“I had a blast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mantua
Roundup Lake RV Resort
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I had my nine kids. They all did good on there report cards for the year so I found a wonderful place to bring them back to. My nephews and neices. Love round up lake. Now when they go back to school they will have a story to tell. Faith who made the reservations was so nice. In we met a new friend Mrs. Lea from Nashville. Thank you all.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank starshabak
There are newer reviews for Roundup Lake RV Resort

Reviewed August 4, 2012

First could not find prices online so I CALLED WAS PUT ON HOLD FOR 15 MINS.OK I thought maybe they were busy.. was told there was cabins available and pricey so we decided to take a cabin off the lake. When we had gotten there the customer service was out of this world. The girl was to busy striking up a convo with another employee about her personal life. Finally we had gotten our pass. Needed ice which was way to expensive and milk they were out of. they were out of everything .. YOu live to learn i guess.
Now in the park to get more firewood but the man told us we werent allowed to have our own !!! which we brought from home. They made us pay for the wood we brought home. WHAT??
our camp trip havent even started.
To our cabin, it was nice but very outdated but it was pretty cool. kinnda 1980's but cool.
The lake that i seen as a child was beautiful in the years of wear and tear it was disgusting duck droppings everywhere. They had this water slide thing in the lake. my daughter got her foot caught on the rope and dragged her down, i thought she was drowning the lifeguard was to busy texting to see her . THIS WATER device is a accident waiting to happen. enough with the bad lake and to the bathrooms now this was a site to see. FILTHY, disgusting poop droppings in the sink toliet paper and pee everywhere i told my daughter to pee in the shower bc the toliets were nasty and i didnt want her to catch a disease. THE lake looked cleaner than the bathrooms. Back to the cabin. to take a shower. no warm water and very moldy.
That night there was rowdy cabin campers next to us. no biggie we went to other campgrounds where people have a good time but leaving beer cans everywhere was sad it was not a good nature experience.
The following day we wanted to check out the pool. GEESH the lake looked cleaner a very fowl smell came from it either to much pee or something. The game room was outdated out of order the customer service was again a girl who was obviously flirting with another employee they were not doing there job. AT any of these objects of places. ALL employees were either talking to the other employees or texting at the lake and pool. VERY UNSAFE!!!
BACK TO THE CABIN TO GET REST. it was to find peace we wanted nature like experience but found to be just like home. WITH A PRICEY cabin. overall i would never enjoy nature here this place went downhill since jelleystone!!! i would come here to tent camp maybe be obnoxiously drunk to enjoy but as far as a nature experience forget about it !!!

Room Tip: NOTHING don't even bother. unless you camp in a tent in the blazing sun because to find a shady...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank kerry f
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My family and I stayed at RoundUp lake memorial day weekend. I loved this place when it was YogiBear park but it has gone down hill completely! The bathrooms were nasty, sites were horrible, the so called store they have had NOTHING in it! Thank God there is a store called Jimmy D's right up the road! Would have been a horrible Saturday night because roundup did not have ice that roundup charges 7.00 for a bag of ice and the jimmys sells it for 3.50! This campground will never see a dime from my family again!!

• Stayed: May 2012
12  Thank Franny672012
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We just got back from a long weekend at Roundup lake. I was really nervous about going because I booked before I got to read the bad reviews on here. We have a new 31 ft coachman and got to stay directly across from the playground and lake. We caught several nice fish, the kids got to swim all day in the pool and lake and all staff members were very nice. They have a lot of open fields for your dogs to run in and everyone is very nice about the dogs. I guess if you have a nice trailer to use the shower and bathroom in this is a great place to stay. The only negative was the low rates that they charge for tent camping because that brings in some trashy people who do not respect the property. I am really hoping that they raise the rates for tent camping to keep the trouble out!!!

I would also avoid the meeting that they offer you when you check in. They offer you $100.00 towards your next trip there to sit in a 30 min meeting that actually took 1.5 hours. I had to ask 4 times to actually get the $100.00 credit, but they did actually come through for us. If you do choose to do this Tony is a very nice young guy who wont push you.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a trailer I would ask to stay N1 through N10. We stayed at N9 and the location f...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Keith1100
Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family and I went to Round up lake June 11,2012 and were suppose to stay till June 18,2012. We ended up leaving due to the rude customer care and the place was a ghost town! The store did not have anything we needed. A bag of ice was $7.00 it was no fun at all. The kids were even ready to go home. We have camped here for the last 5 years and will never go back! Just a warning for everyone!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Unsatisfied50207
Reviewed June 4, 2012

10 phone calls, 12 representatives and 6 hours later...I'm done. A simple request today has turned into a total nightmare. If I've learned anything from the multifamily industry, it's the importance and value of great customer service. When you tell someone you'll call them back, call them back. When you offer someone something, honor it. If it's time sensitive, treat it that way.

