“Under New Management”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mantua
Roundup Lake RV Resort
Akron
“Under New Management”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

This should be all that needs to be said. Morgan is out and the new management is doing a wonderful job at getting everything back to the way it should. They are cleaning everything up, the heater now works in the pool, and it is just a better atmosphere around here. Please comeback and give this place another try. You will see the difference.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank DBDavis

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The park is under new management (morgan management is out a they defaulted on their loans) and the new team is restoring this park to its better days. We had a great time camping this past weekend and the promise of great weather, excellent fishing, and themed weekends has us eager for the rest of the summer to start. The park looks great and offers new and seasoned campers a chance to really get one with nature and enjoy the outdoors...good place for families as the management focuses on safety, security and most of all fun....come back and revisit you won't regret.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank David_Ric
Ravenna, Ohio
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Since my family and I are local I have had many great years at this FORMER Jellystone park. Jellystone was very family oriented, well staffed, well maintained and awesome family activities and fun! Well since this particular Jellystone has changed over to "Roundup Lake" it is TOTAL AND UTTER CRAP. Not enough staff and what staff are there are not very helpful. When we went no boats, no open pool, no lake swimming, no putt putt, no movies, no activities and basically no fun for your money. If you want to park your camper and just sit outside maybe its fine for you. I suggest you read the other reviews and pay attention to the dates they were posted. Before June of 2012 the reviews were absolutely glowing, after that date they are all horrible. Please, please do not waste your time at this once beloved camp ground. The new company is obviously not willing to pay for even basic amenities and facilities. The pool is heated yet they wont open it in the middle of August!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Rachel R

Travelers are raving about these Mantua hotels

Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My family (about 30 of us) has been camping here for 3 years now, and will be making reservations for next year as soon as possible. We have stayed in a mix of cabins and tents which have all been nice. The bathrooms are decent (better than a couple other campgrounds I was at this summer). There were activities for the kids from time to time. I LOVE the lake!! The beach is nice, with sand and refreshing water, but if that's not your style, the pool is available. My husband brought a small boat and enjoyed fishing too! I really don't see what people don't like about this place. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Rachelle M
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was very unsatisfied with my stay there the girl in the office was extremely rude I had a problem that night and saw her walking around in the park and I asked her to help and she wouldn't help me because she was with her friends in the rudest tone there was a dance this weekend that never happened my kids were very upset and the girl running them busy barn was smoking and had her boyfriend with her she didnt help me kids while they were there and I didn't feel leaving kids there safe I would never let any of my friends camp there it was a horrible time

• Stayed August 2012
5 Thank lovetocamp01
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had my nine kids. They all did good on there report cards for the year so I found a wonderful place to bring them back to. My nephews and neices. Love round up lake. Now when they go back to school they will have a story to tell. Faith who made the reservations was so nice. In we met a new friend Mrs. Lea from Nashville. Thank you all.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank starshabak
Streetsboro, Ohio
Reviewed August 4, 2012

First could not find prices online so I CALLED WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 15 MINS.OK I thought maybe they were busy.. was told there was cabins available and pricey so we decided to take a cabin off the lake. When we had gotten there the customer service was out of this world. The girl was to busy striking up a convo with another employee about her personal life. Finally we had gotten our pass. Needed ice which was way to expensive and milk they were out of. they were out of everything .. YOu live to learn i guess.
Now in the park to get more firewood but the man told us we werent allowed to have our own !!! which we brought from home. They made us pay for the wood we brought home. WHAT??
our camp trip havent even started.
To our cabin, it was nice but very outdated but it was pretty cool. kinnda 1980's but cool.
The lake that i seen as a child was beautiful in the years of wear and tear it was disgusting duck droppings everywhere. They had this water slide thing in the lake. my daughter got her foot caught on the rope and dragged her down, i thought she was drowning the lifeguard was to busy texting to see her . THIS WATER device is a accident waiting to happen. enough with the bad lake and to the bathrooms now this was a site to see. FILTHY, disgusting poop droppings in the sink toliet paper and pee everywhere i told my daughter to pee in the shower bc the toliets were nasty and i didnt want her to catch a disease. THE lake looked cleaner than the bathrooms. Back to the cabin. to take a shower. no warm water and very moldy.
That night there was rowdy cabin campers next to us. no biggie we went to other campgrounds where people have a good time but leaving beer cans everywhere was sad it was not a good nature experience.
The following day we wanted to check out the pool. GEESH the lake looked cleaner a very fowl smell came from it either to much pee or something. The game room was outdated out of order the customer service was again a girl who was obviously flirting with another employee they were not doing there job. AT any of these objects of places. ALL employees were either talking to the other employees or texting at the lake and pool. VERY UNSAFE!!!
BACK TO THE CABIN TO GET REST. it was to find peace we wanted nature like experience but found to be just like home. WITH A PRICEY cabin. overall i would never enjoy nature here this place went downhill since jelleystone!!! i would come here to tent camp maybe be obnoxiously drunk to enjoy but as far as a nature experience forget about it !!!

Room Tip: NOTHING don't even bother. unless you camp in a tent in the blazing sun because to find a shady...