“Suprise get-a-way!”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Mansfield, Ohio
“Suprise get-a-way!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

A birthday suprise for my husband was the most relaxing birthday. We stayed in a king-whirlpool suite. The sheets were clean and crisp on a very comfortable bed. The pillows were very fluffy. The whirlpool was the largest we've ever had in a hotel. The hotel was exceptionally clean. The bathroom was clean and had all the toiletries we needed. The complimentary breakfast was outstanding. Oatmeal with several toppings to choose from. Yogurt with granola. Fresh fruit salad + apples, oranges and bananas. Omelets, waffles, ham, bagels, toast, danish. It was a huge selection of items for breakfast. An indoor pool and workout room. Our lives are so very busy, and for 20 hours we had a relaxing, enjoyable stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to complete a review for our hotel. We are extremely happy that you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us. Sometimes it is can be difficult to take time out to really enjoy moments like those and we are so thrilled you chose our hotel to do so. Please do not hesitate to allow us to accommodate you the next time you are able to get away.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed October 6, 2012

Set up a wedding block in September. Great communication with management & sales dept. No issues.
Everything was up to the Country Inn & Suites standards. Location is a plus being one block from I-30 and surrounded by many restaurants. Breakfast was busy, but being worked by the staff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We are so thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your wedding pary did as well! We absolutely love being part of joyous occasions such as yours. Please let us know if we can accommodate you in the future! Thanks again!
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Staff was very friendly and I really appreciated the cozy interior design. Not my personal style, but so much more inviting than other chains in the same price range. And there are even snacks and cookies at the check in desk! They also had an excellent continental breakfast with a nice, large dining area. Our room was very clean and though we were in the room when housekeeping came through, they left a lovely basket of towels, toiletries and coffee bar supplies outside the door. There is also a nice pool area (once again, nicer than other chains) and workout room. The only disappointment was no whirlpool at the pool. But very minor with all considered. Also, they offer some great rates if you book through one of bargain travel websites.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LGeb11
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your most recent stay at our hotel. Please contact us should you need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area!
Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because of a wedding that was in the area. We booked it because of the close proximity to where we needed to be. I booked through an Internet site, although we got a good deal I should have been wary, we arrived and the only available room for my Internet price was a smoking room. The people behind me in line asked for non smoking too and because they didn't get the " discount price " received one. We had to go to meijers across the street and buy fabreeze and scented candles just to be able to stay in the room, oh, and a fly swatter to kill the flies in the room. I thought that would be the only issues we had, but alas no, the pool is in sore need of updating, water is rusty looking and tiles falling off the pool. Even though they advertise free wifi, it was not available either. Save yourself a headache and stay down the road, you may pay Alittle more but you'll probably have a much better experience.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Tydi
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that the reservation outlet you used to make your reservation unfortunately booked the last room available which is typically smoking in cases when we are close to maximum capacity. They often add notes that a guest may prefer a non smoking room, but is not always available. If you have a moment and would like to contact me directly, I would love to discuss your stay more in depth as our guest's satisfaction is my top priority. Please feel free to e-mail me directly at cx_mans@countryinns.com or call the hotel directly.
Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!
Katonah, New York
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had just stayed at another of the chain's properties so i wasn't looking forward to this 4 night stay. Turned out to be pretty good. Tv was good, Internet worked, staff was friendly and breakfast was decent. There are other similarly priced chains that I much prefer (Hampton Inns, Courtyard, etc.

One pet peeve.... I hate having 5 small pillows. Give me two or three normal size pillows please!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank mapman521
, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your concerns about the pillows that are currently offered in our rooms and will forward this to our corporate office for consideration. Please let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area. Have a great summer!
Mansfield, Ohio
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at this location for business for months. Best service, always clean, quite, friendly employees! Breakfast was always hot and fresh!
Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Harry C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thanks Harry! We really enjoyed your visit and all of the great people you brought in to train at your facility. We look forward to seeing you in the future should you ever need a room again in the Mansfield Area!!! Thanks again.
Dublin, Ohio, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel was perfect. I was in town for a 3 day exam for nursing school, so I needed somewhere to unwind in between sessions. The lobby has a stone fireplace that feels homey, with free cookies and snacks sitting out. There is a breakfast room and a continental breakfast...I didnt' get to try the food because I had to be at the hospital around 6am every morning. My room was clean and had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker which made it convenient to bring my own food and snacks. The location is AWESOME. I had never been to Mansfield and didn't realize it had so much, but the road the hotel is on has any restaurant or store you could want and even a mall. There is actually a Taco Bell and Panera Bread in walking distance. There is a decent workout room and a pool. My only complaint is that there was no sauna/hot tub in the pool area. Every time I entered or left the hotel, the employees greeted me and were friendly. They even accomodated my needs by letting me check in early.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Tracy C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel for your most recent stay. We are so glad that you were able to relax and unwind during your exams. Our goal is to provide a clean, caring, and comfortable environment for our guests so that you can enjoy your time at our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area because we definately look forward to seeing you again!