“Incredible upgrade, and nice indoor pool”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Incredible upgrade, and nice indoor pool”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Right next to I-71 with easy access to Mohican State Park. Just watch out hurrying to get here; the hotel is next to the Highway Patrol. In Mansfield for business this time, but the pool plus whirlpool were great. Internet worked well, even in the pool area. Everything clean. Breakfast had hot options in addition to the waffles. Quite tasty and enjoyable. All this and an HHonors Diamond upgrade to an enormous suite [the size of 3 normal rooms!] Only issue was some broken tiles in the room.

Room Tip: Get that HHonors account going cuz it doesn't cost u a thing.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Tnj,
I wanted to take a moment and thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey. We value any feedback we receive. This allows us to know what we can do to further exceed your expectations with each and every visit. We look forward to serving you again soon and thank you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Try it you'll like it. Pleasant staff very clean and comfortable. Rooms are warm and inviting, wireless easy to acess, big comfortable duvets. Breakfast was hot, coffee very good, danish not so much. Easy access from US 71,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Ron
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I am also thankful that you had such kind words to say reguarding our staff and facilty. I hope to have you return in the near future.

Sandra Best
Agm/Dos
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

I travel alot. I stay at Hampton inn enough to start a Hilton Honors account and this was one of the first time using it. I wanted a king room and they had none so they upgraded me to a king suite. I was totally blown away by how much the gent wanted me to enjoy my stay. A+ Thank you!

• Stayed January 2013
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Thank you very much sir, I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. Hilton Honor's is a wonderful program to belong to. By being a member, it does provide many perks. We hope to have you back in the future.
Oklahoma City
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Up to date rooms that are clean and comfortable with all the amenities. friendly, efficient and attentive hotel staff. a very solid breakfast/break area. very up to date workout facility and pool. i did have some trouble with the Wi-Fi but reported the issue. a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
As a manager at Hampton Inn & Suites it makes my day to read reviews like this. We really enjoy receiving feedback on our guests stay. I want to personally thank you for your gracious words towards our hotel and staff. I will pass this along to our employees. Thank you again and we love having you.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed in the Mansfield Inn and Suites over the New Year's holiday. Since we were in town for a family funeral and knew that there would be lots of "gathering" with multi generations, we chose to book a suite. These "suites are more "large room" than multi room suite. There was plenty of room for the youngest of our group to play while adults talked and visited. It was easy to pull chairs from rooms where other family members were staying with no crowding. The suite has a micro wave and small fridge, It was perfect for storing snacks and small meals.
Staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast is typical Hampton fare. The hotel lobby is quite spacious. It was easy for our large group to meet for breakfast and not dominate the room.
Since this hotel is close to the ski area, we did have some concerns about noise on New Year's Eve. No worries. Rooms were quiet.
The only negative of this hotel was the door locks. We did have several times when we needed staff help to get the doors to lock when we were leaving. I would recommend checking the door carefully before leaving. We also had to have keys "redone" multiple times. Each time we were cautioned to keep keys away from cell phones etc. We know this. It seems like thay might have an issue with their system. The staff was always available and helpful to solve this problem, but it happened multiple times in multiple rooms.
I would definately recommend this location. We will probably return for future family events.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you return in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I really enjoyed my time at the Hampton Inn Mansfield. The whole staff, most especially Sandra, were friendly, helpful and made me feel at home. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Mansfield!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I appreciate your business and I look forward, for you to return.
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is going through major renovations right now which I was not told when booking. The staff there is really nice - front desk gave me a great place to run that was ten minutes away on a bike path. Luckily I prefer to run outside bc the gym was also under construction. The contractors were just doing their job but it was really loud so hard to concentrate on work in room - and for calls. I am sure this is temporary though. I would give them another try as location us super convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Sandra B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I hope you will return, to see how wonderful our renovation has turned out.