't working. The kid behind the snack bar counter said he wasn't allowed to give change so the boys went down to the main office. They said they were out of quarters. Then, the jukebox ate one of our dollars and they refused to give a refund because they didn't own it. Went to the pool one day and the lifeguard was more interested in texting then doing his job. This place has zero supervision of its young work force and quite frankly I'd be surprised if they're still in business a couple of years from now.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank shelshokd
Reviewed July 21, 2010

I would not go back to this camp site: They had you smashed in like sardines...Pool was disgusting: murkey ,cloudy, greenish water....the beach was so so...greenish in color also....looked gross....they had a huge mud pit with stagnit water on the beach , so that was not very pleasent to look at ... They had no HOT water in any of the bathrooms/showers... bad enough you had to swim in crap water..they gave you no HOT water to wash up in!!!!!! NO toilet paper or paper towels after 10:00 pm in the bathrooms and at $ 50.00 a night for electric/water hook up sites they should do a check. I would NOT go back!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank camper067
Reviewed January 23, 2010

Me and my family come every summer for the past ten years or so. its a great place to have fun and spend time with the family. Price is Great Cleanliness is good, and there is always activities going on

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2009

We stayed at Jellystone in Mantua this past weekend for 2 nights. Everything there is pricey, but I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for in life. This place is great for people with kids - so much to do...many activities! We loved how the costume characters would come to the playground in the mornings. We enjoyed the wagon rides too. Although I think the park should consider offering another time option for the wagon rides.
One thing that I noticed was the place seems to be run by teenagers which is a little weird. They seem to do a decent job, but I did notice a lot of "good times" going on..not so professional at times.
Our site was in the "N" area and close to what we discovered to be the "maintenance building"...ugh...many types of vehicles in and out at all hours. Some of the workers were cautious of our 2 year old playing, but some were not and drove around rather recklessly. I wouldn't take that site again even someone paid me to. Not good.
My BIGGEST complaint with the park is the admission fee for guests to come in. The cost is absolutely, positively OUTRAGEOUS and needs to be restructered. We had friends come for dinner after 6pm in EARLY May and it was $24 for the two of them to come in. THAT IS INSANE! The water activities aren't even available this time of year! Someone needs to sit down and think that out.
I was disappointed too the first evening when we went to meet the bears at the cartoon theater...they weren't coming out because of the "slight drizzle". It "drizzled" about 2 hours prior. My best guess is that someone didn't feel like putting on the costume..most likely the teenager employees...lots of fun and games going on...w/ no supervsion in sight!
All in all it's a great park..very clean...nice scenery and trees, etc.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2008

We take our kids camping all summer long. We always end up staying at Jellystone at least 2 times a year!

They have great sites, facilities, and an overall great park. We recommend this campground to beginner as weell as seasoned veteran campers!

If we had six of them, we'd give Jellystone 6 Thumbs Up!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We were impressed that they picked trash up at the sites at least twice a day. It is basically run by teenagers as we didn't see any adults. The teens run check-in, the pool, the activities, but they did a good job. I'm sure there are adults somewhere...kind of disappointed in the clientele. Lots of people on one site and they were pretty loud (screaming, laughing, yelling) into 12:30-1 am. There is supposed to be quiet hours from 10-7. Never saw anyone checking on that issue...no security. The food at Cindy's snack shop was dismal. The pool was cloudy. The wagon ride was fun for the kids. The playgrounds were spaced out nicely throughout the park. The putt putt golf was boring...every hole was the same thing. The staff was nice. The park had a lot of trees. Our site had a concrete slab, two picnic tables and a fire ring which was good. I don't think the comfort stations were very clean and we never saw anyone cleaning them...lots of water on the floors from the showers.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Been to Roundup Lake RV Resort? Share your experiences!