“Great customer service”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great customer service”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have stayed here a few times, mostly with points. Hotel is very clean, staff very helpful. Staff went out of their way to accommodate my needs. Front desk clerk was Very friendly and helps me find a place to eat and her selection was great.

A lot of people pick on petty items in hotels but basically this is a very good choice to stay, it is right of highway easy access to everything’s food and shopping..

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 317jamesc317
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and property. We strive to provide every guest with excellent service and comfortable accomodations. We hope to see you again in the future when in Mansfield, Ohio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Waterloo, New York
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The hallway looks dirty/outdated. The room appears nice and the bed/pillows are comfortable. We stayed on the way down south and then again on the way back home. We were in two different rooms for each trip. The water pressure in the shower in the first room was weak. The entrance to the area this room was in didn't have a card reader to get in. You could see where the card reader was and had been ripped off the wall....the door was not secure, it just opened to anyone who had the where-with-all to pull open the door. We fell asleep to the sound of the baby in the next room crying and voices in the hall way. The second stay, on the way back, was in a different room. The access to that room was via secure entrance but having any entrance unsecured provides access to any room in the hotel. The heating/cooling unit in the room was very outdated and loud so we left it off. The water pressure in the shower of this room was HORRIBLE. It took me four times as long to wash and rinse than it would have in a shower with regular pressure. The odd thing is that the pressure at the sink and out of the tub faucet was incredible... just the shower head trickled... We fell asleep this time to the sound of the small dog in the room next to us yapping and footsteps above us clomping around. The bed was comfortable and the room was good size.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us during your trip to and from your destination. I am sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We are taking your feedback to our department heads to make improvments and corrective actions in the areas that you addressed. We hope that when in the area you choose to stay with us again so that we may provide you with superior customer care.
Yukon, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Trip advisor customers rate this #1 in Mansfield, I can’t believe that. This Best Western was $76 a night (corporate rate), they don’t tell you that there is no elevator but if you want a room away from the traffic you will have to second floor because all the ones on the quite side of the first floor are full. I found trash in room on floor from previous guest. The bed sheets and comforter have what appear to be cigarette burns even though a non smoking room. I kept smelling cigarettes then realized after 2 day that half the hotel is smoking. The doors don’t hold back smoke so yes it goes into every room. The breakfast consists of instant coffee, frozen egg and sausage patties.I have a picture of the dirty washcloth they left in my room. The rooms are small; I could sit on the bed open fridge and wash my hands. I checked out and moved across town to another hotel, I am working in the area for a couple more weeks and will report on how good the Quality inn I checked into is but I can tell it is already a big improvement and less money.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on the highway side, better yet dont stay at this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
First off I would like to apologize that you did not experience an excellent stay with us. We take great pride in our property and unfortunately we made errors in your accommodations with your room. We have taken the information you supplied us with and will use it in training of our staff to hopefully eliminate these errors in the future. We are currently taking on the task of making our breakfast a more pleasant experience for all with continuing changes. However, our health department does not allow us to cook so we have tried offering the Jimmy Dean Sausage and Egg patties as a protein offering. I also am sorry that you did not like the Nestle coffee, we would be happy to provide any guests with additional coffee that can be brewed in the inroom coffee pots if they do not care for the Nestle product. All in all we appreciate your feed back and will continue to do our best to offer superior customer service in the future for all of our guests.
Sevierville, Tennessee, Usa
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we stay at this hotel every year and sometimes twice a year!! It is close to 71 and convenient to all the places we like to go when we visit family!! The hotel is close to Walmart and several nice restaurants!! Rooms are large and nice but could use a little updating!! It definetely serves our purpose when we travel to our original home state!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kim M
BWMansfieldOhio, Front Office Manager at Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
As always it was a pleasure having you stay with us. We are going to be changing some items in the rooms soon, so I hope that you see the difference upon your return to our property. We just upgraded the property to all new HD services and hope that you enjoyed those new modifications while you were with us. Please let us know if you need any assistance in the future and Thank You for staying with us.
montague, tn
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Room was clean, bed comfortable, TV, wireless worked well. Good self serve breakfast, but the BEST was the friendly, helpful staff. When I went to my car to leave, I found that there was ice and snow on my windshield. I am from the south and do not own an ice scraper nor did I have time to wait for my defroster to clear the windshield. When Courtney who was on the front desk discovered my delima she put on her coat, went out in the cold to her car to loan me her ice scraper. Southern hospitality is alive and well at The Best Western, Mansfield, OH. Thanks Courtney !!

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you or your kind comments. We strive to give every guest excellent customer care and Courtney has shown you just how much each and every guest means to us. We are happy the you enjoyed your stay and hope that you have had a safe trip. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to be of service again in the future.
Marysville, Ohio
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. A great place to stay overnight after a long day of skiing. They do offer ski packages at the hotel. Always clean, beds are comfortable. Breakfast is the standard fare wish they would add fruit. The staff are professional but not friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Kitkat579
BWMansfieldOhio, General Manager at Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for staying with us we are glad that you enjoyed your room. However, I am very sorry that you did not find our staff very polite and friendly. We strive to offer excellent customer service and to be as courteous as possible. Please know that we have spoke to all of our staff to ensure that we maintain a high level of satisfaction from our customers. Please travel safe and we hope to see you again.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights. We wanted a place that was good price and fairly close to restaurants and freeway . This place was pretty good for the price. It had good breakfast, pool, exercise room and nice rooms. Good stay for the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank miya p
Thank you for choosing our property. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of some of the amenities that our property offers. Please let us know if we may be of any assistance in the future when in the Mansfield, Ohio area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mansfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario
Comfort Inn Splash Harbor
Comfort Inn Splash Harbor
#1 of 4 in Bellville

Been to Best Western Richland Inn-Mansfield? Share your experiences!