“Grungy but some positives”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel 6 Mansfield

Motel 6 Mansfield
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Santa Cruz, California
“Grungy but some positives”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I'm a Motel 6 fan, and this one rated at the low end of the species. It was very large (4 big, separate buildings) but only 5% full on 25 Aug. 2013. It was nice and cheap which is always a key bonus for Motel 6. My room was huge and included a microwave and fridge which is very rare in a Motel 6. The room was so grungy i kept my flip-flops on. Watching my dog sniff the carpet as if it were a Pet Area in a Rest Stop convinced me there were things on the rug i didn't want my bare feet on. My bed was very comfy, and there was a very safe fenced area for my dog by the back building. It served my purposes.

Room Tip: The back building was best for my dog.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chambersburg
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

Staff was nice and tried to be helpful. Big issue was smell of room-apparently they wash all the linens together so the room smells like smoke. They spread us out so we didn't hear other guests, but there was some noise from the road. Very convenient to Rte 30.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lockport, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Looked like the room was built by amateurs, you could see holes where the walls and ceilings should join. Not very clean either, didn't want to touch anything as carpet was disgusting. I reserved a King sized room and was given a room with 2 double beds. When I immediatety called the front desk they told me they didn't have a non-smoking king room. When I asked why they didn't tell me this at check in I received no response. Turned out to be a blessing in disguise as the one bed was broken and rocked when you sat on it, so the second bed came in handy. Should have read the other reviews before I made the reservation that day, Thought since i only need the room for a few hours stop-over it would be fine...will know better next time! I would never stay here again and probably will not try Motel 6 again unless it is the only option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Tim M

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Columbus, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013

We reserved a Non-Smoking room for 2 at the Motel 6 Mansfield for One night April 13, 2012. We arrived at the motel, checked in, and went to the room to find that the room we were given was a Smoking room. We went back to the office and requested a Non Smoking room, and also requested a room in a different part of the motel because there seemed to be a lot of permanent quests living in the other section. When we entered our room we noticed it wasn't super clean, but it was tolerable. The place had old fixtures and was quite noisy from road traffic. Motel 6? I'd give it about a 3.5

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start...filthy! The walls are filthy dirty! The carpet is grosse, I will not take my shoes off and walk around! The fridge does not work, the microwave I won't even open...too afraid! Bathroom...YUCK!! Owner...pain in the But! I got a non smoking room because my boyfriend does not smoke & he complained about me smoking outside...really??? I didnt even throw my butts on the ground. i put them in a garbage can...SO WHAT ARE YOU Complaining ABOUT??? but DONT ALL NON SMOKERS WANT ME OUTSIDE SMOKING ANYWAYS??? Then said they would move me to smoking room...but they don't have a smoking room with microwave & fridge! I guess what's the difference, fridge doesn't work and microwave too scary to use anyways! But I did not ask for a smoking room to begin with... Maybe he is afraid me standing outside smoking will frighten away all of the hookers???? I just don't even know what else to say...can't make this stuff up!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Paulajamesdean
genoa ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Are room was dirty , moldy , burn holes in sheets. dirty carpet this was in the first room we was in then we went to another room the room was nasty, smelly, dirty and the next door people was loud , nasty , cars coming and going and drugs and prostitution going on . so went to front desk to ask for another room she said we was in the room to long and then we asked for a refund and they didnt give that to us either so please dont go here you would rather sleep on the street or in your car much better place to be than here .. so then we left and went to the quailty inn across the street we walked in the room and said wow much better much cleaner and wonder staff.. so PLEASE DONT GO HERE .... i'M TELLING YOU THIS FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFTY !!!!

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank shellrobert
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

This place was disgusting. From the long hair that was on most of the towel, to the spider webs in the corner of the wall and the moldy shower. I didn't even want to take my shoes off as I walked around the room.

Upon leaving I questioned the man at the front desk (the Indian guy with messed up teeth) about the safe fee which the safe said I could have removed from my bill upon checkout. He said said he won't remove it unless I pay a $10 pet fee for bringing my dog. I told him when I made the reservations I was told motel 6 doesn't charge pet fee, and he said it was his personal pet fee he charges.

I will never stay here again, I will never stay at a motel 6 again. American owned and operated motels for me for now on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo