“Slight mishap but handled very professionally.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 N Trimble Rd, Mansfield, OH 44906-2102 (Formerly Comfort Inn North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Mentor Headlands, Ohio, United States
“Slight mishap but handled very professionally.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed here for a quick warm place to stay after a high school football playoff game. Loved that it was 5 minutes from the stadium. We checked in( excellant and quick) and got warm weather geared up. When we returned the heater in our room was not working. The front office staff was quick to check it out and came with the keys to a new room right across the hall. The stay was excellant and the breakfast the next day was a joy. Set-up nicely, good selection of cereal, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy, breakfast casserole, and fresh fruit. The staff was in the room for any questions and she was always refilling and warming things up. Made our overnight well worth the money instead of driving the two hours to get home in the middle of the night and tired. Went into Mansfield for the Carousel museum and window shopping since most of the town is old school and shut down for Sundays. Reminded us of our youth days when you walked through town and nothing was open because it was Sunday. Neat little town and will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Comfortoh106, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for reviewing the Quality Inn & Suites and your great comments. I do apologize for the incident with the heater in your room and I am pleased the staff was able to make other arrangements for you quickly. All hotels have mishaps at times but the service from the staff makes a whole lot of difference during a situation. I appreciate your patience and hope to see you return soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This hotel was very clean and very modern. The beds and pillows very comfortable. Clean is a top priority and this place was spotless. I will stay again when in Mansfield, they even matched better rates from surrounding hotels so just ask.
As far as the person on the reviews of this hotel who gave a bad review about the $75 charge for smoking in the room, I don't blame the Quality Inn. I can't stand smelling the filth of other people and the nasty smoking habits when I have to stay in a place other than home. All hotels should be non smoking. I have problems with asthma and even the left over smell of others smoking triggers a problem with breathing. Instead of complaining about an extra charge, smokers would be better off taking their stinky nasty habits outside so that others aren't bothered by the horrible smell! Great hotel only improvement would be completely non smoking.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Have stayed in this hotel 2 to 3 times per month for the past 3 years with no incident.
This past week, my agency told me that the manager had added an extra $75 charge onto my bill for smoking in the room.
Along with that, I was now to have an extra credit card on file to cover any future damages I might do to the room.
As I have been a lifelong non-smoker, I immediately and vehemently responded that this was not true.
After receiving a letter from the hotel stating that their staff could not have possibly smoked in the room and it was proven that it had to be me, I called the manager myself. She was quite hostile.
It was quite apparent that she did not believe me but I did get her to acknowledge that there had never been a problem before with me.
When I reiterated that I did not smoke and had never smoked, wanted the charge removed and a letter of apology as I was unjustly accused, she became very rude, shouted that it would not happen and hung up on me. She also accused me of having a guest in the room who must have smoked. I had no guest.
I then got a second accusatory email stating the charge would stay on until I would retract my request for an apology.
Threats and false accusations do not a happy customer make. Neither I nor my colleagues will be back to this hotel. The rudeness and dismissal with which I was treated guarantees that.
Whatever happened in that room after I left was beyond my control and the manager there refuses to acknowledge that she might be wrong. Appeals to corporate yielded nothing.
Be careful with this hotel- if anything happens in or to your room after you check out, you just might find your self paying for it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank Lynn M
Comfortoh106, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel. I value you and your companies business and the relationship we had for the past few years. To maintain that relationship I have taken the smoking charge off and have corresponded with you and your company about this incident many times. My intentions were only to recover the hotel room back to non smoking standards and the fee is to cover the expenses of deep cleaning the room. My intentions were never to offend you or lose you or your companies business. I take incidental charges very seriously and make sure I have all my ducks in a row before posting any charges. My staff and I were in this room the afternoon of your check-out to witness the smell and I had the locks read after accusations of my staff smoking in the room which I have forwarded to you with my last letter. I hadn't heard from you after that so I believed this incident was setteled until you wrote your review. I am sorry that you are still upset about this incident. If any future guest would like a copy of the read out or proof of deep clean, please contact me direct at gm.oh106@choicehotels.com.
Kettering
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I travel for business,, I chose this place to redeem my points and I was not disappointed. The King suite I was given was perfect for a business traveler. I found everything I could need here, Clean and quiet, comfy and cozy, with 2 flat screens in my suite, Newly renovated and it shows. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check In/out was fast and efficient. Breakfast was tasty, well stocked and had a good variety. keep up the good work!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank foto_johnyoc
Thank you for your review for your stay with our hotel. Especially being an experienced Tripadvisor reviewer, it means alot to us! We strive for the best customer service and cleanliness to be the number one preferred hotel in Mansfield. Your compliments help us make that possible, thank you again!
halstead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Hi, needed a quick sleep after being 7 hours driving from Niagra as we were heading down to Nashville Tennessee, so decided to just walk into the Confort Inn in Mansfield not knowing what to expect and it was great. The bath was to small which was no big deal as the shower was perfect. The beds were comfy, we had two queens. Pillows were all set up nicely with sweet dreams on the middle pillow. The t.v. was a really great 27" flat screen with HBO and loads of channels. The toiletries were phenomenon as they were from Crabtree & Evelyn and they all smelt like lemons. The coffee and tea in the room were perfect also. The only little minor problem was that the toilet didn't flush very well. The outside hall carpet was a bit older but vacumened perfectly. For the free breakfast there was loads of items, amazing cast iron waffle maker to make your own waffles, cereals, fresh fruits, muffins, toast, english muffins, bagels, juices, hot cocoa, coffee, tea and also little made bags of breakfast for on the go. I thought it was brilliant, then I needed things I forgot from home and they gave me free deodorant, toothbrush and paste, it was a really great hotel for the price AND they gave us back $15.00 just because we had a small problem with the toilet. Great. Def would choose again if I ever pass that way again xx

• Stayed September 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here in August 2011 and August 2012 so I can tell you this hotel has done a great job at remodeling its rooms. They are actual "suites" now with a lounging/kitchenette area separate from the bedroom area. The carpet, furniture, everything has been replaced in the rooms. The hallways, lobby and breakfast area remain the same and the whole place still has a stale smell to it. I'm also not a fan of the location. Sketchy neighborhood in one direction and couple of gas stations across the street, plus a Bob Evans. If you have to stay in Mansfield, I'd look for something closer to the college or mall. A big plus is the super helpful staff though. A big minus is no fitness center :(

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank barronerin
Valparaiso, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel a few times per year for the last 20 years. During this last visit, the hotel chain changed from Comfort Inn to Quality. The changes and upgrades that have taken place are very impressive. There is new carpet, tile, microwaves, small fridge and many other improvements throughout the building. The staff seems to have a new positive energy and very friendly compared to the past visits.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
BEST WESTERN Richland Inn-Mansfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!