Let's back up a week shall we.

My family and I enjoy going to Round-Up Lake, formerly Jellystone, a local campground during the summer. They offer a family atmosphere and we've always had a good experience. Last weekend, we took the first trip of the year. Upon arrival, I was shuffled down the counter to get a parking pass (Red flag #1).

The man behind the counter asked some basic questions and inquired whether I'd been there before. After going into how much we love the property, he advised that they were undergoing some exciting changes and there would be a meeting the next day to go over the future of Round-Up Lake. Just for going, we received a voucher for $100 to use toward future stays at the property. (Red flag #2).

The next day, I went to the front desk to inquire about the location of the meeting discussed at check-in. All of the representatives looked bewildered and couldn't tell me exactly where it would be, but I was able to get 'the building that looks like it's under construction' out of one of them (Red flag #3).

My fiance took the kids over to the lake to play so I told him I would just go check it out. Upon arrival to the 'building that looked like it was under construction', I was greeted with what looked like an empty car dealership filled with tables (Red flag #4). The man who spoke with me was sitting with two other women and gestured for me to come in. I was greeted with 'will your husband be joining us?'. To which I replied no, he's at the lake with the kids. Surprised, he said, "to receive the credit, we require husband and wife be here together" (Red flag #5). I called my fiance and had him drag the kids away from the lake to meet me.

Shortly after I placed the call, the man we were supposed to meet with apologized that he had overbooked and he was going to have me meet with another member of the staff. At this point, I really didn't care, I wanted to get it over with so the kids could go back and play.

Enter, (we'll call him), Ted. He tried to strike up local conversation to earn our trust, a failing attempt due to his recent relocation he mentioned later on. He acted interested in us, but after we politely declined, the tone turned several degrees colder. I asked him if he had a business card to which he replied "We're not even supposed to be open until next weekend, I don't even have my cards yet" followed by a chuckle. So, I did what any interested prospect would do, handed him my card and asked him to follow up with me.

The meeting ended promptly after that, he added his name to the invitation we had received and said we would just need to present it for credit.

During the entire meeting, there was a maintenance man walking around hanging pictures of campgrounds all around the US (Red flag #292).

Today, I called to book a reservation for Memorial Day Weekend. The booking agent asked me to fax the form we received from Ted, but when she received it, it was the wrong form. Surprised? Well that wasn't even the half of it. I was placed on hold for 20 minutes at a time, told by several I would receive a call back in just a few minutes which turned into spans of 2 hours or more. Each time I would call back, I would have to explain the situation from beginning to end.

Finally, 3 hours in, I asked to be transferred directly to the property. The representative was apologetic and quick to give me Ted's cell phone number. I called and, low and behold, voicemail. I asked him to please call the home office to verify our meeting from this past Saturday and left my number.

Another hour passed and no one followed up so I called again. This time, the person who was originally handling my calls had left for the day. I would thank her for calling me to let me know someone else would be handling the request, but she didn't do that. They again transferred me to the property and the man who had originally given me Ted's phone number was extremely apologetic. He expressed that Ted had just sent a text message to him several minutes ago so I should try again.

I tried again, voicemail again. I then did the only logical thing, called back the main line only to again placed on hold for 20 minutes followed by a rushed "I'm sorry there is nothing we can do until we hear back from the person you met with" and the sound of the line disconnecting.

I called back again, now 5 hours in, requested to speak to the on-site staff yet again and was greeted by a new apologetic staff member. This time, she offered to walk the 50 feet to 'the building that looks like it's under construction' and speak with Ted herself. Not hopeful, I again agreed to a call back.

About 20 minutes later, she did call me back, but it was bad news yet again. Ted was in a meeting, but he was in shortly before I called the first time and let her know he would be back later.

Why Ted, do you have time to text the staff, stop in the office, but not take 2 seconds out of your day to verify our meeting one week ago? I expressed my dissatisfaction to the only staff member that made the effort to go to him for verification and ended the nightmare with two words "I'm done".

I sat in the meeting, asked for a follow up because we were sincerely interested in what they had to offer and received nothing but a headache in return. This lackluster customer service and member only mentality is going to ruin what used to be a fun family vacation close to home.

If you see the Ideal Private Resorts logo on any campground staff member, I highly suggest you walk away. It's just not worth it.

