“Not recommended AT ALL”

Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Pennsylvania
“Not recommended AT ALL”
Reviewed August 1, 2006

We stopped late at night passing through the area. The front desk person was not friendly at all. The room was dingy with burn holes, a run down stove and no hot water in the shower. It was so late we decided not to say anything until we checked out inthe morning. When we mentioned the shower the next day the staff was rude and offered no apology or compensation. I definitely do NOT recommend this hotel.

Stayed March 2006
1 Thank shantazulu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 8, 2005

Each year, we travel from East Tennessee to Mansfield, Ohio for a club show and stay at a near-by motel. This year (2005), I didn't get my booking in the usual hotel soon enough and it was full so I had to select another one. No problem, I thought.........and to Hotels I went to see what would seem easy enough to find - and get back and forth from the show's location without getting lost. After comparing several motel's addresses on mapquest to our show location, I decided on the Econo Lodge at Koogle Road in Mansfield.

We were there to check in on April 30th, a little after 1pm. No one else was at the hotel, in respect to guests - they had all checked out. The clerk (who I expect was also the owner) ignored our Hotels reservation and gave us a room that was other than what we'd chosen at Hotels. After about half an hour of arguments about it, he gave us a non-smoking room on the ground floor as had been originally booked. We went around to put our things in the room so we could proceed on to the show, which began at 2pm. Our room pass key would not work! The door from the back of the hotel to the lobby was locked so we had to go back around to the front again. The clerk took us thru the inside lobby and unlocked the door for us using his key from the inner hallway and let us in the room. Our outside door pass key would not work for him either. So, I asked for another room that our key would work in as we'd be returning later in the night - his reply, "I don't have another room to give you." What? Only one non-smoking room in the whole hotel? - or - as I looked at the empty parking lot and wondered, who was using up all the other rooms? So, altho frustrated, we let it go. Then I used the restroom - someone had urinated in the toliet (stinking nasty dark yellow) and it apparently had remained that way for some time - making a ring on the inside of the bowl. Disgusting! There was no toliet paper, nor a remote for the TV, altho it was included in the room's price and I had been charged extra for it. The room was overcrowded with furniture - there were three tables with chairs (? - were they thinking we were also giving a dinner party) a dresser, a desk and built-in sink/stove/frig (that we had NOT asked for). There was barely room to walk around all of it to get to anything. Later that night, the girl at the desk - who also had to let us in our room - after shrugging -gave us a remote for the TV and we bought our own toliet paper. The outside entrance to the ice maker was locked - and again, we had to go all the way around the building to the lobby to access the ice maker and vending machines there. The shower was not cleaned from previous guests and the shower curtain was covered with scum........ And everytime we went to our car, to get back in - we had to block the door open with a chair (or walk all the way around the motel again). Plus, they were comparible in price to other motels with pools and complimentary breakfast - but had neither.

After I got back home, I contacted Hotels and advised them that they may want to consider removing this particular motel from their selections. I noticed today that it is still there - but I would not recommend it to ANYONE. Motel 6 is the Taj Mahal compared to this place. They did, however, suggest I post a review of my stay here, on this website, as a review. So, here it is!

I had never stayed at an Econo Lodge before, but one thing is for sure - I'll never stay at this motel again - anywhere!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 27, 2004

This motel is clean, once you are inside, and decent for a facility in this price range. The pool appears permanently closed, as is some facility (tavern/restaurant?) in the front lot. The motel is located behind a health spa and there is a gentleman's club about a quarter mile away. Breakfast included a self serve waffle maker. If the area is OK with you (these are the only three things at this interstate exit), I wouldn't be reluctant to stay here, but don't bring the kids unless you are prepared to explain the neighborhood...

7 Thank Travelmuch2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
Quality Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 6 in Ashland

Been to Heritage Inn? Share your experiences!