“Good Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
A TripAdvisor Member
pekin, il
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Stayed at this LQ on way to Connecticut. Rooms were clean and the personnel was very pleasant and helpful. Being it was a last minute reservation, we had to take a smoking room, which is alright as I'm a smoker, but the whole floor reeked of smoke, will not do that again. Stayed again on the way back and got a non smoking room and it was fine. Will stay again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Clean, comfortable and close to Mid Ohio race track.

Clean room and bathroom, comfortable bed and pillows and the facility is close to Mid - Ohio race track (15 minutes). Wifi is free. There was also the added convenience of having a Walmart next door for all the last minute things we forgot. Basic breakfast is included as well.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BH-ontario
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I reserved with this hotel on 6/18/14 to arrive on 6/27/14. On 6/23/14 a charge to my credit card for 106.46 was applied. 1. I hadn't checked in yet. 2. This was not remotely close to the room rate I was quoted. When I contacted their frontdesk, I was basically told I was a leir about the charge. "There are no charges to your account mam!" I spoke to 3 different people on 3 different occassions. When I spoke to "Kerry" she was rude, argumentative, and had no resolution, until I told her to take a night off of my 2 rooms, totally over $500.00 for the weekend. She had no empathy for the situation, to include arguing with me that for 12 years she has worked there and this never happens. I gave her the benefit of the doubt to get to the bottom of the problem by the time I checked in. Upon checking in, she was rude, didn't introduce herself, and had a serious attitude problem. Telling me that my card was charged to someone elses room, and my funds would be available w/in 7-10 days. Not acceptable considering they had no problem charging my credit card to someone elses room. (A Ghost room at that, her words) She stated that she was "already" refunding me MY money what more did I want. I cancelled the reservation, told her I would handle it at a corporate level. When I explained to her that this is how identity theft happens she just shrugged her shoulders. This is the worst experience I have ever had a Laquinta.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. There are plenty of other hotels in the area.
1  Thank Heather R
Reviewed June 25, 2014

1  Thank SnoQueen11
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We recently stayed here for two nights with our dogs. The hotel is very pet friendly, regardless of size. The room was spacious and clean. Breakfast is nothing special but sufficient. Price is not too bad. I would give 5 stars but in the middle of our second night there, the air conditioner in our room stopped working. We didn't say anything about it because we were going to be leaving the next morning anyway but I can camp for much cheaper if I don't want an AC. Breakfast was crowded and filled with pushy people in the morning which was no fault of the hotel. However, Fox News was on TV in the breakfast area and that is not what I want to watch with my coffee.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Stop at LaQuinta in Mansfield, OH on return trip to the NY Catskills. Stayed at LaQuinta because Mansfield was a good stopping point, and I could use my LaQuinta points to pay for my room. Room and hotel services were the average LaQuinta. The supplies in the bathroom were old and tired.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is close to I-71 and easy to find, however it is well soundproofed and we experienced no freeway noise. The front desk staff is knowledgeable of the area and extremely helpful in providing directions. We were interested in Antiques, and the clerk on duty went out of her way to give us directions to the antique stores in the area

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple