“Nice place to sleep”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Nice place to sleep”
Reviewed May 18, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights recently - this was my 2nd stay here. We really like this hotel. Convenient to where we need to go, quiet, large rooms, pretty nice pool. Breakfast is ok - not the best continental breakfast I've had, but not the worst either. I really like the lobby area as we were able to meet up and talk to other members of our group there. Staff was very helpful - they were able to get us a cup of milk from the breakfast area so my child could have milk in the evening. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
ohio
Reviewed February 19, 2009

I think this hotel deserves a more up-to-date review so here goes. Our previous stay was in the small hotel area in south Mansfield by I-271 & Rt 13. This time we chose to drive a bit west of Mansfield to their large retail district, and it was definitely worth the slight detour.

It's rare for us to find a hotel with no flaws, but there wasn't a thing we could find fault with here. You are greeted at the front desk by friendly, helpful personnel and (yum-yum) cookies. Checking in and out was a breeze.

We rate it highly because our room was a nice size; a real closet with mirrored doors; good counter space in the bathroom; a BIG selection of TV stations (all my favs); not only in-room coffee, but *tea bags* as well (a rarity); AND a fridge and microwave. The free continental breakfast is not the typical fare you find in most hotels. We're talking real breakfast here. In addition to muffins and hot pancakes, a nice selection of cereals both hot and cold, skim as well as 2% milk, a variety of tea flavors and coffee and juice, I was able to make a big waffle and hubby enjoyed the Bob Evans Scramble they had provided.

The hotel, on the west edge of town (Ontario), is in a major retail district and a bigger area than I expected in a town of the size of Mansfield. Within a mile or two is Richland mall, gas stations, a great variety of restaurants, stores like Target supercenter, craft, electronics, sports stores, etc. You name it; it's probably not far. Meijer's is practically across the street from the hotel, so if you've forgotten something the hotel doesn't have you're in luck.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
mrsmcdermott86
Reviewed January 25, 2008

This hotel is a five star!!! If you get the suites you will not be dissapointed by any means!!! There was a little noise going on outside due to a new building being built but still was what me and my husband needed for a Christmas getaway!!! You will not be disapointed in this hotel!!!

Stayed December 2007
Columbus
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I was checked in for 2 nights for a work related trip. There were 3 other people I work with also checked in for two nights. The first night was fine. However, when I returned for the second night, someone elses things were in my room. I went down to the front desk to see what was going on. The same front desk people who check me in for two nights were there. They checked the computer and said I was checked out during the day and someone else was checked in to my room. The hotel was booked that night and I had no place to go. They finally found me a place several miles away, and didn't even pay for it!! They made no restitution!!! I didn't get checked in to the other hotel until10:00 pm!!!!!

5 Thank ripstel
Reviewed September 30, 2006

I've been staying in the Mansfield area on business for six months, and the Country Inn & Suites is by far my favorite place to stay in the area. The decor is new and traditionally stylish, beds and pillows VERY comfortable, rooms are immaculately clean, and I have found the front desk to be very helpful, polite and friendly (especially HOLLY). They have a small work-out room, and serve a passable free breakfast in the morning. Starbucks across the street, and many middle-of-the-road restaurants in the area, such as Olive Garden, Outback, TGI Fridays, etc. I recommend Cheddars for reasonable prices, prompt friendly service and good food (love the grilled salmon).

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank NaMacD2
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed August 7, 2005

My husband, three-year old son, and I stayed at the Country Inn and Suites Mansfield for three nights. I was excited about the brand, having stayed at one in Champaign, Illinois. The Mansfield experience, however, did not live up to my expectations.

Positive: Our room was a studio suite, or a bedroom and living room separated by a half-wall. It was clean, well-lit, and well-kept. The bathroom was large, and we had plenty of towels and toiletries. Kudos to our housekeeper, who did an excellent job of servicing our room each day. My husband appreciated the high-speed internet connection, which he used daily to check in with work. In addition to a nice room, we enjoyed each morning's hot breakfast -- waffles, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, yummy sausage biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, etc. The chocolate muffins were good, too.

Negative: I was disappointed in the lack of special touches that had made the Illinois stay so positive. The staff was definitely average. They were not unpleasant, but they made no attempts to exceed expectations. Adding to the sense of average-ness was the lack of warm cookies/snacks available any time during the day (as promised in advertisements), just dusty apples and oranges languishing in a small wicker basket at the desk. The coffee tasted salty (local water?), and the apple juice also had an odd taste we could not label. Finally, the pool temperature was too cold.

Country Inn and Suites definitely had its ups and downs. Nothing was horrendous or trip-spoiling, but I think the atmosphere of the place could use a facelift. (With the exception of our housekeeper, who was friendly and accomodating.) I wouldn't mind staying there again, but I will look at other options when we're back in town.

• Stayed August 2005
5 Thank SafariPooh
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 11, 2005

Very Rude Lady at the front desk, was nice to us but when we went to leave she started talking bad about the staff. Very unprofessional.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member