“Positive overall”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed March 1, 2013

The hotel was clean and rooms comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful too. I was also impressed with Cheryl at the front desk. Our car had broken down and, and we waited for almost 3 hours on I -71 for a tow. She was even willing to come pick us up at Firestone on a Sunday evening! I would highly recommend this hotel-suites to anyone traveling through Ohio!

Room Tip: You won't be disappointed if you choose Quality Inn in Mansfield, OH. They even have an indoor p...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Sherry M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn & Suites and giving such wonderful compliments of Cheryl and the hotel . I will share your compliments with my staff members as it ensures us that we are meeting guest expectations of service. Cheryl is a true gem and goes past the call duty all the time for guest. Thank you for showing your appreciation of your stay and we hope to see you again when you come back to Mansfield.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We recently spent 2 nights at the Quality Inn & Suites in Mansfield , Ohio. We stayed in one of the King Suites. The King Suite rate is only 10% higher than the standard King room but is well worth the additional cost. The room is sectioned off into a bedroom area, kitchen area, and living room area all very spacious. There is a flat screen TV in the bedroom as well as one in the living room area. The bed was very comfortable and the suite was newly remodeled so everything was new. We highly recommend this hotel when you are in the Mansfield area.

Room Tip: Any of the King Suites are good. There are two floors and no elevator so you might want to request...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mikenbonnie
Comfortoh106, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and for the wonderful compliments and ratings. I am very pleased you had a great stay and hope you return during your next visit in Mansfield!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I have stayed at this location multiple times. Each visti is consistently "Excellent" The entire staff ensures a great experience. The rooms are always clean with quality bedding. The King Suite is more than adequate with a sofa, 2 flat screen tv's, kitchen area with a microwave and refrigerator & a chocolate "Q" on the counter to say thank you to all gueats. The breakfast is hot and the seating area is spacious.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael C

Thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn & Suites and giving such wonderful compliments and ratings. I will share your compliments with my staff as it ensures us that we are meeting guest expectations of service. Thank you for loyalty during your visits to Mansfield.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick warm place to stay after a high school football playoff game. Loved that it was 5 minutes from the stadium. We checked in( excellant and quick) and got warm weather geared up. When we returned the heater in our room was not working. The front office staff was quick to check it out and came with the keys to a new room right across the hall. The stay was excellant and the breakfast the next day was a joy. Set-up nicely, good selection of cereal, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, breakfast casserole, and fresh fruit. The staff was in the room for any questions and she was always refilling and warming things up. Made our overnight well worth the money instead of driving the two hours to get home in the middle of the night and tired. Went into Mansfield for the Carousel museum and window shopping since most of the town is old school and shut down for Sundays. Reminded us of our youth days when you walked through town and nothing was open because it was Sunday. Neat little town and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn & Suites and your great comments. I do apologize for the incident with the heater in your room and I am pleased the staff was able to make other arrangements for you quickly. All hotels have mishaps at times but the service from the staff makes a whole lot of difference during a situation. I appreciate your patience and hope to see you return soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was very clean and very modern. The beds and pillows very comfortable. Clean is a top priority and this place was spotless. I will stay again when in Mansfield, they even matched better rates from surrounding hotels so just ask.
As far as the person on the reviews of this hotel who gave a bad review about the $75 charge for smoking in the room, I don't blame the Quality Inn. I can't stand smelling the filth of other people and the nasty smoking habits when I have to stay in a place other than home. All hotels should be non smoking. I have problems with asthma and even the left over smell of others smoking triggers a problem with breathing. Instead of complaining about an extra charge, smokers would be better off taking their stinky nasty habits outside so that others aren't bothered by the horrible smell! Great hotel only improvement would be completely non smoking.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Have stayed in this hotel 2 to 3 times per month for the past 3 years with no incident.
This past week, my agency told me that the manager had added an extra $75 charge onto my bill for smoking in the room.
Along with that, I was now to have an extra credit card on file to cover any future damages I might do to the room.
As I have been a lifelong non-smoker, I immediately and vehemently responded that this was not true.
After receiving a letter from the hotel stating that their staff could not have possibly smoked in the room and it was proven that it had to be me, I called the manager myself. She was quite hostile.
It was quite apparent that she did not believe me but I did get her to acknowledge that there had never been a problem before with me.
When I reiterated that I did not smoke and had never smoked, wanted the charge removed and a letter of apology as I was unjustly accused, she became very rude, shouted that it would not happen and hung up on me. She also accused me of having a guest in the room who must have smoked. I had no guest.
I then got a second accusatory email stating the charge would stay on until I would retract my request for an apology.
Threats and false accusations do not a happy customer make. Neither I nor my colleagues will be back to this hotel. The rudeness and dismissal with which I was treated guarantees that.
Whatever happened in that room after I left was beyond my control and the manager there refuses to acknowledge that she might be wrong. Appeals to corporate yielded nothing.
Be careful with this hotel- if anything happens in or to your room after you check out, you just might find your self paying for it!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Lynn M
Comfortoh106, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I value you and your companies business and the relationship we had for the past few years. To maintain that relationship I have taken the smoking charge off and have corresponded with you and your company about this incident many times. My intentions were only to recover the hotel room back to non smoking standards and the fee is to cover the expenses of deep cleaning the room. My intentions were never to offend you or lose you or your companies business. I take incidental charges very seriously and make sure I have all my ducks in a row before posting any charges. My staff and I were in this room the afternoon of your check-out to witness the smell and I had the locks read after accusations of my staff smoking in the room which I have forwarded to you with my last letter. I hadn't heard from you after that so I believed this incident was setteled until you wrote your review. I am sorry that you are still upset about this incident. If any future guest would like a copy of the read out or proof of deep clean, please contact me direct at gm.oh106@choicehotels.com.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel for business,, I chose this place to redeem my points and I was not disappointed. The King suite I was given was perfect for a business traveler. I found everything I could need here, Clean and quiet, comfy and cozy, with 2 flat screens in my suite, Newly renovated and it shows. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check In/out was fast and efficient. Breakfast was tasty, well stocked and had a good variety. keep up the good work!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank foto_johnyoc

Thank you for your review for your stay with our hotel. Especially being an experienced Tripadvisor reviewer, it means alot to us! We strive for the best customer service and cleanliness to be the number one preferred hotel in Mansfield. Your compliments help us make that possible, thank you again!