New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Jackson, NH
“Not a nice place”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed here on September 18, 2012. I was helping a friend, moving her from New Hampshire to California, so we had a Jeep with a U-Haul in tow and 2 good pets. This was our first stop after a long 15 hours behind the wheel.

Generally Motel 6 means a basic, but clean room... sometimes the areas Motel 6's are located in are sketchy, but this one seemed to be in a safe area. One thing though, is it is located 5-6 miles from the interstate (I-71), something we did not know from the Motel 6 website.

The low grade for this motel is the fact it is a converted old one level motel. This is not the newer "box" style Motel 6, but an "updated" older motel. As we drove up, my friend said "Oh it looks nice"... well that really was the only time it looked or smelled nice.

I know we had pets, but we were put into a room that had a stench of smoke, the room was not that clean, the pillows were terrible, and the beds were not much better. I think we slept from pure exhaustion. The room was in great need of updating, even walking on the carpet barefoot gave a bit of an uneasy feel.

As far as parking with a trailer, I had to park on the street, if you do stay here is desperation... hint do not pull between the buildings with a trailer... you will have to back all the way out because the 3 access point to the 3-building motel are all dead ends... park on the road!

Overall, I don't love Motel 6, some properties are updated, this one is not! Maybe we would have done better if we were not delegated to the "pet friendly" rooms -- which by our guess is also a smoking room?? As I mentioned, the area was a safe area, there was a restaurant closeby (like a Denny's or similar restaurant.... not quite sure of the name, we were in late at night and out very early).

A plus for travelers on motorcycles and others that like they're car close by, you can park right at the door.... I would check out the room before you stay though!

Room Tip: Check the room first... we had a "pet-friendly" room that had the smell of smoking and not...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank crazyguyonabike

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
LaGrange, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Only stayed one night and will never stay here again. I actually wouldn't let my dog stay here...it was terrible! Really expected better considering the fact we were charged $92 for a one night stay on a Friday. Upon opening the door to the room, we were almost knocked down by the smell of mold & paint mixed. The carpet was covered with stains, mud, & paint drippings. The curtains were full of holes, bedding was covered with burn holes, a/c unit was full of dirt, mold, & stale french fries. The telephone was filthy, the one nightstand in the room had brown slimy "something" on it that we wiped off with a napkin......which I took to the front desk upon checkout and got no more of a response from the receptionist than "ok". The desk in the room was sagging like it was about to break, dresser was broken, burn spots on the ceilings, trim coming off the lower wall in the bathroom, soft spots in bathroom floor, mold around bathtub, ventilation fan in bath didn't work & was full of dirt and mold.....bathroom was so nasty we didn't even consider showering in it! Sink panel fell off and hit my fiance in the legs when he walked up to the sink to brush his teeth....revealing the under cabinet of the sink which was also full of filth and trash! Holes in the walls, safe that didn't work, one VERY skimpy pillow per person, not even an alarm clock available. And to top it all off, our children were staying with us and about 5 doors down....there was a prostitute soliciting men in the parking lot!! Hands down the absolute worst place we have ever stayed...I say again...DO NOT STAY HERE!! The general manager, Umesh Patel, should be ashamed of himself for renting rooms out in this poor quality & even more ashamed of himself for the price he is charging! If I owned copyrights to the Motel 6 "name", I wouldn't hestitate to remove this bum & his rat trap from my hotel chain!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank Becky T

Travelers are raving about these Mansfield hotels

Albemarle, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Spent two nights... nothing fancy ..then again its Motel 6... only prob is they need to update there bedding.. Comforters and under blanks had quite a few cigarette burns... couldn't guess we got smoking room bedding in our non smoking room... Bright spot... the girl who checked us in when we arrived was great and friendly

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Only stayed one night, place was clean but dated. Room smelled awful.....like it just recently was changed from a smoking to non-smoking room. Didn't expected more but only a bar of soap was provided, no shampoo/conditioner or hair dryer for anyone wondering. Pool was closed.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Our electric was out due to a storm on June 29, 2012. Power was out to all of Mount Vernon, so I booked a room at Motel 6 in Mansfield on line. The girl at the check in desk was very friendly and personable. Since my power was out and possibly would be out for several days, she moved me into a room with a microwave and small refrigerator at no extra cost.
The room itself was average, but the price was great. $49.99 on Sat. night and $39.99 the rest of my stay.
The room was comfortable and air conditioner worked great. Beds were a little soft and saggy but NO BUGS and sheets were clean. I always bring my own pillow but the pillows were not too bad.
The shower was ok, enough hot water for my long showers. The pipes and shower head were very loose though. The bathroom doorknob had been replaced and there was a large gaping hole where the other one was.
The TV was older but worked. Cable was ok. Internet was good, but not secure (several attempts were made to hack into my laptop). The desk lamp had no light bulb.
The pool is not going to be opened (owner said he could not get permission to open it?). Website still has pool listed so I was disappointed in this.
I had paid for 3 nights but was able to go home after 2 (my electric had been restored). Desk clerk issued me a credit which was posted in about 4-5 days to my bank account.
As for the noise, I did not hear the trucks on Rt. 30, probably because of the tv during the day and the ac running at night. I was in the 400 building and there were only a few cars out in the lot by that building. I did not see any drug activity or any crime during my stay. Also, there are no mirrors in the bathroom, only outside the bathroom above the sink area, and I do not see how a hypodermic needle would even fit above a mirror that is pretty flush against the wall (as a previous reviewer had complained of).
This was my 3rd stay at this motel in about 3 yrs and would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms with 2 doubles have microwaves and refrigerators. 400 Building is quiet.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
Toledo, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

I was doing contracting work in Mansfield and wanted a reasonably priced & close to work place to stay for an extended time period. I feel like a fool but I stayed here for about 4 months because I believed that this was the most economical place to stay in Mansfield. The room was noisy due to the truck traffic that goes non-stop on Route 30 24-hours a day. I got used to the noise after about a month so why did I stay here? Good question, I guess I am stupid. The walls are paper thin & I could hear everything going on in the room next to me, particularly the TVs which make it difficult to sleep. Several times, I had light bulbs burn out in the room and it took days to get them replaced. Let me tell you this is a crime ridden place. One time the SWAT team was here getting a drug dealer with two runaway underage girls. Then there was the break-in of a room during the daytime across from mine of a couple of guys that I work with. They were only there one day when someone pried their door open. When they complained to the manager, the manager accused them of breaking into their own room, nice ... huh? ... Let me not forget about the mouse in my room that ate a hole in a loaf of bread ... I told the manager about is but he did nothing ... so I had to call the Mansfield Health Department to get something done about this issue. Also, with the smell of mold which was all to prevalent in my room ... Once again I ask myself why did I stay here for so long ... I am still trying to figure that out, but take it from me, avoid this crime ridden, moldy, mouse infected, & noisy place!!!

Room Tip: stay away from hotel ... avoid it at any cost
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank hazmat_one
Salem, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I stay there about once a month on business because it's convenient, is quiet every time I have stayed there, and is the only motel in Mansfield in this lower price range with Wi-Fi. The owners are cheap, cheap, CHEAP!! Every room I have stayed in, one of the two light bulbs in the lamp above the desk is removed to save money! Not as cheap as the Merit Inn downtown.. at least at the Motel 6 you get a fresh bar of soap and clean towels each day!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business