“Fresh, Creative Sandwiches”

Doc's Deli
Ranked #7 of 140 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: At Doc's, you can let your imagination run wild! Choose from over 100 fresh ingredients to design your own sandwich or salad. If you like your creation, you can give it a name and we can save your recipe. Then, every time you come back to visit, you can order your very own sandwich or salad again and again! We also serve 4 premium soups every day.
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Doc's is an excellent spot for lunch. The Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup is excellent. They offer plenty of fun sandwich options such as the Boba Fett and the Dr. Phil and also let you build your own, which can be overwhelming because of all of the meats, cheeses, breads, inventive sauces, and toppings you get to choose from (avocados, walnuts, apples, sprouts, roasted red peppers, etc). The service isn't always the fastest, but the food is worth the wait.

Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Thank you for the review, Cassandra! I also want to thank you for pointing out that fresh, made-to-order sandwiches and salads take a bit longer to make than pre-made fast food. While we realize that a lot of our customers are visiting us during their limited lunch times and we do our best to provide the fastest possible service, we also take pride in offering the freshest ingredients. At times this means that it may take longer to incorporate the fresh vegetables and other fresh ingredients for custom-made orders.

Thanks again for providing a helpful review, and we hope to see you soon at Doc's!

There are newer reviews for Doc's Deli

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My mother and I went to Doc's for the first time yesterday after finding it through Yelp. I got the $5.00 weekly special-a cup of soup and a grilled cheese. The Red Pepper and Smoked Gouda soup was as good as everyone says, and the grilled cheese was a generous size for the price-though next time I think I would pay for extra cheese as I tend to like very cheesy grilled cheese! My mom got the Ancho Ranch chicken sandwich and we both thought it was phenomenal. The staff was very friendly, the environment is quite nice and I really appreciated the cold filtered water that they have available to customers. I look forward to going back again!

1  Thank Gwen N
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Stopped by this week for a first visit. Expected a delicious ample deli sandwich based on Trip Advisor ratings but was quite disappointed.
First off there was hair in one sandwich of the six our group ordered. Wear hair nets or caps or something please!
Second this is a deli. They charge $6.59 for a sandwich. It's not stacked high with meat or ingredients, there is no pickle included, no chips, no slaw, just an average sized sandwich for $6.59. Terribly overpriced for the quantity and quality. Flavor was good but no better than what my mother could make in her kitchen.
The clam chowder was watery and had a cajun seasoning that didn't compliment the soup.
The roasted pepper soup was good.
Small cup of potato soup extra for another $2.50+. Nothing to get excited about.
Looking past the hair in the sandwich (a major turnoff), Doc's was a thumbs down. Four people on my tab $32 and we left hungry. Not the deli style I'm used to in Cleveland where the meat is piled high and chips or slaw and a pickle can be had for same $.

Susan V, Owner at Doc's Deli, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

So sorry your visit to Doc's Deli was not up to your standards. If you give us the opportunity to serve you again I hope you will allow us to compensate you for the unfortunate experience with the sandwich. I will certainly take your suggestions into account to help us improve our menu. Thank you for your contribution!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

My wife & I were traveling through the area and checked Tripadvisor for a place to eat. I'm glad we did! Doc's is an excellent value. The food was delicious and the service was very friendly and great! I would highly recommend it if you're in the area!!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

My family all loves to eat at Doc's, and the food and service are always good. As someone who eats out regularly, the prices keep us from eating there on a regular basis but if we want to treat ourselves this is one of our top picks. I understand that since they use high-quality and unusual ingredients their prices are a little higher than most area restaurants so in that aspect the pricing is reasonable. I love that everything is made to order so you get exactly what you want, and you can get many things here that are simply not offered anywhere else in the area. The owner and staff are always pleasant and welcoming. They are an asset to our community!

Been to Doc's Deli? Share your experiences!