“Family of 4 - Good Experience”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
St Louis, United States
“Family of 4 - Good Experience”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel and guest rooms were very clean. We had a very quiet room not far from the interstate - but far enough not to be bothered by traffic noise. There were extensive breakfast choices for both adults and children. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Debra,
I wanted to thank you for filling out our survey. I appreciate any feedback that our guest give us. I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay at our facility. We hope you decide to return in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed July 9, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel last weekend as a "mini-getaway". We chose the suite with 2 queen beds. The suite was only one room with one television but the room was large in size. Opposite the beds was a chair, sofa and a small area with a mini fridge, microwave and sink. Plenty of space for our family of four. We enjoyed a swim after we checked in and the pool was clean and area was well maintained. Coming back from swimming the staff informed us that fresh, hot cookies were just coming out of the oven and to come down to enjoy some (that made my kids happy!) The next morning we had the complementary breakfast in the lobby. There was alot to chose from: eggs, waffles, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, cereal, fruit. All very good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OSU_MOM_OF_2
Dear OSU_MOM OF 2
I wanted to thank you for filling out our survey. I appreciate any feedback that our guest give us. I am so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay at our facility. We hope you decide to return in the future.
Greencastle, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Located close to decent restaurants, the hotel is easily accessible off the interstate. The hotel was clean, and quiet. The pool was large enough to swim laps, and the hot tub/whirlpool was enjoyably hot!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Joanne C
Dear Joanne,
I wanted to thank you for filling out our survey. I appreciate any feedback that our guest give us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay at our facility. I am very pleased that you took the time to enjoy some of our amenities, as in the pool and whirlpool. We hope you decide to return in the future.
La Crosse, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I travel a lot for business and Mansfield is an occasional stop. The last time I stayed closer to downtown at the Holiday Inn. I don't remember much of it, bad or good. Given I don't remember anything bad, I should have just stayed there again in hindsight. While the area has it's charms--some interesting old architecture and a rich history of manufacturing--it's extremely poor economic situation leaves it with few good amenities. Thinking I was doing myself a favor by staying in a newer hotel, a chain with which I am familiar, I chose to stay at the Hampton Inn South. Huge mistake.

From the outside, this looks like every other suburban/rural Hampton. The check-in was fast and friendly. The honeymoon ended there. The appearance of the room was okay--slightly below average for comparable chains (Holiday Inn Express, Hilton Garden Inn, etc.). I was surprised at how much I could hear of neighbors and hallway noise. This place was not well built. The worst part, though, is that they do not have central air in the rooms. Instead, they have those under-window air units. These are usually noisy as it is, but in this case, they are completely oversized for the rooms. Obnoxiously so--they are HUGE. The thing was literally cycling on and off every few minutes my entire stay. I couldn't leave it off as the room become hot in minutes. (It was only like 80 degrees out.) Even with it on, the room was warm, cold, warm, cold--it probably fluctuated 3-5 degrees every 5 minutes. There was no way to adjust it to just stay on constantly. And it was LOUD. Again, a seasoned traveller, I always bring industrial ear plugs. They were of no help over the rumble of this beast.

The free breakfast was nothing special--precooked egg disks and sausage, cereals, baked stuff, fruit and yogurt. There is no way to get a good breakfast with any combination of those, but it's something. The free WiFi worked well. All in all, what's the point if you can't get a good night's sleep?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bfanciu,
I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay at our facility. Almost all of out Hvac systems were updated last Aug, but there are some rooms that still have a older version in them. I do appreciate your feedback, I like knowing what we can do to improve our property so our guest have an enjoyable stay.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We booked a suite with two queen beds and a sofa sleeper at this hotel because we are a family of 5 with 3 teenage boys. The room was one of the largest one room suites we have ever stayed in. The room was clean and in perfect working order. The Breakfast was what you would normally expect from a Hampton. Overall great experience.

Dear Member,
Thank you for filling out our survey. All feedback is very appreciated. I hope you return in the future.
Mansfield, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The hotel was clean and in order. However, the security door that is only accessible by key card was ziptied open compromising security of the patrons. After room occupancy, staff reentered our room and stored their food items in the fridge. Unnacceptable.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Patrick,

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South, I would like to apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss this matter.
Aiken, United States
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and two granddaughters loved both the hotel and all the staff. We were given the rooms we asked for and were also given much good advice on sightseeing in the area. This property is close to all the Mansfield and Lexington sights along easy access to Snow trails and the Mid-Ohio Sports Car track,

Dear James,
We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. Your positive feedback means so much to our team!

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South, I would like to thank you for your business. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area.