Rodeway Inn
QualityInn
$83
$99
$94
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Take the time to get to know the staff and owners! Good people, rooms have been renovated and were clean. Close to Mid Ohio Sports Car Course and the rates were great on an IndyCar weekend. Stayed for 12 days while testing and racing and it was a great value. Not a luxury facility by any means but a good place for a business traveler.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank PWC2013
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel four times in the last six months and will be staying again later this month. Granted, it is not the Holiday Inn or Marriott... but it is clean and decent for the price. I suppose most of the reviews here are older, but my recent stays have been satisfactory. The owner is friendly and has come to know me and my girlfriend on sight... even remembers what room we had previously and offers it again. I have stayed here repeatedly and will continue to do so. Only problem I have ever had is having to once have the door key card reflashed as I was unable to open the door. My girlfriend is a heavy coffee drinker and is always provided with extra coffee upon request.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank D_Blankenship1488
Reviewed November 9, 2012

First off let me state I only stayed here because there was no other hotels available when I went to book late for the Mid-Ohio Indy race. When I made the reservation I was given one price, when I showed up 450 miles from home after a long day at the track I was charged a rate $30 higher than the reservation. At this point I had no choice but to pay it, there were people in line who had reservations and there were no rooms available at all. After returning home I spoke to the manager on 7, YES 7 different occasions to get a credit for the difference. Each time being promised it would go back on my card. No credit was ever received on my card.

Now onto the hotel itself, it is a dump! Thankfully I did not have my wife and kids with me as I would have been afraid of them catching something. The bathroom was disgusting, mildew in the shower, cigarette burns all down the side of the tub, then to top it off a hole punched in the door. The AC did not work, the linens had cigarette burns as well, the pool was empty and full of stagnant water, the front of restaurant that is part of the hotel is boarded up, the parking lot of the hotel could barely be driven through by a normal car. I could go on and on, but based on the other reviews you get the point.

Definitely worth driving further and paying more money. Like I mentioned worst hotel I have ever stayed in, even worse than some I have stayed at in 3rd world countries.

Room Tip: Stay away, worth driving further away to a descent hotel and worth paying more.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank ACELLR8
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Awful, horrible place!! Terrible!

Long story short, they did not honor our "guaranteed" reservation or save a room for us, and they really didn't care. I had made reservations back in February for an August room. When we arrived to check in, the person behind the desk looked us up and said he saw our reservation. He then made us wait at the front desk for about 20 minutes - waiting for the manager - as he didn't want to "mix anything up." After the manager finally arrived he tells us, ever so nonchalantly, that they are booked and they "don't have a room" for us. He goes on to say that, "People have been here since Thursday and haven't left." I said to him, "So, you gave away our room?!?" He said he was overbooked. We left.

They evidently know how to TAKE a reservation, they just don't know how to KEEP a reservation.

I would never book with them again nor would I recommend this place to anyone. EVER.

Fortunately, Expedia gave us a complete refund. Thank you Expedia. I do believe that Expedia should remove this hotel as one of their hotel options so no other traveler has to deal with this grief.

Room Tip: Don't ever book a reservation here. Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A L
Reviewed August 6, 2012

The brochures are misleading. This place is a dump.

If you can get through the pot hole filled parking lot and make your way past the abandoned restaurant you can find the run down "office."

We traveled to this area of Ohio for the Mid-Ohio Indy Race. We knew the hotels would be filled, so we booked a room way back in February in order to save our space. The day before we received an email (from Expedia) confirming our reservation.

When we arrived, after waiting 15 minutes for the manager to show up at the office, we were told that they didn't have any rooms.

It reminded me of this Seinfeld episode: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSZYsyrP3Co&feature=player_detailpage#t=18s

Luckily, I had the TripAdvisor app on my phone, and I was able to call and book a room at the last minute at another hotel that was up the road in Ashland.

Seriously, don't waste your time with this place. Rent a motor home, stay in a tent, or drive further away to find something if you're attending the Mid-Ohio race.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family