“Worth the drive off of the interstate”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Winchester, Kentucky
“Worth the drive off of the interstate”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel based on it's good reviews and the lack of good reviews of those out by the interstate. We were not disappointed. I had asked for a discount that was more than AAA as a review suggested. I was told she couldn't but upgraded us to a king suit. Very nice and clean. The staff was friendly. Breakfast was OK but a Bob Evans is across the street. Pool is one of the nicer ones I have seen for this price range. Would definitely use again if traveling in this area.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jack S
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
We are only 7 miles off of I-71 and worth every mile! I do appreciate your review and I am so pleased you had a great experience during your stay with us and it was worth getting off the traveling path. I appreciate all your compliments and hope to see you very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Rockmart, Georgia
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My family of 4 which included myself, husband , adult son and teenage daughter made last minute reservations while in driving the 12 hour drive from Atlanta, Ga. We got a double room with a roll away bed (trying to save money and not get 2 rooms). Staff was EXCELLENT everyone we ran into or came in contact with said hello or greeted us in some fashion. I asked for a place near by to get my son a hair cut prior to the funeral. The front desk even wrote down the directions for us (even though it was only 2 miles down the road). We just happened to arrive the night of the managers dinner which worked out great for us prior to the funeral viewing and after traveling all day ( I had no idea of this until I arrived).

The indoor pool is huge, heated, VERY clean, plenty of seating for mom to read, Jacuzzi the same and sauna. My teenage daughter had the whole thing to her self!! Very relaxing for the older children to burn off some energy after being cooped up in the car all day.

Breakfast was great as well simple standard as most hotels but clean and plentiful, lobby always had fresh coffee and fruit to grab and go.

There was even coin operated washers and dryers for guests, if needed.

Only down fall I would say and this was due to my own personal situation is that trying to squeeze a rollaway bed into a double NOT a good idea!! We had to literally climb over who ever slept on it to get to the bathroom. Also the bathroom was VERY small. While the door opened outward it would hit who ever was in front of the sink outside the main part of the bathroom so we had to be careful when more then one person was in the area. But for the ONE night we stayed it was fine. Again the POOL, Jacuzzi, sauna, and managers weekly Tuesday night dinner was the highlight of our stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Terri2south
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
I was just whining the other day that nobody reviews our Tuesday Manager Reception so thank you very much for mentioning it and I am very pleased it was part of the highlight of your stay! When owners see guest satisfaction on a particular area it is most likely to continue so we need that feedback from our guest on the dinners, so thank you again! I am very pleased that you had a wonderful experience during your stay with us even though you were traveling under not so wonderful circumstances. Thank you again for your review, makes me very happy!
Houston, Missouri
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay at this Mansfield Quality Inn. Everything was very clean and neat. The staff was friendly and answered questions and concerns promptly. I had not stayed there previously opting to stay at the Hampton Inn because of their reputation for cleanliness. But I think this location went thru a couple of ownership changes or name changes and restorations and came back better. It is definitely comparable to the Hampton Inn (if not) better in every area, except for one. I cannot give it an excellent rating because there is no elevator. Not even a service elevator for the cleaning crew. I am not sure how they get around the Americans with Disabilities Act, other than not booking when there are no available rooms on the first floor for people with disabilities. I prefer the top floor because in the past I have been kept awake by running children and inconsiderate adults that stomp and whatever else that make noise to the wee hours. I am also disabled where I cannot carry a bag up a flight of stairs. I did ask for help and someone brought my bag up.

I was in the Mansfield area because of illness in my family and the location of this property was very close to where I had to go. It is close enough to shopping and restaurants (McDonalds is cross the street) approximately five to seven minutes to the mall and other shopping and food.

Breakfast selection was very adequate, I did see the pool and whirlpool but my key did not work there or at the business center, maybe I had to get a key from the front desk. I did not ask because it was not an issue at the time.

Overall, I would stay again and I would recommend to others. Hospitality and service never fails when you are competing with the bigger hotel chains.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is near an exit. There is a lot of walking involved.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Cici L
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
You are correct we have been recently renovated and we have a great hotel due to it , however our guest service is like none other. We strive to make our guest happy and help them in any way we can to create a great experience during their stay. The lack of an elevator has always been a thorn in my side, however we do the best we can around the issue. The ADA rooms are available on the first floor and are only rented to those who qualify for such needs. I am pleased to know that you would refer us over our friendly competitor and that we now have your loyalty to our property when you visit Mansfield again! Hope to see you soon!
Buckeye Country
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We were a little early for check-in but that was no problem. The staff were very friendly - not just at check in but even as we just entered or left the hotel. The king suite was larger than expected. (Living area, kitchenette, bedroom, bath) It was clean, and adequate supply of towels. (We often have to ask for more.) We asked for a non-smoking room, and the room was marked non-smoking, but I'm not sure it has always been a non-smoking room as there was a slight 'hint' of a smoking odor. (Much stronger in the stairwell.) It was tolerable however. The hotel was sold out but it was quiet and we slept well.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review on our property! I'm pleased that you had a great experience during your stay and you were able to get rest even with as busy as we were that weekend! Thank you for acknowledging how friendly our staff was here we take pride in making our guest feel welcomed and comfortable.
Marine City, Michigan
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Spent a couple nights at the Quality while in the Mansfield area. This hotel is just off US 30 and in close proximity to fuel, food and other services. The location is typical "hotel by the highway". On check in the clerk was friendly and efficient. We rented a suite for $109 that had a nice kitchenette, living room and a king bed. The room was clean, the bed was very comfortable. My only complaint would be the room was hard to cool down, but the windows do open, which I find a plus. There also is no elevator so if stairs are an issue stay on the first floor.

The pool area was more than what you would expect from this type of hotel. A great place to shake of some road miles, complete with hot tub and sauna. Nothing real special but quite adequate and unexpected.

When in the Mansfield area this is a good, solid hotel choice. I will stay again.

Room Tip: No elevator, First floor if steps are an issue.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice review of our property it is much appreciated! I apologize for the air control issues, during this time of year with the ups and downs in weather it confuses the air units and when it's cold outside they don't allow air conditioning however I'm glad there was the alternative of opening the window. I am very pleased that you found our amenities like our pool area to add value to your stay with us!
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have stayed here a few times and have been satisfied every time. The last time I stayed, I was in the suite. The room was very comfortable, very clean, and spacious. There was a bedroom, bathroom, small kitchenette, and living room area. The sofa had a pull out bed so if you had someone else staying with you (such as another couple, kids, family, etc) there is plenty of room. The bed was comfortable and there were lots of pillows which is a plus because I usually have to ask for another pillow. The front desk staff was so friendly and personable. I enjoyed that she struck up a small conversation with me rather than just hurry up and check me in. The hotel is very easy to find! I will stay here again in the future!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review, it is very pleasing to hear that you had a great experience with us! I am mostly pleased that you are loyal to our property and that you like us so much you had to share with the tripadvisor community. It's guest like you that make it worth the work and helps us know we are on the right track of guest services. Thank you for your time again and I hope to see you very soon! Happy Valentine's Day!
Bellbrook, Ohio
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The room was clean , safe , updated & had a frig & microwave. Very helpful front desk lady printed off a mapquest to help clarify my route. Good staff helped accomodate our group for an early weekend breakfast with yummy cheese eggs, bacon & much more before we went to work. Good coffee for my thermos mug!! Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ksirons
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
I am so pleased that you had a great experience during your stay with us! Our staff aims to please and accommodate our guest to our highest potential and I am glad that we were able to accommodate you and your group! Thank you for your time to review us on Tripadvisor it is much appreciated. Hope to see you back soon and I wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays!