“Super Lake Erie Perch”

Oak Park Tavern
Ranked #19 of 138 Restaurants in Mansfield
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Oak Park is Richland County's oldest supper club, originating in 1940. We offer fine dining in a casual atmosphere with full service. Oak Park is Famous for its Lake Erie Yellow Perch as well as hand cut steaks. The menu offers a wide variety of seafood, hand-cut steaks, chicken, burgers all prepared from scratch with the freshest ingredients available.
Medina
“Super Lake Erie Perch”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Today my daughter and I were on our way home from Springfield, OH. to Medina. My son had just recently been to the Oak Park Tavern and raved about how good everything was. Feeling the need to eat lunch, we decided to give it a try.

First of all it is only 5 minutes off of I-71 at the Rte. 30 exit.

When you arrive, it is not much to look at. In fact we almost drove by it. But don't go by looks as it's whats inside that counts.....and that's great food.

I enjoy fish but when it comes to perch, there is only one kind that I will eat....and that is Lake Erie perch. Well they have it and it is Outstanding!!!! It is lightly battered and fried. My daughter had the shrimp which she was very happy with.

And the service....WOW!!! It was great. Our server (Patty) was great and never missed a beat. She is probably one of the best that I have ever had....just a genuinely nice person.

Looks like I will be making some road trips from Medina to Mansfield every now and then.

NOTE: On Friday and Saturday nights RESERVATIONS ARE A MUST!

• Visited October 2013

Lexington, Ohio
“Excellent Food, where you would not expect it”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is really good. From the road you wonder if you are driving up to a roadside bar. But the food is outstanding. The price point is low. And the service is good..... Definitely an excellent place to dine.

• Visited March 2013
Richmond, Kentucky
“WORTH THE DRIVE!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were looking for a restaurant with a local flavor and picked Oak Park Tavern from a hotel brochure. It was about a 15 minute drive from Mansfield, but well worth it. From the outside the restaurant looks a little old, but once inside it has a warm, comfortable atmosphere. We shared an appetizer: a soft pretzel with a delightful dipping sauce. I had the crab stuffed shrimp which was lightly fried and very tasty. My husband had the Lake Erie yellow perch, the specialty of the house, also lightly breaded and fried. Both meals were excellent, and the price was reasonable. The service was great. Our waitress was attentive and checked on us several times during the meal. Really enjoyed it!

• Visited May 2013
Ashland, Ohio
“Always a good meal!!!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We helped celebrate a 50th Anniversary this past weekend and the food was all extremely good and the service was AWESOME...We sat in the back banquet room because we had som many people. The waitresses were so nice and accomadating especially for this large of a crowd. The only negative thing I can say is I wish they were larger..They sure can make the drinks too.

• Visited January 2013
“Not a strip mall in sight”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Off the beaten path. Found via internet while returning to Columbus from Cleveland. Love to avoid chains. Server very friendly & cordial. Lake perch and pork tenderloin ample and delicious. My coffee very good and my wife's drink well made. Will definitely stop again.

• Visited December 2012