“Disappointing”

Galion, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I have enjoyed RoadHouse in the past but my last visit a few weeks ago leaves me wondering if it's under different management. We were there on a quiet Thursday evening around 7:30. Our waitress had zero personality. Didn't smile. Seemed very distracted. We came to celebrate my husbands birthday. He ordered his steak medium and it had to be sent back TWICE for being undercooked. He asked for A1 twice and didn't get it until the end of dinner. My baked sweet potato was burned outside and inside---Yuck. A manager never stopped by our table, which is what would be expected when a bad dinner is served. Very disappointed. Next time I want a steak I'll be patronizing one of the many other steakhouses in the area

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank lynndoll

Owatonna, Minnesota
“Still Good as has been for many years”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We have not been to the Road House for about 10 years. Ate there June, 2012 and this place is just as great as it was many years ago, when we would eat there during the SCCA Runoffs for many years. Food is great, service is great, atmosphere is always great. Our group of 12 people had a reservation, and got right in on time on a busy race weekend. Price for quanity of food is good.

• Visited June 2012
Ontario, Ohio
“Consistently Good!”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The roadhouse has always been good food and good prices for a great cut of beef. Service is always good, and the rolls are to die for!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Collin S
US
“I Love the Steakhouse Smoky Smell”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

This is a favorite restaurant. Peanuts, steaks, huge sweet potatoes/ bake potatoes, wonderful yeast rolls- there is nothing better. The steaks are prepared well and if they don't get it just right, they will make it the way you want. Try the salmon, chicken, ribs, and other items, too. Have never had a bad meal here.

This is casual dining indoors or outside.

The service from Shenadoa was terrific.

Sometimes there is a wait here; allow a little time to be seated just in case.

• Visited May 2012
Ormond Beach, Florida
“OK Restaurant, a few problems”
Reviewed December 30, 2007

My wife, mother and I went to this restaurant for a birthday dinner while visiting in Mansfield, Ohio. I had been there about a year before and we thought we would go back. My mother ordered a 11 oz. Texas sirloin which was good. My wife ordered a 14 oz. boneless ribeye that had considerable waste grizzle/fat. I ordered a 16 oz. T-bone that about 1/3 was grizzle and fat. My steak knife would not even cut those pieces they were so tough.
Their salad with a house dressing was good and they serve it in a large bowl for the table.
There seemed to be a obvious problem with two young male bus boys and the manager approached them near us and was giving them some instructions. The manager turned around and walked away and one of the bus boys took a straw from his bin and threw it on the floor and looked at the manger's back and said to the other bus boy, "you missed that one". That was absolutely uncalled for by a restaurant employee in front of customers. I was going to report it to the manager but didn't want any repercussions from the bus boys later or outside. If I was the manager and heard that, I would have sent them walking.
Overall, it was okay but could have been better if the meat wasn't so fatty. I almost forgot, this is a restaurant where you can eat peanuts out of a bucket and throw the shells on the floor. So if you are looking for a nice, quiet romantic restaurant, this is not it.
If the manager wants to follow-up, we were there on 12/20/07 at 6:55 pm at table 33, Server 111. The waitress did a good job, just said they were very busy.

1 Thank norme-ormond