New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Clean and great service here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
“Clean and great service here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

They messed my reservation and gave me one bed instead of two. They discounted my room but It messed my whole night of sleep up sleeping with my 3 year old kicking me all night. Great staff and clean hotel, just think more should have been done to accommodate my situation.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

While traveling on business frequently, I am used to just the normal 2 queen rooms. This time I chose the Executive King suite. I must say that it was more than comfortable. I felt like I had ample space to do my work on the sofa, with a movable table for my laptop, in front of a big screen TV. Then when I was ready for bed, I watched the other big screen TV. Only con, there was some construction going on but it was barely noticed. The staff was more than friendly and accommodating. There are plenty of restaurants nearby and a business associate of mine even caught a movie in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: Choose the Executive King.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I often stay at Fairfield hotels and this was such a disappointment. Under construction. Eating area felt like a closet. Short meal time. No service. This was way sub-par for Marriott. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
TMIHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry for the issues you encountered with your groups reservation. Unfortunately during renovation, issues do arise with reservations and the availability of rooms. I am glad we were able to get the matter resolved and that you and your group were able to stay with us.We hope you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!

Cynthia Gardner
Louisville, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

On December 16th a group of 14 individuals booked a block of 7 rooms at the Fairfield Inn for an event that our team was enrolled in the weekend of April 26-27th 2013. Knowing that this event would bring hundreds of thousands of people to an area with 4 hotels, we booked well in advance – 4.5 months to be precise. As the event was drawing near our team was excited and plans were finalized. We were notified on April 18th - 10 DAYS – prior to our event being held that the Fairfield Inn was NOT able to honor our reservations and we no longer had rooms at the hotel. They cited “hotel renovations” as the cause for our cancellations. After spending days on the telephone speaking with assistant manager - Jeff, general manager – Cindy and finally the corporate office - Lisa, we were told that the hotel would be so kind to book us another hotel 29 miles away from our event as now this close to the event all of the other hotels were fully booked. After this experience I will never stay, nor would I recommend a Fairfield Inn or Marriot property to any friend or client. Bottom line is – you don’t overbook a hotel for an event and then punish the persons who planned ahead of time and reserved a room for half the cost of others that waited until the last minute. This was a horrible experience and a waste of many hours of my time spent on the telephone. Stay at another hotel who values their customers!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank asmith642
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly a hotel snob I am really anxious to see this complete renovation ! The lobby is yes, still under renovation but the rooms are gorgeous for a Fairfield. They are adding a fitness center. In the meantime they offer passes to a local full service gym.

I felt the need to address so many people trashing the hotel. Jeff the hotel assistant manager was genuinely excited about the new hotel and went out of the way to let me know where things were.

No business is going to be 100 percent during the actual renovation. But the service received is almost as important as the future results will be fantastic.

- a Marriott lifetime platinum member.
Ps- I will be back and look forward to reviewing this again when the renovations are compete. That's the only reason I didn't give all 5 ratings!

• Stayed April 2013
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were driving back from a family visit to Dallas which was delayed due to illness and then car problems so we had to change our reservations a few times. We ended up reserving a room for last night in the ONLY Marriott properly on the way between Columbus, OH and Cleveland, OH at the Fairfield Inn Mansfield OH. We pulled up exhausted after 10pm last night and almost just left but we had a child that needed to be changed and gotten out of her wheelchair. The place was scary at night with all kinds of construction equipment and a guy lurking around outside looking at a bulldozer smoking. Turns out he was the Marriott employee from the front desk (smoking outside the door on the totally nonsmoking property). When I entered the lobby, I was horrified. It is COMPLETELY RIPPED OUT AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION WITH CONSTRUCTION DUST THROUGHOUT. Bottom line we would NEVER HAVE STAYED HERE IF WE KNEW. The long haired sloppy guy at the front desk was pretty much unimpressed with my anger and concern (I have asthma) and only after 5 minutes or so offered to call the Hampton Inn or another nearby NON-MARRIOTT property. I went out to speak to my husband but he had already emptied the van to get our daughter out (it is a rear entry wheelchair van so ...). THERE WAS NOTHING ON WEBSITE ABOUT CONSTRUCTION. I just checked again. This is not a little construction, but the entire breakfast area, lobby is gone and inaccessible. See the picture. We should not have had to check in through that mess and get up to our room to finally get a notice about the construction in our room from Manager Cyndi Gardner. The note indicates that the renovations started at the beginning of April so plenty of time to put it on the website to let patrons decide for themselves when they have time to do something. 10:30apm at night is hardly the time to have to switch hotels. I expected more from Marriott. The rooms themselves are quite nice but I would NOT stay here until the renovations were complete!

Room Tip: Call this one before booking since they do not let you know when MAJOR construction is going on and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor; we appreciate all feed back. My apologies for all of the issues you experienced while at our hotel. I have shared your concerns with the entire staff and discussed how we can prevent issues like these from happening in the future. We have placed a notice on our website stating we are under renovation. Again thank you for your comments and we hope that once our renovations are complete you will give us a second chance.

Cynthia Gardner General Manager
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 6 nights and chose this motel because we got Marriott points. Took 5 nights to get the reading light fixed. Didn't have enough towels. Staff was friendly. No oat cards available or snacks. Furniture not comfy and looked like thrift shop leftovers.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jaqpot
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback in regards to your recent stay with us; I am very sorry you had so many issues. We are currently undergoing a full renovation to update our rooms as well as adding a market for guests. This will give us a fresher look and add a place for guests to purchase a variety of snacks and other items. If you are in the area again we hope you will stop back and give us another chance!
- TMI Hospitality Reviews .