“Slow to no internet”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Denver, CO
“Slow to no internet”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

The internet connection is intermittent and slow. Add to that desk chairs that can't be adjusted up and you have a hotel to avoid for business trips. I have stayed here in the past-the desk chairs never worked but I don't remember issues with the internet.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank fromdenver
CarlsonRezidor, Online Support Specialist at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Before you book your stay, please know the pool is closed until further notice. Nobody is going to tell you that until after you check in and find the sign on the pool door yourself. This was disappointing, because we were looking forward to using the pool. You had the option to leave the hotel with no penalty, but it is too inconvenient to find another hotel in an unfamiliar area on a last minute notice. I understand things happen, but a simple phone call or email before traveling to the hotel would have been the courteous thing to do.

Other than that issue, this is an average hotel. Stayed in a king whirlpool room. It was fairly nice, except the wood surrounding around the outside of the tub is dated and needs updating/repair. My girlfriend ripped a hole in her pants from a nail sticking out of the wood molding. Also, the fridge was so cold, that the soda cans we left in there overnight exploded from freezing. I'm sure the maid had fun cleaning that up. The whirlpool tub is HUGE! and the king bed is pretty comfortable.

Breakfast was really good as well. Better than any other hotel I have stayed at. However, the breakfast room is a little too small and crowded.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lego2123
Oregon, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Recently stayed at this hotel, we arrived late and were bone tired. At 2:30 in the morning the fire alarm went off, called the front desk and they didn't know anything and then the fire trucks came. They said they didn't know and then the fire alarm went off another 5 times!!!!!! Called the front desk and still knew nothing but they said there was NO fire. Needless to say we got NO sleep. Next morning I wanted to talk to the manager and the poor young girl at the front desk said she was called but didn't call back- I left my number to call me and she never did. What kind of Manger is this to leave some poor girl to deal with all the unhappy guests??? Beside this the breakfast was not good- cold/no choices like eggs & a meat choice- again only sausage gravy and hard biscuits. Used to be so much better- won't ever stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Barb N
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you described in regards to your most recent stay. If you have a moment and wouldn't mind contacting me, I would like to get you taken care of and discuss this issue and get it resolved for you. You may contact me via e-mail at cx_mans@countryinns.com if that would be more convenient for you or you may always call the hotel directly. Thanks again for taking time out to review our hotel!
Bordentown, New Jersey
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We were here for a family funeral and it was very convenient, close to the highway and easy to get to and from everywhere we had to go. We always choose Country Inn & Suites when we travel, and we were happy to find one so close to everything. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, and we had a very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Remember there are extra pillows in the closets!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We wish your stay could have been due to a more positive event, but regardless, we are thrilled that you were able to be comfortable through a difficult time. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you ever return to our area in the future!
Hazel Crest, Illinois
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Me, mother and son stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Mansfield Ohio from August 30, 2013 thru September 02, 2013. We were in town for a family wedding. The rooms were spacious and clean, plenty of towels and tolietrries to go around. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. Area surrounded by restaurants and stores such as Meijer, Target, TJ Max. All within 5-10 minute drive. Extra bonus right off the expressway. We drove in from Chicago, and to get right back on the expressway on the way back was nice. The facility also had an indoor pool and fitness area. Even though my family did not utilize the pool, other families did, and appeared to really enjoy it. Area around the pool was clean. Several family members used the fitness center and was able to get their workout done. I would highly recommend this hotel for families or business traveler. Only one drawback, the breakfast wasn't what I expected. I envisioned a buffet. But it was what was advertised. hot food consisted of eggs, make your own waffles, pancakes, sausage, biscuit, fruit and cereal. It was filling. The woman who oversaw it, made sure nothing ever ran out and kept plates and silverware stocked. Good value for what it is. I would stay there again.

1 Thank robyn r
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel for future guests. Please let us know if you ever need anything should you return to our area in the future.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We enjoyed our first night so we stayed here again. We were in the area doing the Lincoln Hi-way garage sales. (What a blast!) This was a perfect stopping point from Fort Wayne for our first night. We got a King room with an extra area with a couch. It was very nice. The only complaint was it took forever to get the sitting room cool. We had to freeze the bed area before it got cool in the sitting area. Then the ac is one of those either it's negative 10 when it's on and 90 when it's off. But the breakfast was fantastic. Everything you could want including waffles. The hotel overall was very nice and clean.

We hit the road for day number 2 and decided to turn around and head home and stay here again on the way. Why not worked the first night. Tonight we have 2 queen beds and it's just as nice. No couch or chair other than the desk one but works fine. Would suggest staying here and would stay again. Saw the pool it looked very nice. Didn't get in but it's there if you want it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our hotel while on your Lincoln Highway experience .

We look forward to your next stay if you should return to our area!

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Best Regards,
Erin Sloan
Mississippi
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were reluctant to stay here due to a less than stellar experience at a location in West Virginia, but with other hotels being at capacity, we didn't have much of a choice.

Walking in the front doors, it appeared very nice and clean. I LOVE the staircase being wood, though, we did opt for the elevator because we pushing a luggage cart:)

The front desk person was pleasant and friendly and upon checking in, gave us something to get 10% off of Texas Roadhouse.

When we opened the door to our room, it was a tad warm. I turned on the AC, we unloaded the cart, put some bottles of water in the refrigerator, and then went to get dinner.

Now, I will say one thing, many hotel room ACs are pretty slow to cool when they are one of those under the window control things, but THIS room was exceptionally cool by the time we got back from dinner (and we weren't gone long at all). In fact, I NEEDED that large comforter when I went to bed:) BONUS!

The room was VERY clean (Impressively clean!) and since our last experience with this chain, I look VERY carefully upon entering a room. The bed was surprisingly comfortable (more comfortable than your average hotel, I thought). Also loved the beds were queens when many hotels have full/doubles. And...I don't sleep well away from home, but this is only the second time I've ever slept like rock in a hotel (and we do our fair share of roadtrips). The other time was in Lousiville, KY at the Residence Inn.

Pillows weren't the greatest, but I always bring my own (I'm picky like that) and I loved there was a heavier comforter (like a down alternative or something?) on the bed. HOWEVER, if I could change one thing, it would be the the way the comforter is used on the bed. It appears to be in a duvet cover (which seems fine, I guess), but it doubles as a "bed spread" type of thing. Kind of sketchy to think about what may have occurred on the bed in previous nights and then you want to snuggle up with the bed spread. When I did housekeeping while working at Cedar Point in the early 90s, we NEVER changed these types of things daily (sheets yes..blankets/spreads no)........ SO, I was reluctant to snuggle up at Country Inn and Suites, but even having it up half way made for a nice warm night:)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel this weekend! Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel for future travelers. We hope that you will think of us if you ever return to the Mansfield area. Please do not hesitate to let me know if you need anything else. Enjoy your summer!