“Well worth a detour off the highway!”
Review of Doc's Deli

Doc's Deli
Ranked #8 of 138 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American, Soups
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: At Doc's, you can let your imagination run wild! Choose from over 100 fresh ingredients to design your own sandwich or salad. If you like your creation, you can give it a name and we can save your recipe. Then, every time you come back to visit, you can order your very own sandwich or salad again and again! We also serve 4 premium soups every day.
Florissant, Missouri
“Well worth a detour off the highway!”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We found this through Tripadvisor and made a short detour from our road trip just to check it out. I have to say it was well worth the effort!! An unassuming old brick storefront across from the regional hospital, it still retains a little of its history with a Guestbook for folks who remember the original "Doc" and his store. The sandwich offerings are widely varied and (as a previous review stated) fresh and creative. Our party of six each had something different and all of us agreed it was a real winner! Delicious food, friendly and welcoming staff (in hospital scrubs!!!) It's little gems like Doc's Deli that can brighten up an otherwise dreary day on the highway.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Saruman1
Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thanks for the helpful review, and especially thanks for driving off the beaten path to find us! We always love it when travelers visit and share their stories with us :D

Sandusky,
“Friendly Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The atmosphere was super friendly, the food was fantastic and worth every penny. I loved they had more than just your average selection of food, including sides, soups, salads, and deserts.

• Visited April 2014
Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for the helpful review!
Mansfield, Ohio
“Fresh, Creative Sandwiches”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Doc's is an excellent spot for lunch. The Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup is excellent. They offer plenty of fun sandwich options such as the Boba Fett and the Dr. Phil and also let you build your own, which can be overwhelming because of all of the meats, cheeses, breads, inventive sauces, and toppings you get to choose from (avocados, walnuts, apples, sprouts, roasted red peppers, etc). The service isn't always the fastest, but the food is worth the wait.

• Visited March 2014
Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Thank you for the review, Cassandra! I also want to thank you for pointing out that fresh, made-to-order sandwiches and salads take a bit longer to make than pre-made fast food. While we realize that a lot of our customers are visiting us during their limited lunch times and we do our best to provide the fastest possible service, we also take pride in offering the freshest ingredients. At times this means that it may take longer to incorporate the fresh vegetables and other fresh ingredients for custom-made orders.

Thanks again for providing a helpful review, and we hope to see you soon at Doc's!
Ashland, Ohio
“Super yummy! A great find in an area with a lot of sub par food options”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

My mother and I went to Doc's for the first time yesterday after finding it through Yelp. I got the $5.00 weekly special-a cup of soup and a grilled cheese. The Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup was as good as everyone says, and the grilled cheese was a generous size for the price-though next time I think I would pay for extra cheese as I tend to like very cheesy grilled cheese! My mom got the Ancho Ranch chicken sandwich and we both thought it was phenomenal. The staff was very friendly, the environment is quite nice and I really appreciated the cold filtered water that they have available to customers. I look forward to going back again!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Gwen N
Cleveland, Ohio
“not impressed”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stopped by this week for a first visit. Expected a delicious ample deli sandwich based on Trip Advisor ratings but was quite disappointed.
First off there was hair in one sandwich of the six our group ordered. Wear hair nets or caps or something please!
Second this is a deli. They charge $6.59 for a sandwich. It's not stacked high with meat or ingredients, there is no pickle included, no chips, no slaw, just an average sized sandwich for $6.59. Terribly overpriced for the quantity and quality. Flavor was good but no better than what my mother could make in her kitchen.
The clam chowder was watery and had a cajun seasoning that didn't compliment the soup.
The roasted pepper soup was good.
Small cup of potato soup extra for another $2.50+. Nothing to get excited about.
Looking past the hair in the sandwich (a major turnoff), Doc's was a thumbs down. Four people on my tab $32 and we left hungry. Not the deli style I'm used to in Cleveland where the meat is piled high and chips or slaw and a pickle can be had for same $.

• Visited December 2013
Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
So sorry your visit to Doc's Deli was not up to your standards. If you give us the opportunity to serve you again I hope you will allow us to compensate you for the unfortunate experience with the sandwich. I will certainly take your suggestions into account to help us improve our menu. Thank you for your contribution!