“Met expectations”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Columbus, Ohio
“Met expectations”
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is an older property, but it met expectations in that everything was clean and neat. It is nowhere close to I-71 but its the only Marriott property in the Mansfield area. Stayed here on points so I find it hard to complain. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. Overall it met my needs.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here for one night, and as we usually stay at Marriott properties, we chose this hotel for that reason, and for it's reviews on tripadvisor. We originally we in a room at the end of the hallway on the third floor. We were in a room with two queen beds. As soon as we opened the door, the smell of cigarette smoke was quite evident. We called down to the front desk, and were told we could have a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa on the second floor. Due to the fact that there were no rooms available with two queens, and that my daughter has asthma, we were happy to change rooms. We went downstairs and switched keys. The second room was fine, and we used the sleeper sofa. We just couldn't understand how a hotel that was supposed to be "smoke free" could offer a room that smelled heavily of smoke. While the clerk did apologize, and it obviously was not his fault, the management should look into this problem. Hopefully, it doesn't happen all of the time. On our entire trip, we stayed at five different Marriott properties, and only had a problem like this at this one property.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank captainsmom2
Ridgeland
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Ring valued at $1,500.00 and a digital camera at $300.00 was missing from our room. I was not even seeking compensation for the items. I figured someone else obviously needed the items more that I--what comes around goes around! I voiced my concern to the management and he pretty much called my wife and I liars! I reserved my stay with a debit card and paid with cash upon arrival--like that is a problem? I have been the victim of identity theft in the past and don't like to use cards. My debit card was never returned to me by the desk clerk and was probably lost so I had to cancel it. I have never been arrested or in trouble with the law, served this country for 26 years in the military and this guy treated me like I was a common criminal and accused me of setting the whole incident up! I didn't appreciate the unprofessional treatment. Manager was not about to do anything about what happened and was extremely confrontational. Kept repeating "For the Love of God leave". Basically throwing me out of the hotel because he did not want to deal with the problem or his lack of interpersonal skills. The accomodations were adequate, not knocking the hotel, just the management. As a government employee and reservist who processes travel orders, I will discourage people from using this location or hotel chain if this is the kind of treatment received. I am not looking for any compensation and would stay in a cardboard box before choosing this place! There are too many other hotels out there to put up with this. How many others have a bad experience and don't say anything about it? Chew on this Mr. [-]!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Indiana
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Stayed one night, clean, people at front desk friendly and helpful. Typical hotel breakfast,
adequate and good. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
jwlozier, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario, responded to this review, March 2, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay! We hope to see you again in the future!

Jim
Buffalo
Reviewed April 11, 2007

Althought it is 10 miles from I-71 we used this hotel as a stop-over on a trip to Kentucky. it was typical of a Fairfield Inn; clean, comfortable and priced right. The staff was super, had the roll away bed we requested in the room prior to our arrival. Free breakfast in the morning was more than adequate. Plenty of chain restaurants and stores surround this location.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family