“Good choice”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I had just stayed at another of the chain's properties so i wasn't looking forward to this 4 night stay. Turned out to be pretty good. Tv was good, Internet worked, staff was friendly and breakfast was decent. There are other similarly priced chains that I much prefer (Hampton Inns, Courtyard, etc.

One pet peeve.... I hate having 5 small pillows. Give me two or three normal size pillows please!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank mapman521
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your concerns about the pillows that are currently offered in our rooms and will forward this to our corporate office for consideration. Please let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area. Have a great summer!

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed at this location for business for months. Best service, always clean, quite, friendly employees! Breakfast was always hot and fresh!
Thanks to the entire staff!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Harry C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thanks Harry! We really enjoyed your visit and all of the great people you brought in to train at your facility. We look forward to seeing you in the future should you ever need a room again in the Mansfield Area!!! Thanks again.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

This hotel was perfect. I was in town for a 3 day exam for nursing school, so I needed somewhere to unwind in between sessions. The lobby has a stone fireplace that feels homey, with free cookies and snacks sitting out. There is a breakfast room and a continental breakfast...I didnt' get to try the food because I had to be at the hospital around 6am every morning. My room was clean and had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker which made it convenient to bring my own food and snacks. The location is AWESOME. I had never been to Mansfield and didn't realize it had so much, but the road the hotel is on has any restaurant or store you could want and even a mall. There is actually a Taco Bell and Panera Bread in walking distance. There is a decent workout room and a pool. My only complaint is that there was no sauna/hot tub in the pool area. Every time I entered or left the hotel, the employees greeted me and were friendly. They even accomodated my needs by letting me check in early.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tracy C
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel for your most recent stay. We are so glad that you were able to relax and unwind during your exams. Our goal is to provide a clean, caring, and comfortable environment for our guests so that you can enjoy your time at our hotel.
Please do not hesitate to let me know if you ever need assistance with accommodations the next time you are in our area because we definately look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I have stayed in multiple Hotels for business.....This hotel stands out from the lot. The overall experience including the value, receive my highest rating I can give...

Room Tip: Reserve one of the suites that have a separate bedroom, feels more like an Apt.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We always look forward to your weekly visits and appreciate you choosing our Country Inn & Suites as we know you have several options in our area. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty.
As always, please do not hesitate should you need assistance with accommodations with future reservations or have any other questions, concerns, or comments in regard to our hotel so that we may better serve you!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

was checked in to room 212 for two nights.
i am not a fussy customer, but why they would rent this room to any paying customer is beyond me.
the room is situated directly above the DOUBLE set of automatic sliding doors. everytime someone enters or leaves or steps near the front door (which includes anyone checking into the hotel) i could hear four loud thumps of each set of doors opening and closing. I was tired and tried to ignore..long story short awake till 3am to the sound of never ceasing thud of opening and closing doors. the room being right next to the stairway also allows you to hear every customer stomping up the stairs. My wife also was woken up due to the noise and unable to get back to sleep. So stay away from 212 and 214 you have been warned...i truly have a high tolerance for inconveniences but this was beyond intolerable.
I switched rooms the next morning. the front desk attendant was very sympathetic and apologetic and could not have been more gracious.
the continental breakfast offered was the best ive seen at any hotel.. hot foods beyond waffles! ready made oatmeal, a yogurt bar and a great selection of fruit and cereals...the excellent breakfast helped make up for the sleepless night. A great offering for children and adults!
this hotel is very convenient to hwy 30, and numerous restaurants around.
if you like pillows you may want to bring one..4 very small pillows for a king bed.
i would reccomend the hotel and would stay again but would make sure not to stay in 212 or 214 and maybe bring another pillow!

Room Tip: stay away from 212 and 214 - the noise level is beyond intolerable. Management should be ashamed fo...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gary o
esloan, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Mansfield, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

I apologize for the delay in the response as I recently took over as the General Manager at the Country Inn & Suites in Mansfield.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent stay with us. If you have a moment, please feel free to e-mail or call me personally so that we could futher discuss this issue.
We would love to see you the next time you are in our area! Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel and I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Best Regards,
Erin Sloan
cx_mans@countryinns.com

Reviewed August 30, 2011

Stayed for one night with the family. Booked a 1br suite room for the added room.

Tvs are still tube tv's but ok.

Breakfast was good but the food area was a little tight. But that leaves more room for seating I guess.

Pool is a bit small.

Overall nice and clean and exactly what you expect from a country inn and suites.

• Stayed: August 2011

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review for our hotel.
Just wanted to let you know that we are currently in the process of updating the TV's to 32" flat panel LCD televisions. This upgrade should be complete by the end of this year and we currently half 50% of our current rooms upgraded.
We hope to see you the next time you are in our area!

Reviewed October 4, 2010

We've stayed in other Country Inn and Suites locations and they've been more than simply acceptable...this one is borderline.

We had a king suite (paid extra for it on purpose), and when we got there we noticed several greasy-looking stains of some sort on the single armchair, un-vacuumed borders around all the carpeting, some sort of whitish (probably "biological") crusty residue on the duvet cover...in short, just generally haphazard cleaning and shabbiness of the furnishings. Right after we entered the room, we got a call from the desk asking if everything was OK...we asked for a replacement comforter, and she said she'd try to find one for us, but never did. Nor did she call us back...we ended up turning the one we had inside out.

Breakfast was pre-made frozen cheese omelets (heated and served warm..a step above the last property we were at where you had to nuke them yourself), sausage patties (also served warm), and the usual complement of hotel breakfast cereals, breads, juices, and pastries.

There's a microwave and 'fridge...the temperature in the 'fridge was set to "barely cool," which we did not realize until a couple hours AFTER we put our late night snack yogurt in there.

We were on the first floor right next to the business center, and the floor felt like the carpet was installed right over the concrete slab...lumpy and bumpy and cold.

On the good side, it WAS quiet...probably because hardly anyone was in the hotel.

We've noticed glowing reviews of this place from a couple of years ago, but it looks like it has suffered from lackluster management in the intervening time. In short, we paid a first-rate price for a second-rate room, and while I wouldn't caution people to actually avoid this particular Country Inn, I'm not going to recommend it, either.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple