WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield

Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Indiana
“Under renovation but can't wait to see the final product!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Admittedly a hotel snob I am really anxious to see this complete renovation ! The lobby is yes, still under renovation but the rooms are gorgeous for a Fairfield. They are adding a fitness center. In the meantime they offer passes to a local full service gym.

I felt the need to address so many people trashing the hotel. Jeff the hotel assistant manager was genuinely excited about the new hotel and went out of the way to let me know where things were.

No business is going to be 100 percent during the actual renovation. But the service received is almost as important as the future results will be fantastic.

- a Marriott lifetime platinum member.
Ps- I will be back and look forward to reviewing this again when the renovations are compete. That's the only reason I didn't give all 5 ratings!

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Buffalo, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were driving back from a family visit to Dallas which was delayed due to illness and then car problems so we had to change our reservations a few times. We ended up reserving a room for last night in the ONLY Marriott properly on the way between Columbus, OH and Cleveland, OH at the Fairfield Inn Mansfield OH. We pulled up exhausted after 10pm last night and almost just left but we had a child that needed to be changed and gotten out of her wheelchair. The place was scary at night with all kinds of construction equipment and a guy lurking around outside looking at a bulldozer smoking. Turns out he was the Marriott employee from the front desk (smoking outside the door on the totally nonsmoking property). When I entered the lobby, I was horrified. It is COMPLETELY RIPPED OUT AND UNDER CONSTRUCTION WITH CONSTRUCTION DUST THROUGHOUT. Bottom line we would NEVER HAVE STAYED HERE IF WE KNEW. The long haired sloppy guy at the front desk was pretty much unimpressed with my anger and concern (I have asthma) and only after 5 minutes or so offered to call the Hampton Inn or another nearby NON-MARRIOTT property. I went out to speak to my husband but he had already emptied the van to get our daughter out (it is a rear entry wheelchair van so ...). THERE WAS NOTHING ON WEBSITE ABOUT CONSTRUCTION. I just checked again. This is not a little construction, but the entire breakfast area, lobby is gone and inaccessible. See the picture. We should not have had to check in through that mess and get up to our room to finally get a notice about the construction in our room from Manager Cyndi Gardner. The note indicates that the renovations started at the beginning of April so plenty of time to put it on the website to let patrons decide for themselves when they have time to do something. 10:30apm at night is hardly the time to have to switch hotels. I expected more from Marriott. The rooms themselves are quite nice but I would NOT stay here until the renovations were complete!

Room Tip: Call this one before booking since they do not let you know when MAJOR construction is going on and...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor; we appreciate all feed back. My apologies for all of the issues you experienced while at our hotel. I have shared your concerns with the entire staff and discussed how we can prevent issues like these from happening in the future. We have placed a notice on our website stating we are under renovation. Again thank you for your comments and we hope that once our renovations are complete you will give us a second chance.

Cynthia Gardner General Manager
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 6 nights and chose this motel because we got Marriott points. Took 5 nights to get the reading light fixed. Didn't have enough towels. Staff was friendly. No oat cards available or snacks. Furniture not comfy and looked like thrift shop leftovers.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Jaqpot
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback in regards to your recent stay with us; I am very sorry you had so many issues. We are currently undergoing a full renovation to update our rooms as well as adding a market for guests. This will give us a fresher look and add a place for guests to purchase a variety of snacks and other items. If you are in the area again we hope you will stop back and give us another chance!
- TMI Hospitality Reviews .
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

I stay in Marriott brand hotels 40+ weeks a year, but this was a very disappointing first stay at this Fairfield Inn. The room had multiple problems, beginning with the TV having audio but no video. I had to unplug the TV power cord for 10 minutes and plug it back in before I was able to get a picture. Other problems included the microwave having no power, even though it was plugged into a live plug; the pull rod missing on the curtain; the iron being an auto-off so that I had to keep unplugging and plugging it back in to get it to heat and the spray feature not working; and the carpet being so dirty that just a few minutes of walking in my sock feet was starting to turn the bottom of my socks grey. I arrived late at night and it wasn't until I had unpacked that I started discovering all of the problems, so it really wasn't worth it at that point to pack everything up again and change rooms. I will say that aside from the dirty carpet, the room and bathroom were very clean, although the bathroom linens were quite thin. I know that the hotel is undergoing some renovations, but that has nothing to do with the very poor oversight of this room that should not have been rented in this condition. First impressions are everything, so I will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank suzanneaustin
MansfieldFF_GM, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ontario Mansfield, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for all of the electrical issues as well as the carpet in your room. It is our goal to ensure all guests have an excellent stay with us and I am truly sorry this was not the case for you. I reviewed your comments with my staff and discussed how we can be sure these issues in our rooms are not overlooked again. We hope you will give us a second chance in the future so that we can give restore your faith in Marriott.
ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stopped in by chance at this lovely hotel one Friday night. We were greeted by Gibson, who was sweet and accomodating. He set us up with a nice room, clean, spacious and comfortable. We walked to the Appleby's right next door and had dinner. The next morning we were surprised by the set up of breakfast food in the lounge! Sausage and biscuits, eggs, hot, all ready cooked oatmeal, rolls, fresh fruit, yogurt, and lots more, all with several kinds of juice and 4 kinds of coffee. The meal was completed by the wonderful woman[didn't get her name,sorry] who kept everything running smoothly, carried our plates away, talked with us, and was so proud to talk about the hotel and the upcoming renovations. We will stay here again, and you would be well off to do the same. You won't be dissapointed!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We come to Mansfield quite a bit as my husband races at Mid-Ohio. Very clean and spacious rooms and a great breakfast in the morning that is very well stocked. Very close to the shopping mall, Target and some restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ann0077
Louisville, KY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We travel a great deal and have come to trust the Marriott line of hotels We were not disappointed with our day at the Mansfield Fairfield Inn. The rooms were neat, clean and well maintained. Not sure how Marriott maintains the high levels of inns but I do appreciate.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family