All reviews stayed here check in was quick nice place a great stay one night stay many choices front desk clerk off the highway would stay again elevator applebees
Selected filters
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

I have stayed at this establishment quite a few times in the past and have been satisfied. When I booked my most recent stay I wondered why the cost went up so much within a month. When I checked in I was told that they had to send me to their partner hotel across the street due to a pipe burst and rooms not able to accommodate guests. I bought that. They said I was getting an upgrade for the same price. Ah ha. That is why the price jump on the Marriott site. They knew they were going to move me before I even booked. That's the reason for the price jump. When I checked the website and for the Towneplace hotel, guess what? It was the same price I booked. So I didn't get an upgrade for my inconvenience after all. I got scammed. Shame on Marriott rewards for treating your member so dishonesty. I will be looking for another hotel chain in Mansfield next time.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
TyroneM226, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2019

Hello

Thank you for taking some time to write a review for our property. Your feedback is very important to us! I am so sorry we had to move you to other Marriott hotel. Please believe me we couldn’t have known. I'm very sorry for the confusion surrounding your reservations and for the frustration that it caused. Please believe me, it's our intent to make sure that every guest that walks in our door are the most important guest in house. Towneplace was about to assist us in keeping your cost the same. Should you have any further suggestions, questions, comments, or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me. Thank you again for your time and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Tyrone

Reviewed December 2, 2018

STUNNED- Expecting the Marriott, stayed at more of a motel 2
Check in.......
Dirty room- ROOM ONE. Hairs in the Tub, soap left in it, with something brown around the entire tub. CHANGED ROOMS

ROOM TWO-From all appearances, it had been cleaned. A KING size room, but very small compared to most. Left to eat returned within around 55 minutes to find there was a ROACH crawling on the nightstand by my Yeti.
We alerted the front desk, this TIME face to face and in a kind and patient, but rather stunned manner. The young lady simply said, I am glad your so patient, if it were me, I would not be that calm. She then said, she was calling the Hotel management, and would get in touch with us concerning this.
NOTHING was done. NO upgrade, NO comps, NEVER heard a word from the Manager NEVER heard anything.
HOTEL RATING overall-
Loud & Dated hotel and we will never stay here again and will certainly tell others we know who travel in a corporate setting AVOID this hotel. If I owned a business such as this, I would certainly do everything I could to make sure everyone was happy from check in to out,
We are now travelling more than ever, and in doing so I find that we have chosen to stay with either the Marriott family or the Hilton.. . for NOW. In Chicago approximately 3 weeks ago, we stayed with the Marriott closer to O'Hara. The staff was extremely caring, and everything was as we expected.
The following week, we chose the Hilton Doubletree at Midway. To date, it has exceeded every hotel we have stayed in. The room service was beyond what we ordered with the extra touches that make you feel like you are appreciated as a patron of their chain. In it, I gave it 5 stars on every level.
As we draw to the conclusion of our stay HERE however, I am simply still amazed that not one thing has been done about the multiple issues.
I do perhaps know why our first room was not clean, as yesterday brought 2 maids standing outside our door ....and others, laughing and literally goofing off for OVER an hour. I am patient, but knowing that there are all types of people staying in these hotels, from workers, to children, to elderly, to just the exhausted traveler, this was just over the top, I have had enough.
I finally after one hour and 11 minutes opened the door, to find them just standing with the cart laughing in the hallway, at which time they turned to me and said, "Oh....hey".
Hey?
Perhaps I am older now and expect more, but I never expect anything from others, that I myself would not do. MANNERS. Thinking of others is just a life concept that goes beyond even business.
It is truly sad that we are in this age whereby so many simply do not care.
In closing, I just cannot recommend this hotel. I have tried to find something that is good, anything that would tell others to stay here, but if I were coming to this area, I would want to know these truths...and would probably say....go on down another exit..
To say ONE good word, at least there was one staff member who said, I really appreciate your kindness about the roaches. YES....she actually said that...and we actually remained calm and professional.

I suppose I can thank them, because I now have decided to begin my own travel blog in early 2019 that will rate hotels, dining, shopping and more. ALL the face to face business that we do every day. In this I hope it will help countless people know and hear unbiased truths about each of them.

Until then, May you all have a Wonderful Christmas, and Travel Safely, keeping in mind others as you go, but always expect the best in every area of life!

Date of stay: December 2018
3  Thank 259sabrinag
Reviewed September 13, 2018

The room was modern and clean. Bed was incredibly comfy!! Check in was quick and pleasant!! Cheerful girl. Very helpful! The breakfast had many choices hot and cold. Breakfast area was clean and kept stocked.

Room tip: Located close to highway. Lots of places to eat around there. Close to sams club and Walmart.
Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2018

We stayed here on our way to the Ohio Reformatory. The rooms were clean and spacious and the front desk staff was very nice. The breakfast was good with lots of options. Tons of restaurant options also. We would stay again when in the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

Easy to get to off the highway. Tons of food Choices close. Applebee’s is walking distance. If I remember correctly the parking lots are connected.

Shopping is close.

Clean lobby and room. Breakfast.

Friendly staff.