“Fantastic staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Fantastic staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I really enjoyed my time at the Hampton Inn Mansfield. The whole staff, most especially Sandra, were friendly, helpful and made me feel at home. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Mansfield!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I appreciate your business and I look forward, for you to return.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The hotel is going through major renovations right now which I was not told when booking. The staff there is really nice - front desk gave me a great place to run that was ten minutes away on a bike path. Luckily I prefer to run outside bc the gym was also under construction. The contractors were just doing their job but it was really loud so hard to concentrate on work in room - and for calls. I am sure this is temporary though. I would give them another try as location us super convenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sandra B, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
I hope you will return, to see how wonderful our renovation has turned out.
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and we were extremely disappointed. When I made the reservation I was NOT told that the hotel was undergoing extensive renovation. The lobby is completely torn up & the parking lot is full of dumpsters and construction trucks to the point that there was not enough parking. The hallways, elevators and carpeting are all a dusty mess due to the drywall work being completed. The bed in our king room was pushed all the way against the air-conditioning unit and the desk was at the foot of the bed, while there was a huge open space to the right of the bed. (not conducive to getting out of bed and walking to the bathroom in the middle of the night) The carpet needed a thorough cleaning and there was broken tile around the bathroom shower. When we came in at night our room key did not work and we had to go to the lobby to have it reset. The clerk's comment was, "Oh this happens every night when I am on duty, the keys never work correctly." Towels are thin and they need some decent towel racks instead of little hooks hanging directly over the toilet.The one positive was that the bed was comfortable. We found this Hampton to be very overpriced for the accomodations provided. Will be looking elsewhere on our next visit to the area.

Room Tip: Ask to see the configuration before you check in
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear, HHLVR

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South, I would like to apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel.

We appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune our operations in hopes that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your expectations. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to further discuss this matter.
Erie PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Tried to cancel reservations for 2 days prior to my stay in order to meet the 48 hr. window. I Constantly received a busy signal and finally gave up. On day of reservation, I finally called the Hampton Inn toll free customer service # and they also tried to unsuccessfully reach the place. They said they would cancel reservation and I should receive a confirming email. In the mean time, I received an email stating my cancellation status as a "no show" i.e. still being billed for the room. Another call to customer service and again I was told they would take care of it. 5 days later and still nothing. Hampton Inns are off my short list. JDW, Erie Pa

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
Our facility was struck by lightening and shorted out every electronic component in our building. Unfortunately we did have phone issue's. They have been resolved. I hope you return to see our wonderful renovations we have had done.
Rakiraki, Fiji
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel many times during my various racing trips to mid-ohio. It is always clean and the employees are courteous and helpful. It is close to some good food and gas stations as well and if you are coming for the races, it's only about ten or fifteen mins from the track. My first choice of hotel when am at mid-ohio.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MDS31
I hope you return this summer.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Good location-you do not hear the freeway.
Cordial manager and breakfast staff. A hot breakfast is so nice.
The pool, exercise room and meeting room looked great.
We used the lobby area for comfy chairs rather than the desk & 2 chairs in the 2 Queen bed room. Microwave & mini frig are are nice touch.
The rates were "inflated" for this special weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Sandra B, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We hope you return for a future stay.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

My friend and I were on a road trip and while in Columbus, we found out that most hotels WILL NOT let you check in unless you're 21 (we're 18). But, the people here were very understanding and let us check in.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am happy that you enjoyed your stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Quality Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
Hampton Inn Mansfield/Ontario

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71? Share your experiences!