“A Perfect Stay”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Mansfield Ontario
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Mansfield
Reviewed October 9, 2011

This hotel met every criteria for a great stay. The check-in was quick and friendly. The room was in excellent condition and perfectly clean. The room was quiet and the temperature control worked perfectly. The internet connection was fast.

There was an indoor pool which was well maintained and open until midnight.

The breakfast was very good. Lots of nice extras and completely stocked past the time that was the advertised end time.

Quick checkout. Plenty of parking. Friendly, helpful staff. I couldn't ask for anything more, especially at this price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I thought this was a really nice hotel. It was about 1 minute from where we were for a conference and I really liked it. It was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and they had a pool and hot tub. The room was a nice sized room with a king bed, a desk with a chair, an extra chair in the corner, and an lg flat screen which was awesome. The bed was memory foam or tempur pedic or something like that and was very comfortable. The thing I thought was really cool was it had a microwave and a mini fridge in there for our pops and when we warmed up left over food from supper. I really liked this hotel and I would stay there again, if I was in Mansfield again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2011

There really wasn't anything I liked about this place. It was booked by my company, so I didn't have a choice, but assuming you do...pick the Hampton Inn next door! This hotel needs updating and cleaning! I had mold on the ceiling and the carpet did not look like it had been vaccuumed. Most people in our group had similar issues, so I didn't bother to ask to change rooms. Walls are paper thin. There is no fitness room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AEgan
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Nice clean hotel. Close to highway and many shops, restaurants and bars. You can actually walk to several if you smartly choose not to "drink & drive". My only complaint was that the hot tub was closed for repair during our entire stay. I was looking forward to unwinding in the hot tub, but I'm sure that is just a temporary thing and simply bad timing for us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2010

This hotel is an older property, but it met expectations in that everything was clean and neat. It is nowhere close to I-71 but its the only Marriott property in the Mansfield area. Stayed here on points so I find it hard to complain. Breakfast was good and staff were friendly. Overall it met my needs.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2010

We stayed here for one night, and as we usually stay at Marriott properties, we chose this hotel for that reason, and for it's reviews on tripadvisor. We originally we in a room at the end of the hallway on the third floor. We were in a room with two queen beds. As soon as we opened the door, the smell of cigarette smoke was quite evident. We called down to the front desk, and were told we could have a room with a king bed and a sleeper sofa on the second floor. Due to the fact that there were no rooms available with two queens, and that my daughter has asthma, we were happy to change rooms. We went downstairs and switched keys. The second room was fine, and we used the sleeper sofa. We just couldn't understand how a hotel that was supposed to be "smoke free" could offer a room that smelled heavily of smoke. While the clerk did apologize, and it obviously was not his fault, the management should look into this problem. Hopefully, it doesn't happen all of the time. On our entire trip, we stayed at five different Marriott properties, and only had a problem like this at this one property.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank captainsmom2
Reviewed July 6, 2010

Ring valued at $1,500.00 and a digital camera at $300.00 was missing from our room. I was not even seeking compensation for the items. I figured someone else obviously needed the items more that I--what comes around goes around! I voiced my concern to the management and he pretty much called my wife and I liars! I reserved my stay with a debit card and paid with cash upon arrival--like that is a problem? I have been the victim of identity theft in the past and don't like to use cards. My debit card was never returned to me by the desk clerk and was probably lost so I had to cancel it. I have never been arrested or in trouble with the law, served this country for 26 years in the military and this guy treated me like I was a common criminal and accused me of setting the whole incident up! I didn't appreciate the unprofessional treatment. Manager was not about to do anything about what happened and was extremely confrontational. Kept repeating "For the Love of God leave". Basically throwing me out of the hotel because he did not want to deal with the problem or his lack of interpersonal skills. The accomodations were adequate, not knocking the hotel, just the management. As a government employee and reservist who processes travel orders, I will discourage people from using this location or hotel chain if this is the kind of treatment received. I am not looking for any compensation and would stay in a cardboard box before choosing this place! There are too many other hotels out there to put up with this. How many others have a bad experience and don't say anything about it? Chew on this Mr. [-]!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family