~Your Dissatisfied Customer

UPDATE: 6/4/12

After speaking with *****, I was not convinced that everything would run smoothly from then on. During our conversation, *****said he would have the credit applied to our account and asked me to call him when we decided to book so he could take care of everything. Ah, the wonder of words. So many forget that it's the follow through that matters. Also, I don't wish to hear excuses or "I'm not trying to make excuses, but (insert string of excuses..."I don't think ***even had his computer up and running" "The cell service isn't great in that area" "We're on a shoe string budget")

Here's how I see it, never allow your employees to conduct business without the proper tools to do the job. I should have never even been approached for that presentation before its scheduled start date. Take the initiative if you're able to follow through. Nothing less.

Thursday, I received a call from a family member because they wanted to book the weekend. I expressed my concern for both the blatant lack of customer service we experienced the week before and the disastrous weather that was predicted for the weekend, but was ultimately overruled and forced to call to attempt to book Friday and Saturday night. Although ***** advised me to call his cell phone, it was already going on 7pm so I wanted to extend some courtesy and simply call the customer service line. After all, he did advise me that the credit would be applied. To my dismay, the credit had not yet been applied to our account and *****had already left for the day. Again, agitated by the lack of follow through, I agreed to call back on Friday.

Friday, I called to speak with *****who was unavailable so I left a message. I knew better than to expect a timely response however so I called back just to be sure he was in. The representative was quick to locate him. Now you'd think after the lengthy discussion we had the week before, he would have recalled at least the major details of my situation. Well, not really. At one point, he actually said "let me look into this for you, we're just looking to get the cancellation credit back on your account correct?" To which, after recovering from my jaw dropping shock, I replied "no, don't you remember the conversation we had about the complete disregard for customer service and the 6 brutal hours I spent trying to book a weekend with a credit I was supposed to receive for sitting through the IPR presentation with ***?". At that point he placed me on hold, came back with a tone of confusion in his voice and advised me that he would need to have the manager call me back to straighten everything out within the hour. I reluctantly agreed as long as it was within the hour. The lack of accountability and competency your staff displays is astounding.

Two minutes before the hour was up, I received a call from Cheryl. Cheryl is perhaps your most valuable employee. She is quick to respond, goes the extra mile and reads the situation well. After going over everything with her again, she offered to have reservations call me back to book, because (surprise surprise) she was unable to complete the reservation from her computer system because it's not set up properly. I expressed my discontent and she quickly said, "I can do it for you now as long as you don't mind holding for a few minutes". I agreed. After several minutes of hold time, Cheryl checked on me numerous times, they gave me a total of $91 for two nights on a primitive site. I mentioned the JUNE special (BOGO half off) and was told that I was incorrect, it was buy 2 get 1 half off. Cue Patrick. Not sure who he is, but he was also quick to respond offering Fire and Ice for the inconveniences I had experienced to this point and agreed that I was incorrect about the June special.

I'm not incorrect about the JUNE special in case you were wondering. I called back and the representative quickly honored my request so at least she was aware of the promotion.

The weekend went on without a hitch (probably because we avoided the office at all costs). The rotting wood and shower heads caked with lime scale so thick it impedes their ability to work properly are a nice touch, but hey, at least the bathrooms by the lake were open this time. Curious as to why the lake hasn't been dredged yet though. Wasn't the season opening Memorial Day weekend? I'm sure by this time last year, the lake was definitely cleared of the vegetative growth and the kids were playing on the inflatable climbing accessories.

A few gems in a sea of coal...

In addition to Cheryl & Patrick - Kyle, the attendant by the gate, is an excellent team member. He is friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Butch, a maintenance technician, was also friendly, helpful and knowledgeable as was the lifeguard at the pool on Saturday 6/2 (didn't catch her name).

The rest, well...yikes. This is the place we love to hate. Round Up Lake has potential and we love it, but the staff we've encountered over the past month has been little more than horrific.
The other salesman from Round Up even had the audacity to follow up with me on Friday with "Did I meet with you at your campsite last weekend?". Why are you following up with a question about where we met? Shouldn't you remember that you didn't even meet with me, ***did?!? To which I replied, "no and after the ordeal we went through, I can't believe you are even calling me". Surprising, he had NO idea what I was talking about so I asked him to have my initial e-mail forwarded to him.

On a somewhat related note, maybe your sales staff could benefit from some fresh training on user experience because they all sound like washed up car salesmen.

On top of everything, I tried to reply to the e-mail I was sent only to find out they had blocked my e-mail address. Bear in mind, I simply sent the review above. Nothing that would warrant being blocked from a response.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
16  Thank unhappycamper4_19
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This place used to be the best campground ever when it was jellystone now that it is Round up lake it is horrible service SUCKS grass needs cut lake needs clean more activities would be good we came for 9 years as jellystone and it was AWESOME but 1 year as round up lake it SUCKS the snack bars are stupid now and ROUNDUP LAKE what kind of name is that come on r u that stupid

• Stayed: May 2012
9  Thank Sas22799

Been to Roundup Lake RV Resort? Share your experiences!