“Cozy Stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Staff was very friendly and I really appreciated the cozy interior design. Not my personal style, but so much more inviting than other chains in the same price range. And there are even snacks and cookies at the check in desk! They also had an excellent continental breakfast with a nice, large dining area. Our room was very clean and though we were in the room when housekeeping came through, they left a lovely basket of towels, toiletries and coffee bar supplies outside the door. There is also a nice pool area (once again, nicer than other chains) and workout room. The only disappointment was no whirlpool at the pool. But very minor with all considered. Also, they offer some great rates if you book through one of bargain travel websites.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LGeb11
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your most recent stay at our hotel. Please contact us should you need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here because of a wedding that was in the area. We booked it because of the close proximity to where we needed to be. I booked through an Internet site, although we got a good deal I should have been wary, we arrived and the only available room for my Internet price was a smoking room. The people behind me in line asked for non smoking too and because they didn't get the " discount price " received one. We had to go to meijers across the street and buy fabreeze and scented candles just to be able to stay in the room, oh, and a fly swatter to kill the flies in the room. I thought that would be the only issues we had, but alas no, the pool is in sore need of updating, water is rusty looking and tiles falling off the pool. Even though they advertise free wifi, it was not available either. Save yourself a headache and stay down the road, you may pay Alittle more but you'll probably have a much better experience.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tydi
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that the reservation outlet you used to make your reservation unfortunately booked the last room available which is typically smoking in cases when we are close to maximum capacity. They often add notes that a guest may prefer a non smoking room, but is not always available. If you have a moment and would like to contact me directly, I would love to discuss your stay more in depth as our guest's satisfaction is my top priority. Please feel free to e-mail me directly at cx_mans@countryinns.com or call the hotel directly.
Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had just stayed at another of the chain's properties so i wasn't looking forward to this 4 night stay. Turned out to be pretty good. Tv was good, Internet worked, staff was friendly and breakfast was decent. There are other similarly priced chains that I much prefer (Hampton Inns, Courtyard, etc.

One pet peeve.... I hate having 5 small pillows. Give me two or three normal size pillows please!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mapman521
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your concerns about the pillows that are currently offered in our rooms and will forward this to our corporate office for consideration. Please let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area. Have a great summer!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at this location for business for months. Best service, always clean, quite, friendly employees! Breakfast was always hot and fresh!
Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Harry C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thanks Harry! We really enjoyed your visit and all of the great people you brought in to train at your facility. We look forward to seeing you in the future should you ever need a room again in the Mansfield Area!!! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel was perfect. I was in town for a 3 day exam for nursing school, so I needed somewhere to unwind in between sessions. The lobby has a stone fireplace that feels homey, with free cookies and snacks sitting out. There is a breakfast room and a continental breakfast...I didnt' get to try the food because I had to be at the hospital around 6am every morning. My room was clean and had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker which made it convenient to bring my own food and snacks. The location is AWESOME. I had never been to Mansfield and didn't realize it had so much, but the road the hotel is on has any restaurant or store you could want and even a mall. There is actually a Taco Bell and Panera Bread in walking distance. There is a decent workout room and a pool. My only complaint is that there was no sauna/hot tub in the pool area. Every time I entered or left the hotel, the employees greeted me and were friendly. They even accomodated my needs by letting me check in early.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracy C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel for your most recent stay. We are so glad that you were able to relax and unwind during your exams. Our goal is to provide a clean, caring, and comfortable environment for our guests so that you can enjoy your time at our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area because we definately look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed in multiple Hotels for business.....This hotel stands out from the lot. The overall experience including the value, receive my highest rating I can give...

Room Tip: Reserve one of the suites that have a separate bedroom, feels more like an Apt.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always look forward to your weekly visits and appreciate you choosing our Country Inn & Suites as we know you have several options in our area. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty.
As always, please do not hesitate should you need assistance with accommodations with future reservations or have any other questions, concerns, or comments in regard to our hotel so that we may better serve you!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

was checked in to room 212 for two nights.
i am not a fussy customer, but why they would rent this room to any paying customer is beyond me.
the room is situated directly above the DOUBLE set of automatic sliding doors. everytime someone enters or leaves or steps near the front door (which includes anyone checking into the hotel) i could hear four loud thumps of each set of doors opening and closing. I was tired and tried to ignore..long story short awake till 3am to the sound of never ceasing thud of opening and closing doors. the room being right next to the stairway also allows you to hear every customer stomping up the stairs. My wife also was woken up due to the noise and unable to get back to sleep. So stay away from 212 and 214 you have been warned...i truly have a high tolerance for inconveniences but this was beyond intolerable.
I switched rooms the next morning. the front desk attendant was very sympathetic and apologetic and could not have been more gracious.
the continental breakfast offered was the best ive seen at any hotel.. hot foods beyond waffles! ready made oatmeal, a yogurt bar and a great selection of fruit and cereals...the excellent breakfast helped make up for the sleepless night. A great offering for children and adults!
this hotel is very convenient to hwy 30, and numerous restaurants around.
if you like pillows you may want to bring one..4 very small pillows for a king bed.
i would reccomend the hotel and would stay again but would make sure not to stay in 212 or 214 and maybe bring another pillow!

Room Tip: stay away from 212 and 214 - the noise level is beyond intolerable. Management should be ashamed fo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gary o
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

I apologize for the delay in the response as I recently took over as the General Manager at the Country Inn & Suites in Mansfield.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. If you have a moment, please feel free to e-mail or call me personally so that we could futher discuss this issue.
We would love to see you the next time you are in our area! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,