“A nice surprise”

Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Newark, New York
“A nice surprise”
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

En route to Texas we were looking for a cheap but decent place to relax and get a good nights sleep. We had a coupon and are very used to hearing, "We don't have any if THOSE rooms left". Well this place had plenty of rooms and honored our coupon without adding all the 'surprise' taxes on! The room was very basic but for the price, well worth the stay. Staff was very friendly and helpful too!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Chevymom4x4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for a basic comfortable clean and quiet place for a nights rest, this is it. I had a coupon and it was readily honored with no excessive taxes added on like many motels do. The room was very basic but just what we were looking for and a super deal. Staff were friendly and helpful too!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Anita R
West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is just a little motel but it was very clean although the carpet needs replaced. Quiet and the man at the desk was helpful. We got there late. The only place close to there to eat was a little bar/restaurant which the front desk recommended. Only thing bad was that they didn't serve sandwiches - only appetizers and dinners.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BLONDECKS
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I had scheduled/reserved a room through Heritage Inn's website in April for an event in August, knowing well ahead of time that I would need a room. Everything seemed great, I recieved a confirmation email and everything. However, upon showing up to stay in our hotel on August 2nd, I was informed that our reservation had been cancelled. When I asked for more information on the cancellation, I was told that I "must have cancelled it myself". This was not possible, and I explained so, only to have the same phrase thrown at me again. I asked for information to contact their booking/website agent, and when contacted, was told that the cancellation was done from a different IP than my own home address (where I had made the reservation), and that only the hotel could cancel the reservations.

I never recieved a cancellation notification; no email, phone call, nor text was sent to myself. The manager at the hotel told me bluntly that he could not/would not do anything and continued to disregard any responsibility for the incident. He also did not seem to understand the gravity of the situation - we were currently in an area that was completely sold out, hotel-wise, due to an event that weekend. We also had traveled from nearly 3 hours away.

I'm very disappointed in how this incident was handled - not only was my complaint waived off, but the blame was placed on myself (despite proof showing I hadn't cancelled the reservation), the hotel manager decided to do nothing, nor attempt to assist myself in fixing this issue.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank 629whitneyr
Clinton Township, Michigan
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My hubby and I rolled into Mansfield around 1am and not knowing the city or which part was safe to stay in or not we were very pleased with the Heritage Inn of Mansfield. It was clean and very affordable!!! We got a coupon out of the books you pick up at the OH welcome center. There were only 2 pillows on our bed and we prefer more. The beds are comfortable and the room was very clean. We inspected for bed bugs very well and did not find any signs. We had no fear or concerns and agreed we would stay there again if ever back in the area!!!!

Room Tip: Remember folks its legal to smoke in hotels in OH still. So they are all going to stink a little lik...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed May 10, 2013

You get a room, nice staff and pastries/coffee/juice for breakfast. It was clean and the price was right for the three of us. We stayed there for one night while on the way to the Ohio Tough Mudder. We arrived in the early evening and the third joined around midnight. They were kind enough to bring out some breakfast foods early because we had to leave before it started.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Fairview Park
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times over the years (while it went through several ownerships) and
have had a consistently pleasant stay. Current operators have maintained the quality service, and offer clean, comfortable rooms at a very economical price. Immediate surroundings of the site are a little rough around the edges, but the motel itself is well worth visiting.

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from I-71 offer a pleasant, rural landscape.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business